Author Topic: David Cameron elected as the leader of the Conservative Party  (Read 105 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
David Cameron elected as the leader of the Conservative Party
« on: December 06, 2005, 02:14:54 PM »
David Cameron has been elected as the new Conservative leader by a margin of more than two to one over David Davis.
The 39-year-old beat Mr Davis by 134,446 votes to 64,398 in a postal ballot of Tory members across the UK.

The Old Etonian, an MP for only four years, said the Tories must change and be in tune with today's Britain with a "modern compassionate Conservatism".

Personally i would have rather seen Davis win, he wanted to cut governement spending amoung other things but I did become less keen on him after his opportunistic attack on the anti terror bill to damage the government.

cameron looks like he just wants to rebrand the conservatives to labour, and has not presented any clear views....

however I think the next election will be interesting I think the conservatives could regain power, because i don't think the people want a prime minister gordan brown, especially as 'prudent chancellor' has been proved to be particularly unprudent breaking his golden rule of only borrowing to invest and rewritting the rule books, plus he was up beat about the economy back in may in the election campaign now hes slashed his growth figures in half! Brown has been lucky with the econoomy so far, I don't think it would have been much different under tory leadership although maybe public spending and taxation would be lower....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: David Cameron elected as the leader of the Conservative Party
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 02:41:50 PM »

Im sorry mate i dont want to hijack your thread but first of all David Cameron is just another Tony Blair lookalike charisma indeed but just a clone. As for you describing David Davis trying to hijack the labour terror bill....well Tony Blair continues repeating the rhetoric of the terrorists are trying to take our rights but in the same breath he says we must take your human rights to protect you, if thats not some bizarre double think then what is
!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:48:23 PM by virtuoso »

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:55:48 PM »

rather him than david davis.. god i cant stand that guy..

seems another weak tory guy to me tho..

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 02:57:22 PM »
i agree with u on cameron

on the terror bill its not like it would have been used widely, it would have been used on a very select few, it was suggested it wouldn't be any more than single figures each year, and it wouldn't have necessarily ment 90 days without charge it was up to 90 days without charge

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 03:02:05 PM »

seems another weak tory guy to me tho..

agreed only 4 years as an mp behind him, wants to take the 'punch and judy' element out of politics although if that means an end to the oppertunism seen under michael howard that would be a good thing.

be interesting to see how he performs at the next PMQs
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 03:03:44 PM by Don Rizzle »

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 01:46:44 AM »

i suppose at least he's not bald or grey this time  :D