Author Topic: Religion?  (Read 547 times)

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

Religion?
« on: December 08, 2005, 12:36:28 AM »
When I was younger, my parents opened me up to religion.  My dad was hindu and my mom christian.  my dads mom is a hare krishna and ive been to her temple a whole lot.  I dont understand anything about hare krishna except they are vegetarians.  and hinduism not too much.  but since canada and the us were founded on christian beliefs(ie Christmas, easter being stats), ive been attending a christian church once in a while, listening to christain audios and praying to Jesus Christ.  anybody else experience this.

Im not saying being a christian is better but that is what i have chosen.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Religion?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 05:25:58 AM »
i'm kinda christian, i've not been baptised or anything but i sometimes talk to god and my mum in heaven, i goto church only once a year on christmas day but i'm not a great believer in the bible its a bit too contradictury i think you could find something in there to support whatever opinion you wanted, although over the centuries its provided good guidence for millions of people. but i like to believe we had a creator, i find the big bang theory is a bit far fetched like everything we got today all came from a big ball of gas. no one knows for sure what happenned and the creatist theory is the one thats sits best with me.....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 05:59:03 AM »
Conscious atheist

if I had to choose I'd say Buddhism is the least horrible religion.

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 08:00:08 AM »
Another conscious atheist right here. It's good to know christians are saying God will take care of me nevertheless ;)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 09:56:43 AM »
Catholic
dont go to church nemore though and im not all too religious but i have my times of spirituality.
in talkin bout creation the big bang theory does seem way highly unlikely and like in my physics teacher even said that it contradicts science as one of the main rules in physics is that things r suppose to go from being ordered to being less ordered and that just doesnt hold up to how ordered living things like us came to be from less organized things like all those chemicals.
i dount think any religions r horrible. its just the crazy extremists that get carried away like them suicide bombers or the psychos in the Crusades.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 10:15:25 AM »
Conscious atheist

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 10:45:26 AM »
Aha....lol @hinduism
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:49:03 AM »
I'm not religeous, I'm not athiest.  Athiest people believe that there can't be a god.  I just don't know, and I don't care. 

K A I N

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:50:48 AM »

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 04:17:30 PM »
I beleive in a God but I think religion has been one of the factors that makes human civilization one of the most violent. The concept of torture was created by religious people to convert non believers.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 05:36:47 PM »
I beleive in a God but I think religion has been one of the factors that makes human civilization one of the most violent. The concept of torture was created by religious people to convert non believers.

I don't get what you mean, "religion has been one of the factors that makes human civiliazation one of the most violent" I thought human civilization was the only civilization, not 'one of the'. 

My religious beliefs are that it's hard to know anything for sure, so I don't follow any particular religion.  I guess I would consider myself a christian in that I would want to be like Jesus Christ, although I don't try very hard.  I wasn't raised christian, I hardly ever went to church and they didn't talk about God much in my family.   Like many poor white people, there was just kind of an understood belief in God but it wasn't a big part of our life.

I think most religions are rooted in concepts of a huge force for good out there, and how you should try to be part of that force and choose that whenever you can.  Most people I've ever met (the vast, vast, VAST majority) are that way already in their souls.  I think people are born good, I think children and babies and such wouldn't hurt a fly until they start getting perverted by their own parents, sadly.  I think our natural state is to do good and want to help others, because I've never felt pleasure like I feel when I help somebody... so I think naturally, we are drawn to good... and good is synonomous with God.  I think nearly everyone, spiritually, in their soul, are religious in the sense that they strive for what's right and good.  That's most people's religion.  I don't believe anyone who isn't a christian is going to hell, because that seems unfair to me.  If it seems unfair to me, and I'm just a young child of god... how would it seem to him, all knowing?  By definition, God is the most fair entity in the universe (if he isn't... then someone else would be, and HE would be God)... so I can't understand (and maybe that's the problem) why people try to divide those of a different faith from themselves.

At the same time, if you take a guy like Jesus Christ, or the written account we have of him, he's flawless.  You cannot argue with 1 thing that Jesus ever said... so I can understand when people don't live by his teachings, or don't read about him, or don't follow him... I can understand that.... but when I see people mock him and publicly speak out against Jesus and his teachings, it really makes me wonder where their heart is.  You'll never see me mocking a buddhist! for instance, or a hindu for what they believe.  If people believe something good and think it helps their lives, more power to them.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 05:57:47 PM »

if I had to choose I'd say Buddhism is the least horrible religion.

No religion is horrible at it's essence. It's those that change it or add to it then pseudo-follow it that can be horrible.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 06:11:53 PM »
^^Trauma thats some real shit

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 08:33:54 PM »
Well I'l give it to ya religion does work for a lot of people in making them decent people but there's too many facts I cant ignore. And I consider humans animals. Any species's  populated areas i consider their "Civilizations".

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 08:36:01 PM »

I don't get what you mean, "religion has been one of the factors that makes human civiliazation one of the most violent" I thought human civilization was the only civilization, not 'one of the'. 

My religious beliefs are that it's hard to know anything for sure, so I don't follow any particular religion.  I guess I would consider myself a christian in that I would want to be like Jesus Christ, although I don't try very hard.  I wasn't raised christian, I hardly ever went to church and they didn't talk about God much in my family.   Like many poor white people, there was just kind of an understood belief in God but it wasn't a big part of our life.

I think most religions are rooted in concepts of a huge force for good out there, and how you should try to be part of that force and choose that whenever you can.  Most people I've ever met (the vast, vast, VAST majority) are that way already in their souls.  I think people are born good, I think children and babies and such wouldn't hurt a fly until they start getting perverted by their own parents, sadly.  I think our natural state is to do good and want to help others, because I've never felt pleasure like I feel when I help somebody... so I think naturally, we are drawn to good... and good is synonomous with God.  I think nearly everyone, spiritually, in their soul, are religious in the sense that they strive for what's right and good.  That's most people's religion.  I don't believe anyone who isn't a christian is going to hell, because that seems unfair to me.  If it seems unfair to me, and I'm just a young child of god... how would it seem to him, all knowing?  By definition, God is the most fair entity in the universe (if he isn't... then someone else would be, and HE would be God)... so I can't understand (and maybe that's the problem) why people try to divide those of a different faith from themselves.

At the same time, if you take a guy like Jesus Christ, or the written account we have of him, he's flawless.  You cannot argue with 1 thing that Jesus ever said... so I can understand when people don't live by his teachings, or don't read about him, or don't follow him... I can understand that.... but when I see people mock him and publicly speak out against Jesus and his teachings, it really makes me wonder where their heart is.  You'll never see me mocking a buddhist! for instance, or a hindu for what they believe.  If people believe something good and think it helps their lives, more power to them.

that's a dope read right now.  props.

religion as for me?  i'm catholic born and raised.  i don't claim this is the best religion or what not but i do know one thing, it's what i believe in
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?