Author Topic: The Montreal Massacre - 16 Years  (Read 124 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
The Montreal Massacre - 16 Years
« on: December 06, 2005, 11:20:53 AM »
Ceremonies commemorate Dec. 6 attack on women
Last Updated Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:34:07 EST
CBC News

Ceremonies are being held across Canada on Tuesday, the 16th anniversary of the Montreal massacre, a day of remembrance of violence against women.

* CBC ARCHIVES: The Montreal Massacre

The day was established to commemorate the Dec. 6, 1989, shooting deaths of 14 young women at the École Polytechnique de Montréal.

All 14 women were killed because of their gender.

Tuesday in Montreal, there will be several ceremonies to mark the day, including one at the city's Place-du-6-décembre.

The day will also be observed in other locations across the country.

In the 1989 attack, gunman Marc Lepine stormed an engineering class at the École Polytechnique. It was the last day of term before the Christmas break.

Lepine, 25, proclaimed he was getting even because feminists had ruined his life.

http://sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/12/06/Masscare-Anniversary-051206.html

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: The Montreal Massacre - 16 Years
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 11:21:46 AM »
i'll always remember that day  :-\

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 01:26:24 PM »
i'll always remember that day  :-\

i was too young to realize what had happened... but man that was some really fucked up shit

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 06:21:55 PM »
*ouch,sad day
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

K A I N

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »
On November 21, 1989, Lépine purchased a Ruger Mini-14 hunting rifle at a local sporting goods store. On December 6, Lépine walked into the École Polytechnique de Montréal, an engineering school affiliated with the Université de Montréal. There, he ordered the males to leave, then shot 14 women dead while screaming "I hate feminists." In addition to his killing of thirteen female students and one female university employee, Lépine injured eight other women and four men, before turning the gun on himself.

Weak mofos.