Author Topic: Your Thoughts ON MP3 and other types of music?  (Read 162 times)

Hambone (Guest)

Your Thoughts ON MP3 and other types of music?
« on: April 25, 2001, 03:14:20 PM »
what are ya'lls feelin on this topic like napster and burnin and rippin CD's?

I know DRe doesnt like it......

but in my opinion..i think it is good...for local rappers to put out something..so they can get a buzz...shit even someone like DR. Dre

cause...i hate it when the local station..doesnt play real hip hop songs....if they put it out on the web..for peeps to check out....it will create a even bigger buzz..in my opinion.....the record companies already get enough money off of us when we buy the damn CD.....i would pay like a dollar to cop a new dre single....maybe......

what are your thouhts on mp3 music..and napster like sites?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Mr_Loc

Re: Your Thoughts ON MP3 and other types of music?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2001, 03:28:03 PM »
its the best and worst thing to ever happen to the music industry in my opinion. Like you said its great to get hard-to-find songs or tracks from new artists you cant buy in stores, but I think a lot of people are taking it too far and downloading full albums, taking money out of the artists pocket. Okay for big sellers like Eminem and Nelly who cares, but for new artists on independent labels tryna make a living, it sucks basically.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2001, 03:36:44 PM »
It Should 1 Way Or The Other Be The Artists's Choice...

It's Bad For Dre, Eminem, Everybody Else (Like Broke-As$ Sticky Fingaz) Because They Get Screwed Outta Money.  We All Judge Artist's Greatness By Album Sales; Dre's The Chronic Sold 5 Million, 2001 Sold 6 Million, But How Many Would It Have Sold If It Wasn't All Over The Net?  7 Milllion? 9 Million?  I Know It Isn't As Important To Him, But By That Estimate, He Probably Lost 10 Million On Album Sales Alone... 10 FUCK*N Million DOLLARS! I'd Be MADDDDD, I Mean, It's Not As Important To HIm, But It's Still His Money.  

Then Folks Like Sticky Fingaz Ain't Makin' NOTHIN, Because Peeps Who Want It Just Got It Off The Net (Narrator) And Probably Won't Buy The CD.  He Has NoWay Of Making The Money Back That He Owes The Record Company For Making The Cd In The First Place.... Artists PAY To Make These Cd's, Ya Know.

Then You've Got REALLY Small Artists, Who Knowbody's Ever Heard Of (D-Lux With Bay Mob Records, For Instance) Who Get A Chance To Distribute Their Stuff, So Maybe It's Alright For Them, To Get Their Stuff Out To A Wider Audience...

I've Burnt Songs Before, But I've Always Bought The Album, Everytime.

Hambone (Guest)

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2001, 03:43:05 PM »
yeah..i have burnt songs..but i respect the artist and always buy the cd also..if i download some songs..i never download all of them.....but i see where u r comin from trauma.......

makes you wonder though....

How in the Hell do all these songs.....get leaked to the internet????

they need better security............or something............i was readin in the source....that Redman....doesnt or hardly ever gets bootlegged...cause he keeps his shit on him at all times...maybe more artist need to do that...

Mr_Loc

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2001, 03:45:25 PM »
I think the first step would be shutting those servers down such as rns, ksi etc that leak out WHOLE albums. that is just wack to me, needs to be stopped

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. .."Lifes a bitch and then you die"...
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2001, 03:47:34 PM »
some artists obviouslly be workin with snake ass people....

cos some cats just get bootlegged real bad (examples sticky, lil kim)

but on the real.....they do all need better security....

"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2001, 03:48:50 PM »
Notice It's Mainly The Big Labels.  They Have To Let Some Copies Go, So Peeps Can Get The Promotion Ready, Etc.  Then You Got Peeps At The Record Stores That Get A Promo A Coup. Weeks Early, That Work For The Rip Sites...

Most Of The Peeps That Work On IRC And Everything REALLY Don't Encourage Bootlegging, They Probably All Buy The Cd When it Comes Out Too! It's Just Some People Feel They Want A Free Cd.

I Think Napster Is A GREAT Thing For Unreleased Stuff, And "TRUE" Bootlegs (Stuff That Will Never Be Released, Alternate Takes, Etc.)  But People Shouldn't Have Released, Copyrighted Stuff On There.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2001, 03:51:20 PM »
Bad Azz is another example of how MP3s can fuck you up as an artist. Either the dinks at Priority or folks at magazines who got the promo for review leaked that shit and now everyone has it, forcing Mr. Bad to go back and pretty much do a whole new album.

It's pretty fucked up when thousands of people have your CD and you didn't make a penny from it.

Hambone (Guest)

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2001, 03:56:42 PM »
i read somewhere that Camron intentionally leaked his album early to create a buzz......artist dont know what the fuck they want now adays.....but I remember when i worked for Camelot Music, Record Town on the EASt coast i think.....but Reps used to come in all the time with unreleased shit.......that the companies paid to have played in the store....and on the listenin booths.....i remember when i heard No Limit Topp Dogg before it came out..i was like...finally this is the snoop that i know....the next day..the assistant manager game back with a burned copy.....back then..i really didn think anything of it..but now...i can see how the whole music process is all screwed..up....

After all these years...u have alot of people mad, that the Record industry has been over chargin us for the CDs, man....when i left camelot music...the price for a normal cd moved to 18.99!!! WTF?   didnt the industry get investigated?
if CD's were around 8 or 9 bucks a piece..i know i would buy more CD's...

that is why i head to the WhereHouse, and go through there used CD Bin before i look at new CD's

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2001, 04:02:26 PM »
Yeah, True About The Prices, That's Rediculous... Yall DO Know That It Costs Only About 2 Cents To Stamp A CD.... It's Change, They're Just Gettin' Rich Off People, And The Artists Ain't Gettin' The Money... Most Of It Goes To Record Execs.  (As In 95% Of It)

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2001, 04:02:38 PM »
Yeah, True About The Prices, That's Rediculous... Yall DO Know That It Costs Only About 2 Cents To Stamp A CD.... It's Change, They're Just Gettin' Rich Off People, And The Artists Ain't Gettin' The Money... Most Of It Goes To Record Execs.  (As In 95% Of It)

Head Honcho

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2001, 05:36:57 PM »
I think its the best thing to ever happen to music, cuz I know that it was napster and mp3-websites that got me into hiphop, and especially RBX, Dre, Snoop and all the other westcoast-artists. And if it wasn't for mp3-servers it would be kinda hard to follow careers and diggin up the old stuff when u live in a place such as Denmark

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2002, 04:48:42 PM »
how bout my thoughts on wannabes , posers, and fakers?

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...