Author Topic: Are you ready for Thought Crimes????  (Read 253 times)

Kal EL

Are you ready for Thought Crimes????
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:17:15 AM »
get ready thought crimes are up next in the west.

Woman Who Disagreed With Gay Adoption Gets Call From Police

Cambridge Evening News | December 13 2005

AN AUTHOR has defended her right to free speech after expressing her views on gay adoption.

Lynette Burrows, of Hills Road, Cambridge, was shocked when she was told her opinion could have been homophobic. She spoke to the police on Friday and said the call was "sinister" and as if Britain was a police state.

The author of Fight for the Family was discussing civil partnerships for gay couples on Radio Five Live. Regarding gay adoption, she said a girl would not be placed for adoption with two heterosexual men.

She said: "Nobody trusts men with girls but they will give a little boy to two homosexuals, which is madness."

After the broadcast, police in London received a complaint from a member of the public, and a policewoman contacted Mrs Burrows.

Mrs Burrows said: "She said to me a homophobic incident had been registered against me. She admitted it wasn't against the law so I said 'why are you wasting my time?'

"She said it was their policy to investigate remarks considered to be homophobic. I was expressing a perfectly standard opinion on matters of public interest. It is a sinister thing if police are forming their own policy regardless of the law."

Mrs Burrows added: "I think the issue of gay adoption is something which ought to be spoken about. The idea of telling you you can't talk about it is so repressive, it's like the KGB calling you up."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said homophobic, racist and domestic incidents were "priority crimes".

He said: "It is standard practice for all parties to be spoken to, even if the incident is not strictly seen as a crime."

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Are you ready for Thought Crimes????
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »
The freedom of someone ends when his "freedom" limits the freedom of somebody else, like when he steals from someone or murders someone.
In consequence you are free to believe anything you want. I consider myself a true liberal and I accept everybody's opinion. Not that I agree with it, or find it wise, but I won't do anything against it except for expressing my own views.

I truly think people should be allowed to think whatever the fuck they want. That includes racists and nazis, psychos and lunatics. As long as they hurt noone, let them think what they want.

A thought police is one of the worst scenarios I can imagine. Having to pay a fine or going to jail for opinions on gays, the govt, religion etc is completely insane for democratic standards. Nuts.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kal EL

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 09:39:56 AM »
the sad thing is that here in the States many people don't understand that. there are people that think that tolerance means that I cannot voice my opinion if it offends someone. they do not see the Totalitarianism in that kind of policy. pretty soon it would be that you cannot voice an differing opinion about the gov't. many countries have that case in point, China amd North Korea just to name a few.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »
The thing with tolerance can go in endless circles. Like, if you don't tolerate intolerant persons, you're intolerant yourself, aight?

Ever since 9/11 the US govt is definitely heading towards a totalitarian regime, with policies like the patriot act for example. The name "patriot act" also illustrates the strategy to make people who question those totalitarian policies look unpatriotic, look like people who should leave the country, "love it or leave it".

This can be very dangerous.
No, it's not a sin

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:49:59 AM »
i have read about pre nazi Germany when Hitler started to get things moving and the similarities are lets just say STARTLING.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 09:54:45 AM »
Take it from a German, never questioning your government and blindly accepting everything can end unpretty.  :-X
Cheating for the overall majority first, restriction of the press and free speech next; going to war also. Sounds familiar. What's next? eugenics?
No, it's not a sin

Kal EL

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 10:27:30 AM »
Actually the woman that created Planned Parenthood was a firm Nazi supporter and believed in Eugenics. Margret Sanger was her name. She was a strong proponent of population control. Most of their facilities are in urban(black/latino) neighborhoods.
here are some of her quotes

“(It) makes possible the spread of scientific knowledge of the elements of sound breeding. It makes possible the creation of a new race; a new generation brought into this world consciously conceived. It makes possible the breeding out of human weeds-the defective and criminal classes-(and) the breeding in of the clean, strong and fit instruments to carry the torch of human destiny.”

On October 19, 1939, Sanger outlined a plan for stopping the growth
of the Black community. She predicted that "the most successful
educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We
do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro
population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that
idea if it ever occurs to any of their rebellious members.
"

FYI the one of the heads of planned parenthood now is a black woman.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 10:33:50 AM »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 10:40:16 AM »
This year in Alberta this somewhat high profile Catholic official got in some major trouble over talking against same sex marriage because some sons of bitches complained to the human rights department. And in British Columbia some  guys got fined for refusing to rent out their hall for a lesbian wedding.

We got this up in Canada too, it's bloody ridiculous.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 02:41:26 PM »
The thing with tolerance can go in endless circles. Like, if you don't tolerate intolerant persons, you're intolerant yourself, aight?

Ever since 9/11 the US govt is definitely heading towards a totalitarian regime, with policies like the patriot act for example. The name "patriot act" also illustrates the strategy to make people who question those totalitarian policies look unpatriotic, look like people who should leave the country, "love it or leave it".

This makes no sense. Re-read the article that was posted. In today's society, the intolerance and "thought police" mentaltity comes from liberals, not conservatives like Goerge W. Bush. As the article stated, liberals are trying to criminalize views that they don't like, such as people who disagree with gay marriage. Stuff like that happens all the time in America. On college campuses, conservative speakers are always being attacked and shouted down by liberals students who don't like their views and don't want them to be heard. Liberals are the problem, not conservatives.

President Bush and the rest of us conservatives don't try and censor anyone. There is nothing intolerant about the Patriot Act. I think you need to stop reading left wing German newspapers and broaden your knowledge a little bit.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 02:44:10 PM »
You're a tool dawg, this post was a response to lazies response to mine. My first post was about the article, and all my posts in this thread are awesome. You shouldnt try to refute them, but learn from them, that would be much more of a benefit for you, son.
No, it's not a sin

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 07:25:47 PM »
As the article stated, liberals are trying to criminalize views that they don't like, such as people who disagree with gay marriage.

i don't care about or support gay marriage, or liberals, but it is the conservatives that are trying to criminalize gay marriage itself.  it's the conservatives that have used the fcc to crack down on both language and sexuality in the media through fines...both sides have their hands dirty here.

On college campuses, conservative speakers are always being attacked and shouted down by liberals students who don't like their views and don't want them to be heard.

conservatives (like george bush and dick cheney) are the ones that screen their audiences and filter out dissenters.  there have been examples of pro-war activists/demonstrators assaulting their anti-war counterparts.  including women and children.  this sort of anecdotal evidence you are relying on cuts both ways.

Liberals are the problem, not conservatives.

both liberals and conservatives are the problem.  liberals & conservatives both want to use government to force their views down everyone's throats. 

President Bush and the rest of us conservatives don't try and censor anyone.

how can you say that with a straight face?  not only does the bush regime censor dissenters and the media, they've employed propaganda tactics to further manipulate the media in order to advance their own ends. 

There is nothing intolerant about the Patriot Act.

intolerant is a bad word to use here, the patriot act easily infringes on the civil rights of citizens, especially those that are suspected to be criminals or terrorists.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 07:31:57 PM »
Liberals are the problem, not conservatives.

both liberals and conservatives are the problem.  liberals & conservatives both want to use government to force their views down everyone's throats. 

President Bush and the rest of us conservatives don't try and censor anyone.

how can you say that with a straight face?  not only does the bush regime censor dissenters and the media, they've employed propaganda tactics to further manipulate the media in order to advance their own ends. 
Both those staments are so true it's not even funny.

CWalker why are you so myopic?

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 07:32:57 PM »

This makes no sense. Re-read the article that was posted. In today's society, the intolerance and "thought police" mentaltity comes from liberals, not conservatives like Goerge W. Bush. As the article stated, liberals are trying to criminalize views that they don't like, such as people who disagree with gay marriage. Stuff like that happens all the time in America. On college campuses, conservative speakers are always being attacked and shouted down by liberals students who don't like their views and don't want them to be heard. Liberals are the problem, not conservatives.

President Bush and the rest of us conservatives don't try and censor anyone. There is nothing intolerant about the Patriot Act. I think you need to stop reading left wing German newspapers and broaden your knowledge a little bit.

smh @ all the people that try too hard to stick up for Bush