Author Topic: Eminem Back with Kim  (Read 529 times)

W.S._PoRkS310

• Lil Geezy
Eminem Back with Kim
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:43:29 PM »
Nothing like a few death threats, suicide attempts, court fights and addiction battles to stoke the old flames.

ADVERTISEMENT

Just ask Eminem, who just made the bombshell announcement that he and his troubled ex-wife are back together.

The 33-year-old rap superstar, fresh off a month in rehab to kick an addiction to sleeping pills, was apparently dead serious Tuesday, when he told a radio station in his native Detroit that he and Kim Mathers, 30, "have reconciled and are probably going to remarry."

Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, made the remarks during an exclusive interview on the Mojo in the Morning Show on Detroit's WKQI-FM, according to the Associated Press.

He and high school sweetheart Kim had a daughter in 1995. They married in 1999 and their divorce was finalized in 2001 and there was plenty of drama in between.

On his breakout 2000 album, The Slim Shady LP, the rapper included one particularly poisonous track called "Kim," in which he rhymed about killing his missus.

Their marital woes worsened to the point that she tried to commit suicide in the couple's suburban Detroit home later that year.

Within months, Eminem initiated divorce proceedings, prompting Kim Mathers to fire back with a lawsuit seeking her share of his estate and an extra $10 million for the emotional distress caused by "Kim." The two reconciled briefly in December 2000, declaring their intention to try and work things out for the sake of daughter Hailie Jade.

By the following March, it was Kim's turn to filed for an expedited divorce, initiating a bitter custody battle that would end with the rapper agreeing to give her physical custody of their child and financial support.

Not long after the paperwork became final, Kim Mathers began her very public meltdown.

She was busted for cocaine possession during a routine traffic stop. She eventually pleading guilty to a drug charge and a driving offense and was sentenced to two years of probation. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors also dropped separate charges accusing her of maintaining a drug den.

After Mathers later went AWOL, skipping out on two separate court dates, a judge awarded Eminem full custody of Hailie Jade.

During the Tuesday's interview, Emimen opened about his own experience with addiction, which he recently chronicled in the video for his latest single, "When I'm Gone."

"When I went into rehab, I kind of went into it...with the notion of 'I'm gonna get clean, I'm gonna get off this stuff before it gets too out of hand,' " he told the morning show.

He entered treatment following the lengthy Anger Management 3 trek, a road trip that was marred by a tour bus accident that left crew members injured and resulted in a lawsuit targeting the rapper, even though he wasn't directly involved. After the close of the North American tour in Detroit, Eminem canceled the European leg, citing exhaustion.

The difficult summer spurred speculation that Eminem would retire following the release of his greatest hits collection, Curtain Call, which hit stores Tuesday, to focus on producing other hip-hop artists.

"I'm at a point in my life right now where I feel like I don't know where my career is going," he said Tuesday. "This is the reason that we called it Curtain Call, because this could be the final thing. We don't know."

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem Back with Kim
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »
Fuck yea...we'll get to hear more awesome songs  :P

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 08:55:58 PM »
On his breakout 2000 album, The Slim Shady LP, the rapper included one particularly poisonous track called "Kim," in which he rhymed about killing his missus.

they could atleast report the shit right
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 09:23:30 PM »
How is this hard to believe?  People don't just fall out of love.  they're either in love, or they never were to begin with.  Marshall and Kim were obviously in love so here they are again acting like the fools that love shows you out to be.  I've been in love before and done stupid shit, they're doing stupid shit too, it's what happens. 

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 09:25:16 PM »
hopefully he gets this shit all sorted out, so he can focus on getting high and making good music again.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 09:32:19 PM »
hopefully he gets this shit all sorted out, so he can focus on getting high and making good music again.

i think thats what he went to rehab for lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 12:08:35 AM »
Its cheapa to keep her.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 12:13:16 AM »
I give this 6 months
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 05:04:31 AM »
What a dumbass

ABN

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 05:14:35 AM »
anyone remember when he said that he rather be locked in a plane with the Backstreet Boys then get married again? he also said he´d rather give birth to a kid thru his penis then get married again so obviously he wouldn´t mind spending a lil quality time with BSB or squeezing a kid outta his dick ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 05:45:35 AM »
LoL would be kinda sad if Kim rejects him after that When Im Gone video. That was probably the realest shit he's ever spoke.  :(
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 09:41:19 AM »
I'm fuckin tired of him doing all these songs about his kid and his wife.  The Kim shit was interesting the first time i heard it back in 98, but its played the fuck out now. 

As for Em talking about he doesn't know where his career is going, that is obvious.  He needs to give up rapping if he ain't hungry no more.  He's getting WACK.

Eihtball

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 10:00:19 AM »
Hey, Jerome, in that song quoted in your sig, Jeru says, "Unplug it on chumps with the gangsta BABBLE", not "rattle".

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 01:47:44 PM »
NO MORE WAR

Miuzi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 02:07:48 AM »
Publicity, so he can promote hisnew album