Author Topic: Rakim Talks About Eminem In New Interview (Says If Em Was Black...........)  (Read 774 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
In a recent interview for foreign television, Rakim was asked what he thought about Eminem, his former label mate. The man who is often referred to as the God Emcee and regularly called the greatest of all-time, made some very flattering remarks about Slim.

”Eminem is nasty man, I don’t care what color he is. I don’t care about none of that nahmean? Real artists respect real artist’s man. Especially like a conscious artist that sits down and writes and hears another artist that sits down and does his writing…and he know…a brother nasty. Regardless, you can’t take nothing away from his thoughts and his pen, nahmean? Em is nasty man, I tell people to this day…if Em was black…he’d be the next Muhammad Ali man.”

http://hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.3718

jeromechickenbone

Well, if this real then i look at it like this.  I believe game recognize game, and no doubt Em was pretty sick a few years back.  But i don't get what the fuck he's been doin musically lately.  Not sure that i'd compare him to Ali.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Em has talent but hes been puttin out terrible music for the last coule of years. The only rapper imo that can be compared to ali is 2pac, although 2pac was more than rap he is to rap what elvis was to pop, Immortal.

Don Seer

pac aint that big outside the rap world.. everyone knows elvis and his music..

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
n if eminem was black hed never be where he is today cuz the only reason why he made it that far is cuz he white, he a great lyricist tho 

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
notice the '' if he was black''. Even rakim think he's not the best cuz he's not black

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I kinda disagree with that because if you ask an average person they will know some part of 2pac but not know anythning about any other rapper, like my english teacher knew who he was when i did my term paper on him and this guy is liek 60 years old. Yes, of course he's not as popular overall as elvis cause elvis has sold over 100 million but 2pac has sold 40 million in the states alone and is the best selling hip hop artist of all time so just in compari9son they are both the biggest solo artists in their genre and both iconic figures is why i made the comparison.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

I kinda disagree with that because if you ask an average person they will know some part of 2pac but not know anythning about any other rapper, like my english teacher knew who he was when i did my term paper on him and this guy is liek 60 years old. Yes, of course he's not as popular overall as elvis cause elvis has sold over 100 million but 2pac has sold 40 million in the states alone and is the best selling hip hop artist of all time so just in compari9son they are both the biggest solo artists in their genre and both iconic figures is why i made the comparison.

yeah MOST people know who tupac is, they may not know the music but they know the name, he's like jimi hendrix and bob marley in that sense

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

Everyone knows who 2pac is. His death was such a huge thing in the media.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
Em could never come close to pac on overall talent. Em is probably a better lyricist (flow wise) but not by much. It's a shame that we can't know how pac would have progressed beyond his death row days. I almost believe that the legacy pac helped create with all the concentration on matieral goods and thug life, would have been past him by now and he would have been into shit that rappers won't be doing until five years later.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rakim Talks About Eminem In New Interview (Says If Em Was Black...........)
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 02:10:33 PM »
I really cant understand how Em gets so much respect from other mcs???He raps about raping little boys & girls,animals or something like that,blah blah blah & all this other bullshit nobody cares about.

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »
I really cant understand how Em gets so much respect from other mcs???He raps about raping little boys & girls,animals or something like that,blah blah blah & all this other bullshit nobody cares about.

I think it's beyond the subject matter. His wordplay and flow are sick even though he's slippin lately.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 03:01:23 PM »
you can't deny his early talent

role model and rock bottom are both classic joints.
NO MORE WAR

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 03:09:58 PM »

thats kind of an ignorant comment, granted his subject matter is lacking, and granted hes not the same artist right now that he was, but em does more serious songs or songs that have at least some meaning then anything. its just the slim shady persona that made him famous, rappin about some dumb shit so people would take notice. early on he wanted to do the real shit, listen to infinite. and even later on he doesnt do nearly as much of that sick shit as you make it out to be. and about that tupac thing, i bet just as many or more people know who eminem is, but thats just cause hes white, if he was black he wouldnt sel nearly as much or be half as famous, but hed probly get more respect. although you cant get much more respect then rakim comparin you to ali.

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 03:58:37 PM »

thats kind of an ignorant comment, granted his subject matter is lacking, and granted hes not the same artist right now that he was, but em does more serious songs or songs that have at least some meaning then anything. its just the slim shady persona that made him famous, rappin about some dumb shit so people would take notice. early on he wanted to do the real shit, listen to infinite. and even later on he doesnt do nearly as much of that sick shit as you make it out to be. and about that tupac thing, i bet just as many or more people know who eminem is, but thats just cause hes white, if he was black he wouldnt sel nearly as much or be half as famous, but hed probly get more respect. although you cant get much more respect then rakim comparin you to ali.
I'm in total agreement with u.