Author Topic: Whites vs Arabs!!!!!! Race riots rock Australia  (Read 756 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Whites vs Arabs!!!!!! Race riots rock Australia
« on: December 12, 2005, 03:39:38 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178405,00.html

Race Riots Engulf Sydney
Monday, December 12, 2005

SYDNEY, Australia — In one of Australia's worst outbursts of racial violence, thousands of drunken white youths attacked police and people they believed were of Arab descent at a Sydney beach, angered by reports that Lebanese youths had assaulted two lifeguards.

Young men of Arab descent retaliated in several Sydney suburbs, fighting with police and smashing 40 cars with sticks and bats, police said. Thirty-one people were injured and 16 were arrested in hours of violence Sunday.

The city was calm Monday, and police formed a strike force to track down the instigators, some of whom were believed to be from white supremacist groups. Police said they were also seeking an Arab man who allegedly stabbed a white man in the back.

Prime Minister John Howard condemned the violence, but said he did not believe racism was widespread in Australia.

"Attacking people on the basis of their race, their appearance, their ethnicity, is totally unacceptable and should be repudiated by all Australians irrespective of their own background and their politics," Howard said.

But he added: "I'm not going to put a general tag [of] racism on the Australian community."

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTSAdvertise Here

Australia has long prided itself on accepting wave after wave of immigrants — from Italians and Greeks after World War II to families fleeing political strife in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. In the last census in 2001, nearly a quarter of Australia's 20 million people said they were born overseas.

However, tensions between youngsters of Arabic descent and Australians of European origin have been rising in recent years, largely because of anti-Muslim sentiment fueled by the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks in the United States and deadly bombings on the Indonesian island of Bali that killed 88 Australians in October 2002.

About 300,000 Muslims and Arabs live in Australia, the majority in large cities.

"Arab Australians have had to cope with vilification, racism, abuse and fear of a racial backlash for a number of years, but these riots will take that fear to a new level," said Roland Jabbour, chairman of the Australian Arabic Council.

The riots apparently began after rumors circulated that youths of Lebanese descent were responsible for an attack last weekend on two lifeguards at Cronulla Beach. Police said the assault was not believed to be racially motivated.

Police had increased the number of officers patrolling the beach in the Sydney suburb on Sunday after cell phone text messages urged people to gather there to retaliate for the attack.

Police said more than 5,000 white youths, some wrapped in Australian flags and chanting racist slurs, fought with police, attacked people they believed to be of Arab descent and assaulted a pair of paramedics trying to help people escape the riot.

Police fought back with batons and pepper spray.

Many of the youths had been drinking heavily, police said.

One white teenager had the words "We grew here, you flew here" painted on his back. Someone had written "100 percent Aussie pride" in the sand. TV broadcasts showed a group of young women attacking another woman, whose ethnicity was not clear.

The violence shocked this city of 4 million, which prides itself on being a cultural melting pot.

"What we have seen yesterday is something I thought I would never see in Australia and perhaps we have not seen in Australia in any of our life times and that is a mass call to violence based on race," Community Relations Commission chairman Stepan Kerkyasharian told Sky News.

"Our disgrace," said a front page headline in Sydney's Daily Telegraph. Below was a picture of white youths attacking a man who appeared to be of Arab descent on a train in Cronulla.

Keysar Trad, a prominent member of Sydney's Lebanese community, said he had spoken to one victim who was released from the hospital Monday and was urging for calm.

"He doesn't want any retaliation by anybody from a Middle Eastern background," Trad said. "He wants everyone to allow the rule of law to take its course, leave it to the police and he said he holds no grudges against anyone."

Morris Iemma, the premier of New South Wales state, said police would use video images and photographs to track down the instigators.

"Let's be very clear, the police will be unrelenting in their fight against these thugs and hooligans," he said.

Cronulla, one of the few beaches in Sydney that is easily accessible by train, is often visited by youngsters from poorer suburbs, many of them of Arab descent. Residents accuse the youths of traveling in gangs and sometimes intimidating other beachgoers.

Cronulla is several miles south of iconic Sydney beaches like Bondi and is not a popular destination for foreign tourists.

Aborigines rioted in the Sydney neighborhood of Redfern in February 2004 after blaming police for the death of a 17-year-old boy. Forty police were wounded, eight of them hospitalized, in a nine-hour street battle with

J Bananas

Re: Whites vs Arabs!!!!!! Race riots rock Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »
go white team?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 03:56:35 PM »
go white team?

I don't know if you just intended to make a BS post as usual or if you really did it intentionally, but that was a good comment. People are treating stuff like this like we are supposed to treat sport game issues. They're routing for "their team", no matter which team plays better or deserves the win more and all, blaming the refs although they weren't the ones to blame, and dissing fans of the opposing team just out of spite.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:01:20 PM »
^^^
yeah u got it. its the same thing with rappers beefin, we treat it like sports, fuckin stupid. btw i usually do have a valid point it usually just lies hidden in my obsecene remarks.

coola

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
man theres this fat cop on tv that was fighting off like 20 cunts... he's a modern age jedi with those police batons...

but all this is bullshit, yeah there are groups of lebo's that fuck shit up, they rape women that dress revealing, and they bashed 2 innocent volunteer life guards... but that doesnt mean go out and mob every brown skinned chump they see on the street... australia is a racist country, i dont give a fuck what howard says... theres plenty red necks here, and just plain dumbass cunts... i hate 60% of australians...

Eihtball

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 04:22:43 PM »
its the same thing with rappers beefin, we treat it like sports, fuckin stupid.

That's not too much of a problem unless it turns violent...which it usually does, so in that case, then yeah, it's pretty stupid.

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 04:49:12 PM »
yeah, this shit is gettin crazy, i got friends livin in Sydney lookin to get out if it starts heading their way

a lebanese gang & a white gang have had a beef going for years, then recently the lebanese guys beat up 2 lifeguards at a beach, then at a surf club stabbed a guy who looked like someone they have beef with and put him in ICU .. for ages the lebanese guys have been going around beatin people up, rapin women etc as said before and people have just had enough basically. 2 nights ago you had a bunch of white people going through the streets and going after the lebanese guys first, til other lebanese people started jumping in, then more white people jumped in etc.. which has turned it into this

then last night, you had like 2-300 lebanese/muslim people around a mosque chanting "god is great" and they had shit like molotof cocktails ready to go, they stormed to the beach and were met by a FORCE of white people, and now you got all these white people like bikies from  rival gangs teaming up (white is a feat in itself man, think crips & bloods hugging each other), and saying they're sick of all this shit, women being raped etc, people being beat up.. suburbs in sydney are being TRASHED, this shit is gonna get crazy
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 05:15:38 PM »
I find it amusing that the media have played this up as though its something so unexpected from that area. I've been to Cronulla a few times and i've met quite a few locals there that pride themselves for living in one of the only places left in Sydney's suburbs that is white Australian and with this mentality it was only a matter of time.

I remember last year i was in Darlinghurst, the next suburb over from Redfern, when the Aboriginies were rioting against whites, now a year later whites are rioting against Middle Easterners. We have a diverse cultural background in Australia and as a consequence racial tension is always high and in some parts of Aust it is a lot worse than others, no matter how the government trys to downplay it. Which is the main reason why i hope there won't be a terrorist attack here, because i think shit will really hit the fan worse than any other country has seen it before.

It was disgraceful but the riots haven't "taken it to a new level"...the international events of the past few years took it to a new level.

In sight of all this, Cronulla is actually quite a nice place. Good beaches, nice nightlife with the surrounding areas, nice looking broads..i can't really hate on it because of an isolated incident.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 07:52:22 PM »
SURFERS GONE WILD !!!!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 08:25:26 PM »
they'll probably make a game out of it; grand theft auto: cronulla beach
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

eNgIeS

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 10:47:18 PM »
What people from other countries wont realize is this is more than just a 2 weeks build up...this shits been brewin for a good decade... alot euro/arab nationalitys have a group (not a majority but a fair chunk) of young males & girls who say "im lebanese/greek/italian not a fuckin aussie/skip/skegga" & forming intimidating gangs & starting fights for no reason, or gang raping aussie girls or abusing them verbally & physically. Alot of them hate our country. I want those ones beat up

& thats what the original plan was, however, as the media blew up the story, many redneck neo nazi groups organized to come down. They came down from other area's for it, & with them & alcohol influencing other non-racist whites it turned into a beat any leb/wog/arab day it seemed

The retaliation from gangs has been much worse

What there community leaders need to acknowledge & accept is there is a large number of younger ppl from that culture that do cause trouble & have helped build up this anger & generalization of "wogs, turks, lebs & arabs"

The Predator

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 11:17:19 PM »
man theres this fat cop on tv that was fighting off like 20 cunts... he's a modern age jedi with those police batons...

haha

I think i see that same fat angry cop on the news lashing out with his billy club like he in a Braveheart battle scene.

Rain

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 02:02:36 AM »
As an Australian and as a Sydneysider these incidents have been an absolute disgrace. I've never been more ashamed to be Australian. There has been some disgraceful stories coming out of the area. There was rumours a Lebanese gang was coming down by train so a white gang went to the train station only to confront and almost kill two Lebanese youth on their way home. Other stories of people ripping head scarfs off muslim women.

To quote The Herd,
"can't understand how the very word Australian has just been damned
I fuckin' hate myself, take Aussie from my name....
If this is how it's going to be don't call me true blue
Wake up, this country needs a fuckin shake up
Wake up, these cunts need a shake up."
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

coola

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 04:26:26 AM »
they'll probably make a game out of it; grand theft auto: cronulla beach

LOL

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 06:11:41 AM »
there are lebanese gangs in australia ? I'm so proud ::)
but seriously if u move into a country u should try and integrate the population (not saying u should forget ur roots) and by doing the things they're doing (we're not australians , lebanese gangs blah blah blah) they're creating a lot of friction.So it's they're fault in that sense
but at the same time there are a lot of innocents paying the price.
what ppl need to do is calm the fuck down ,and start a sensible dialogue where they determine the problem and figure out how to....oh wait this is australians we're talking about