Author Topic: Religion?  (Read 548 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Religion?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »
No religion is horrible at it's essence. It's those that change it or add to it then pseudo-follow it that can be horrible.
That's some real shit.
There is way too much money going into the church and less coming out of it. I've been exposed to the Eritrean Orthodox Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Roman Catholic Church and the Evangelical Lutheran Church. So I'd say I know a fair amount about the Christian religion in terms of concepts. I also know that it's a lot of these same churches that are driving people AWAY from Christianity instead of to it. That's why I can't claim any official religion. I do believe there is a God, a Christ, the basic readings of the bible. I haven't been to church aside form Easter and Christmas for the past 2 1/2 years, but I feel I should go back soon.  But everyone wants to interrupt things the way they want to see it. That's why I can't blindly or even without a few doubts, fallow any religion. Pastors are rich, Jesus portrayed as albino in 30. B.C., Pastors are touching kids, the church is teaching that if you don't fallow exactly what they believe then you automatically go to hell, mean while you got people killing other people in the name of religion and murdering innocent bystanders for there own belief. It all comes back to what Shallow said.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 04:51:48 AM »
I'm born and raised orthodox christian, i'm baptized and I go to church a couple of times a year.. Im quite religious

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 05:06:10 AM »

if I had to choose I'd say Buddhism is the least horrible religion.

No religion is horrible at it's essence. It's those that change it or add to it then pseudo-follow it that can be horrible.

And Buddhism got the least of that.

I don't know why everyone agrees with Trauma. People are fucking assholes, even children. I see that all the time. Hell even Trauma disses people on the board big time from time to time, so either his parents perverted him like he said, or he's just an asshole like everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 05:09:10 AM by 7™ »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ABN

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 05:31:47 AM »
i believe in God but i´m not religious coz most religions are just a bunch of BS anyway atleast IMO. but to each his own, i´m not gonna judge anyone just coz of what they believe in but i think there´s a higher power but i don´t think God has made up any rules for how we should live or anything like that(i just do whatever i feel is right regardless of what anyone else thinks). as long as everyone else respects my believes i don´t find a reason not to respect their believes. my grandparents are hella religious though so it´s hard for me to be me when i´m with them coz they were raised in a an enviroment like most religious people and that means whatever they believe in is right and anyone that disagrees with their religious believes is wrong end of discussion.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 12:02:35 PM »
i think there´s a higher power but i don´t think God has made up any rules for how we should live or anything like that(i just do whatever i feel is right regardless of what anyone else thinks).
So your a Deist?

coola

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 01:17:38 AM »
the best religion is Autolatry  ;)

ABN

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 07:04:17 AM »
i think there´s a higher power but i don´t think God has made up any rules for how we should live or anything like that(i just do whatever i feel is right regardless of what anyone else thinks).
So your a Deist?
Deist?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 09:45:55 AM »
When I was younger, my parents opened me up to religion.  My dad was hindu and my mom christian.  my dads mom is a hare krishna and ive been to her temple a whole lot.  I dont understand anything about hare krishna except they are vegetarians.  and hinduism not too much.  but since canada and the us were founded on christian beliefs(ie Christmas, easter being stats), ive been attending a christian church once in a while, listening to christain audios and praying to Jesus Christ.  anybody else experience this.

Im not saying being a christian is better but that is what i have chosen.

I've experienced some of it, I was raised Christian, I used to try to pray to Jesus back when I was growing up.  It never did me any good, nor did it offer me any giudance.  Only when you put the Creator in his proper position can all your affairs be put into order.  As long as you are worshipping created things such as humans, stones, statue's, you will never be on right giudance.  Any man who was created, who has to follow the laws of the created things (eats when he's hungry, uses the restroom, etc.) is not worthy of our worship. 

We should only worship the highest power, the most high, that which created the worlds and everything in them.  The name for the Creator in English is God and in Arabic is Allah.  After highschool I began worshipping God alone, which is the foundation of the religion of Islam, sumbmission to God.  This was the way given to all of the prophets since the begining of time.  Religion has always been one.  Worship God alone, and do righteous good deeds.  This is what all the Prophets taught, Adam, Noah, Joseph, Moses, and many prophets sent to all people and nations we don't even have stories about.  Jesus was also a Prophet and a submitter to God, he prayed to God, and supplicated to God in times of need. 

Then, some 2 hundred years after Jesus died, Paul claimed he saw a vision while riding his horse in Damascus.  And in that vision he saw that Jesus was God, and they tried to divide God into three.  Constantine accepted this creed, and used his political authority, and today you have Christians worshipping Jesus as a God, or father, son, holy ghost, and so on and so forth.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 09:56:57 AM »
good read from trauma, despite wether he believes it or not, which i really dont care.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 09:57:26 AM »
I beleive in a God but I think religion has been one of the factors that makes human civilization one of the most violent. The concept of torture was created by religious people to convert non believers.

I think most religions are rooted in concepts of a huge force for good out there, and how you should try to be part of that force and choose that whenever you can.  Most people I've ever met (the vast, vast, VAST majority) are that way already in their souls.  I think people are born good, I think children and babies and such wouldn't hurt a fly until they start getting perverted by their own parents, sadly.  I think our natural state is to do good and want to help others, because I've never felt pleasure like I feel when I help somebody... so I think naturally, we are drawn to good... and good is synonomous with God.  I think nearly everyone, spiritually, in their soul, are religious in the sense that they strive for what's right and good.  That's most people's religion.  I don't believe anyone who isn't a christian is going to hell, because that seems unfair to me.  If it seems unfair to me, and I'm just a young child of god... how would it seem to him, all knowing?  By definition, God is the most fair entity in the universe (if he isn't... then someone else would be, and HE would be God)... so I can't understand (and maybe that's the problem) why people try to divide those of a different faith from themselves.

At the same time, if you take a guy like Jesus Christ, or the written account we have of him, he's flawless.  You cannot argue with 1 thing that Jesus ever said... so I can understand when people don't live by his teachings, or don't read about him, or don't follow him... I can understand that.... but when I see people mock him and publicly speak out against Jesus and his teachings, it really makes me wonder where their heart is.  You'll never see me mocking a buddhist! for instance, or a hindu for what they believe.  If people believe something good and think it helps their lives, more power to them.

I always thought you were a Christian, and I know at one time you said you were a Mormon in the Church of Latter Day Saints.  But what you said above sounds more like an Islamic perspective than anything else.

Christianity teaches us that babies are born corrupt, born into sin, and that they have to be baptized to be saved, and so on, the whole origional sin concept.  But God teaches in the Qu'ran, that like you said above, all humans are born innocent, they are born with a natural inclination to do good, and that it is actually society and environment that can lead them astray and lead them to reject God.  Which is what you said above.

As far as Jesus, Muslims love Jesus, and follow his example as he is a Prophet, and he was inspired by God.   But we do not worship Jesus, because he was only a man, he was a created thing, and Muslims only worship the Creator.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J Bananas

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 01:31:30 PM »
What if we weren't born with any inclination to do shit. That might explain why there's so many lazy fucks on earth.

Birch Barlow

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 07:43:47 PM »
Christian since birth.

ftl

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 11:03:39 AM »
what do you think shallow?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 12:27:51 PM »
Agnostic  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic
Isn't that more of a philosphy the religon?
Your the first Eitrean I heard that has this POV/religon.