Author Topic: does Jay-Z own the New Jersey Nets?  (Read 444 times)

$do11a biLL$

does Jay-Z own the New Jersey Nets?
« on: December 10, 2005, 10:19:21 AM »
I've been hearing that hes going to buy the franchise or something for like 2 years now.. and one of my friends keeps trying to convince me that he already owns them... is it true?

Throwback

Re: does Jay-Z own the New Jersey Nets?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 10:20:05 AM »
he did it a few months ago i believe. he wanted to bring em to his old hood.

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 10:21:28 AM »
Yes, They Are Moving To Brooklyn Soon

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 10:32:42 AM »
I think he owns like 15 or 20% of the franchise.  I know him and some business partners bought the Nets about a year or so ago and were planning to move the team to Brooklyn.  Jigga was at the Nets vs Cavs game lastnight with Beyonce.

ABN

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 10:38:21 AM »
I think he owns like 15 or 20% of the franchise.  I know him and some business partners bought the Nets about a year or so ago and were planning to move the team to Brooklyn.  Jigga was at the Nets vs Cavs game lastnight with Beyonce.
naw Jay owns like 3% of the franchise so he needs to shut the fuck up with making dumb ass comments like "i own the Nets baby".

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 11:27:06 AM »
naw Jay owns like 3% of the franchise so he needs to shut the fuck up with making dumb ass comments like "i own the Nets baby".
Where did you see that he only owns 3%?     And he owns part of the nets plus he runs Def Jam ect. Im pretty sure JayZ can make whatever comments he wants.  You seem pretty upset that he said "I own the Nets baby" :-\  Whats up with that?

ABN

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 11:32:41 AM »
Where did you see that he only owns 3%?     And he owns part of the nets plus he runs Def Jam ect. Im pretty sure JayZ can make whatever comments he wants.  You seem pretty upset that he said "I own the Nets baby" :-\  Whats up with that?
there was an article on it(on Daveyd.com a looong time ago)and they listed how much of the club everyone owned. i´m not upset but it´s just funny to hear him say that he owns a club that he has no control over tryin to fool peeps that he´s actually the majority owner. and he runs Def Jam? yea the only thing he´s done good with is putting out flops so yea.......

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 01:44:20 PM »
i thought he "owned" them - i guess not.
NO MORE WAR

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 07:00:33 PM »
yeah, Jay owns 3%, he sits on the "board" of the Nets which is like 10 people.. so if you look at he owns 3%, he's probably got the smallest percentage of the club
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

K A I N

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 07:06:26 PM »
JayZ better get off his high camel  ;D Beyonce disgusts me w/o makeup.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 02:04:03 AM »
I always had the impression that Jay didn't personally own much, but the company he formed with those business partenrs of his (who they are, I don't know) owns a good slice. So no, he doesn't personally own the Jets, but his company does, as far as I know.