Author Topic: question about unreleased Michael Jackson song featuring numerous other artists  (Read 179 times)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I used to have some unreleased mj song, I think it was originally planned to be a benefit song or something, it was him and a couple of other famous artists..    anybody got any idea what the track might be called ?

if somebody got it could you hook it up or lemme know where I can get it please ?

thanks in advance

KURUPTION-81

was it the one done for 911 or the feed the world track ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

You're probably talking about "What more Can I Give" which was a decent song with tons of huge names on it.  Michael planned to release it for the 9-11 victims, but like he does with everything in his life, he took too much time and turned it into some huge event that never happened.  In his defense, I guess it wasn't all his fault.

He wrote "What More can I Give" in 1999 or so and I believe he was going to use it as just a fund raising song around the turn of the millineum.  He made plans to perform New Years Eve 1999 in two different concerts, flying around the world in a jet to celebrate New Years Eve twice!  This song had something to do with all that.  Eventually those plans collapsed for whatever reason, and he was sued over it, which I believe he lost that lawsuit.

Anyways, in 2001 he attempted to resurrect his career with a new album, "Invincible".  Sony music apparently wasn't behind him as much as he wanted, they only made 1 video from the album (well, and a second video without Michael even in it).  Before that, though, Michael put together a plan to perform two concerts in New York, to honor his career.  So on September 7th, 2001, Michael held a huge concert in New York City, basically a party for himself.  On September 10th, 2001, he held the second one, with all these huge stars there.  He sold the rights, before time, to CBS to show the two concerts in the fall during sweeps week.  He signed an exclusivity agreement with them, and was paid 5 million dollars for the rights to the footage of the two concerts. 

The morning after the second concert, New York was bombed with Michael still in town with all of the performers and his entire family, who had been at the show the night before.  Reacting to the general insanity of that morning, Michael arranged for two buses to transport everyone out of town... all the airports were of course closed.  One bus had Michael & his family (his 2 kids, his mother, father, his 5 brothers, and two sisters), and one bus had Michael's friends who didn't have their own means of transportation (People like N*Sync, etc.). 

Anyways, Michael wanted to hold a charity concert to raise money for the victims, so he arranged this huge concert for a month or so later, and started immediately working on the song he had written a couple years earlier, "What More Can I Give".  He flew around the world in his personal jet and met celebrities, and had them record on the track.  People like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Usher, N*Sync, the Backstreet Boys, Luther Vandross... all these huge stars appeared on the song.  When the concert came around, CBS SUED ABC for showing it!  They claimed they had an exclusive agreement with Michael for those two concerts in new york, and hadn't shown them yet... so ABC couldnt' show footage of a concert he appeared at, due to their contract and the 5 million they paid him. 

So the concert was held, and Michael appeared, and sang at it.  When they showed him on t.v., with a whole stage full of musicians and singers singing the song, they would show long shots of the stage and never mentioned him by name although you could clearly see him dancing and singing lead in front of everybody, lol. 

Michael signed a deal with McDonalds, that was meant to actually SELL the CD single, at every McDonald's restaurant in the world.  All the profits would be donated to charity, and I think he could have made a fortune by selling it that way.

Since the whole thing was a clusterfuck, the song was never released. 

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^thanks alot for the detailed info  8)

you don't happen to know where I could possibly find the song ? I remember I really liked michael's part