Author Topic: is it here yet?  (Read 303 times)

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
Re: is it here yet?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 11:10:17 AM »
Not too shabby a song list that. Sunshine of Your Love = guitar classic.

How's things with you anyway?
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 11:12:07 AM »
yeah will be nice to play it when that lil amp (its only 12cm high!) is here so have some distortion.. my electro-acoustic sounds way too clean!

me same ole same ole..

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 11:15:39 AM »
You trying to fuck your next doors neighbours off or something?

Any reason why your starting with the guitar playing? I was considering it a few years back but figured it's something you really need to pick up as kid so I never bothered with it. Interesting hobby though I bet.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 11:20:38 AM »
naww i want to record.. as its easier to tell when my timing is out hearing things back (and see how shit i sound to everyeone else) .. the amp has a headphone out so i can listen with phones on and not piss people off or pipe the output to the PC and record/run through my stereo..

main reason i started was that new bob dylan documentary called "no direction home" that was on bbc2 about 3 months ago. amazing docu.. and inspired me a lot.. i've always liked the idea of playing something... my mates got a what you'd called 'normal' electric guitar (fender copy) and its been useful to get tips off of him too.. the guitars are strung the same so i can play on his when go round.. just that i dont need an amp if i dont really want to. had a go on his with an effects box he's borrowed from someone on sunday and it made whole load of difference.. since notes would hold longer once you'd moved onto the next one etc.. all these pedals give you more time over playing raw acoustic.

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 11:29:53 AM »
So I'm guessing your broadening your music taste to coincide with all this shindiggery as well eh? I know you've never been just a rap man, but you must be listening to some more rockier stuff like. Two words mate - Arctic Monkeys.

Was gonna watch that Bob Dylan documentary but I think I probably just got drunk instead. Like the music, but the man himself has always got on my tits a bit. Got into a really good Bob Dylan biography awhile back mind, can't remember the name of the author but it was quite the read.

Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 11:34:06 AM »

yeah i;ve always listened to other stuff.. but i've got into dylan a lot, a bit of clapton.. i've always been into hendrix (dude had 6 fingers i swear! ;)..

i'm just doin it to have fun and try play songs i can pick up

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 11:37:24 AM »
Yeah, I've got a mate who is obsessed with Hendrix. Just playing Hendrix covers is boring though.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride & Joy

Check that beast out.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 11:45:33 AM »
yeah not sticking to one artist or style.. i'll just play anything fun..   :)

*queued song*

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 11:50:10 AM »
definetly feelin the design of it man, i have ordered shit loads off ebay and everything came thru.

when i hear bout claims like my item didnt come i think its the people jus tryin to get money!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 11:55:55 AM »
well i have been messed around on ebay before.. but this i'm sure is good. the seller is a record store with over 8000 feedback.. part of ebay is learning to use feedback etc..

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 12:06:02 PM »
my mate just come on n said..

[20:07] lee: get me song?
[20:08] lee: arctic monkeys - when the sun goes down
[20:08] lee: its good
[20:08] Overseer: ok queueing...
[20:08] lee: sweet

;)

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 12:30:15 PM »
Should have took my advice earlier, been going on about them for god knows how long. And the song is more then good, it's fantastic. Best intro to a song I've heard in fuckin ages. It's going to get some serious airplay in coming weeks, depending on what else gets released on Jan 5th then it will probably get Number One too. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor was Top 10 for 6 weeks!!! For a first release from an indie band that's fucking crazy.

Album will get to number one without a shadow of doubt.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »
Yeah, I've got a mate who is obsessed with Hendrix. Just playing Hendrix covers is boring though.

Check that beast out.

Shit, best guitar player ever in my opinion! That guy is way to good, he's all solos.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 12:32:02 PM »

Check that beast out.

Shit, best guitar player ever in my opinion! That guy is way to good, he's all solos.

He's no Jimi but yeah, one of the best. Pride and Joy is one of my favourite songs.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 03:03:04 AM »

how u know i never checked a.m. :P .. they ok..

amp turned up a little while ago.. have checked its work.. its really loud for such a little thing!!