Author Topic: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera?  (Read 914 times)

acbaylove

Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera?
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2005, 02:56:27 AM »
Antonio, ^^  what are your thoughts?

I think everything should still start from the "real" muslims. Ok, you don't wanna officially separate yourself from people who are representing Islam in a bad way by creating two different branches of Islam, but at least i think you should condemn them. Strongly. Christians and Americans in particular can't stop them people, because they can only make them stronger. Only you can. If you all really want it. Do you?

acbaylove

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2005, 11:29:22 AM »
Wonderful NATO murdered tens of dozens of serbian journalists when they attacked the news offices in Belgrade, sickeningly this is ok in the name of "propaganda". In addition they have already attacked al jazeera buildings before.

Exactly.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2005, 05:58:01 PM »
But, to stay in-topic, it doesn't really affect the common people. Here it's legal to have an abortion, or to have a judicial separation. Here we all have free sex before we get married. Just to make some examples. Things that goes strongly against the Vatican's desire. It's not that they rule Italy, no way.

I don't get it.  Why even call yourself Catholics if ya'll don't even follow the Catholic church or follow the giudance and laws prescribed in the Bible? 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2005, 06:02:23 PM »

I think everything should still start from the "real" muslims. Ok, you don't wanna officially separate yourself from people who are representing Islam in a bad way by creating two different branches of Islam, but at least i think you should condemn them. Strongly. Christians and Americans in particular can't stop them people, because they can only make them stronger. Only you can. If you all really want it. Do you?

It depends on the situation.  I know many Christians would love for every Muslim's cause to be taking down and opposing other Muslims, but that's not the reality of the situation.  Most of these Muslim governments (including Saudi Arabia) were inserted into power by the West anyway.  They wouldn't last a day without the support of the Western powers.  So even if Muslims all gathered together and overthrew the Saudi government, the US, Isreal, and Britian would just install new puppets and stooges.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:06:54 PM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

acbaylove

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2005, 05:43:56 AM »
But, to stay in-topic, it doesn't really affect the common people. Here it's legal to have an abortion, or to have a judicial separation. Here we all have free sex before we get married. Just to make some examples. Things that goes strongly against the Vatican's desire. It's not that they rule Italy, no way.

I don't get it.  Why even call yourself Catholics if ya'll don't even follow the Catholic church or follow the giudance and laws prescribed in the Bible?

Good question.

acbaylove

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2005, 05:50:31 AM »

It depends on the situation.  I know many Christians would love for every Muslim's cause to be taking down and opposing other Muslims, but that's not the reality of the situation.  Most of these Muslim governments (including Saudi Arabia) were inserted into power by the West anyway.  They wouldn't last a day without the support of the Western powers.  So even if Muslims all gathered together and overthrew the Saudi government, the US, Isreal, and Britian would just install new puppets and stooges.

Ok, but it sounds like an excuse, to me. I mean you should do it no matter the consequence or the reason why things like that happens. It's like when Bush said God was with him and with the Americans, justifying the war against Iraq. The Pope basically slapped him, making it clear He was against every war, inclueded that one. Maybe one of your biggest problem, under this point of view, is that, if i understood it well, you have no Pope's. I mean for you it's not a pyramidal thing, with a leader who can speak for you all. So to separate yourself from those people gotta be harder.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2005, 03:32:07 PM »

Ok, but it sounds like an excuse, to me. I mean you should do it no matter the consequence or the reason why things like that happens. It's like when Bush said God was with him and with the Americans, justifying the war against Iraq. The Pope basically slapped him, making it clear He was against every war, inclueded that one. Maybe one of your biggest problem, under this point of view, is that, if i understood it well, you have no Pope's. I mean for you it's not a pyramidal thing, with a leader who can speak for you all. So to separate yourself from those people gotta be harder.

Good convo, I think we are getting closer to some kind of an understanding. 

Muslims used to have a figure called the "kalifa"[/i], who was like the Pope, in the regard that he was considered the central leader (Amir) of the Muslim world.  (But unlike the Pope in the fact that a kalifa is not a Holy figure, just a man who has been appointed to leadership, and given the great responsibility of attending to the affairs of the Muslim world)

The last official kalipha[/i] was named Abdul Hameed, and he was stationed in Istanbul, Turkey, and he was the leader of the Ottoman Empire.  The Ottoman Empire was the most powerful empire in the world in the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries, but they were ultimately brought down during World War 1.  Since then Muslims have not had a central authority.  There have been many grassroots movements, and even at one time Mullah Omar, the leader of the Taliban was said to have called himself the Amir of the Muslim world, because some felt Afganistan was the only Islamic state standing on it's own two feet without the dictates of outside powers.  Anyway, America invaded Afganistan in 2001 and the rest is history.  We really don't know about much about the Taliban.  And ofcourse we can't trust the major media outlets.  Afganistan still had many remote regions, and tribal customs, so not everyone in Afganistan was lock in step with the Taliban, but they did have a soveriegn government at one time.

Anyway, ou also have other small Muslim groups and organizations with little publicity, and without any official state backing who could be considered Amirs to some extent.  But like I said, nothing official like the kalipha's[/i] of the past.

btw, Currently, Iran is the only Muslim country left that can stand on it's own two feet without having to follow the dictates of an outside power.  And even Iran, just won their independance in 1979, and they are constantly being threatened by America and Isreal. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 04:17:27 PM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »

acbaylove

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 04:34:26 PM »
Thanx for your time, man. I've learned a lot from this conversation.

acbaylove

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2005, 05:02:43 PM »

Good question.

I'd like to back to this good question. I'll explain you how things work here in Italy, where i live. About 95% of the italian population has received the baptism (we receive it when we are about 3-4 months old); about 85% of the population in general consider himself a Christian. But we are in a big process of laicization. First we've Constitutionally removed the Christian Catholic religion as the Statal one (in 1984), making Italy 100% a lay State (like i told you). And now there's a big removing of the common people from the Churches. Till the late 50's, about 70% of our population used to go to the Church at least once a week. Now it's decreased to about 25%. Plus people in general ain't following the rules of the Church no more, like they should be. I told you about abortions, premarital sex, divorces, scientifical experiments over embryos, etc.. We've basically lost the faith. The #1 mission of the new Pope will be to restore our faith. The faith of European Christians in general. We gotta make this step, you know. We are in a transition period where just like 10-15% of Italians are really living like Christians. The world is going to the laical direction, and you muslims are scaring, under this point of view, cause you could even die for your religion. That's something so opposite to our lost of faith that is scaring, for most of us.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 05:04:16 PM by Antonio »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2005, 10:14:26 AM »
I still dont understand how such a dumb person is president of the USA.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2005, 02:00:22 PM »

its called confession, all you gotta do is tell the priest your sins and you will be forgiven!

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

acbaylove

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2005, 04:12:16 PM »
Mmmm.. it's not that easy, man. You are forgiven only if you are really repentant. And it implies that next week you shouldn't make the same sins. We basically call ourself Christians cause it's like a cultural tradition, you know. But we're very hypocrities, i admit it. I admire how muslims respect their rules.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2005, 04:52:23 PM »
Antonio, ^^ good explanation above about the Catholic situation in Italy, peace.