Author Topic: 25 Years since John Lennon passed on  (Read 467 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: 25 Years since John Lennon passed on
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 07:10:52 AM »
i've never heard any of his music OR any beetles music except for maybe 1 or 2 songs but i do have a feeling that i'm missing out on something great. i wanted to know if any of you guys could hook up some albums, articles, interviews, books, etc. about him/the beetles...i would really appreciate it.

Rest In Peace.

You've almost certainly heard more than one or two songs, you just don't realize. I'll hook up a few songs in a couple days.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 08:00:57 AM »
A little "Best of" the Beatles I put together:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KIITGXUC94OZ2W7IS161GLM46

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 08:50:02 AM »
^^ curious what you consider their "best" stuff, I´ll d/l that

and John was undoubtedly a great artists and while I think it´s not fair to reduce his character to that of an asshole, there were certainly asshole sides to him and he did a lot of asshole stuff...from starting bar fights to neglecting his son to writing subliminally anti-Semitic lyrics (at least they were viewed upon as such by many serious critics). He might have been changing for the better as he was getting older, but he definitely wasn´t just the shining apostle of peace people tend to make him out to be

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 09:27:34 AM »
but he definitely wasn´t just the shining apostle of peace people tend to make him out to be

Of course he wasn't. Nio one is perfect, or even remotely close. John was a pretty complicated guy from what i've read, so who knows what kinda stuff was running through his head when people are thinking hes just being a simple asshole, so its definately not fair to just give him that label.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 10:22:55 AM »
mike jones is a better songwriter

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 03:09:04 PM »
Upping. Any feedback on the Best of I posted?

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 04:45:56 PM »
^^ I´ll tell you tomorrow. If you´re looking to bump your karma, here´s a prop :P

but he definitely wasn´t just the shining apostle of peace people tend to make him out to be

Of course he wasn't. Nio one is perfect, or even remotely close. John was a pretty complicated guy from what i've read, so who knows what kinda stuff was running through his head when people are thinking hes just being a simple asshole, so its definately not fair to just give him that label.
sure, there are just a lot of people who don´t know about his asshole side and John´s asshole side wasn´t a marginality. But I said it myself, it´s unfair and simplistic to say he was MERELY an asshole as a person

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 05:31:41 PM »
RIP

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »
i've never heard any of his music OR any beetles music except for maybe 1 or 2 songs but i do have a feeling that i'm missing out on something great. i wanted to know if any of you guys could hook up some albums, articles, interviews, books, etc. about him/the beetles...i would really appreciate it.

Rest In Peace.

You've almost certainly heard more than one or two songs, you just don't realize. I'll hook up a few songs in a couple days.

i was talkin to my friend about it the other day and he said the same thing...i've heard yellow submarine and that she loves me song directly by the beetles, but im sure there are songs out there i've heard, im def gna peep the best of u put up, props on that ahead of time

is it true that michael jackson owns a lot of Beetles publishing? i've heard that from a couple places but have never gotten the full scoop.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Slug

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 07:02:05 AM »
never heard his music but rip

my dad was actually in jail with Mark David Chapman his killer there cells were right next to each other

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 07:19:26 AM »

Rest In Peace.

Basically.  And I'm serious.  ANYTHING BY THE BEATLES.  Anything.  It's all quality.  Every album is great.  Every interview is great. I'm serious, they are not to be fucked with on any level by any other band.  Greatest band of all time. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 07:23:26 AM »
Nowt to cry about lads. He was an amazing artists but a prick of the highest order. Couldn't give two shits if he died then or was a stupid old acid head still knocking about today.

He was a prick in his early years, but even then he wasn't just an all out asshole.  He beat his first wife and abandoned their son to get with Yoko Ono.  He never beat Yoko, anybody who believes that is crazy.  

By 1975 or so he was mellowing out.  When Yoko took him back (76?) he spent 4 years at home with his son Sean.  He was a totally different guy.

Politically I don't agree with him much, but his ideas had merit, and I think his music has bought one hell of a lot of love to the world, which is of course good.  It's a huge tragedy, a dog doesn't deserve to die like that.  John never hurt a fly with the exception of his wife and his son, but how many men walking the planet today have done the same thing.  I don't think any of them need to die for it.  I absolutely cannot stand people like Madonna and Sean Penn and such because of their politics, but I would never want any of them to get hurt or much less shot, that's disgusting.  

My personal opinion about John is that God missed him so much he brought him home REALLY EARLY.  LOL.  

Throwback

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 10:21:12 AM »
here comes the sun is my favorite beatles song. you should check it out.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 01:45:26 PM »
just like anyone else - he is more of a legend because he was taken early.

that's why McCartney hates him - bcoz Lennon is more of a Legend bcoz he is dead.

still tho... R.I.P.
NO MORE WAR

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 07:45:43 PM »
Since when does Paul McCartney hate John?

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind