Author Topic: Canada-US war of words escalates  (Read 838 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Canada-US war of words escalates
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 01:11:44 PM »
Those terrible commercials the Tories have may hurt them more than help them. I really could care less who wins. It's going to be a very minority government and I expect another no confidence vote in a lot sooner than 4 years.

I thought the ads were pretty decent actually. Tasteful at least, I hate fearmongering and negativity. Still early though.

They aren't hateful but certainly not tasteful either, artistically speaking. They look like the ads you'd see on This Hour Has 22 Minutes making a parody of the ads. THey have these fake news reports and interviews with Harper. Then these fake questions from party volunteers. It's more or less; "Dear Stephen, what is the conservative party going to do wo clean up the mess the liberals left behind". "Well that'sa fair tough a question, but a fair one, blah blah blah." No creativity. And I'm still waiting for the God Damn PST in this shit province to fo away. 7% GST is nothing. It's the 8% that pisses me off. I gotta get out of this province.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 01:30:13 PM »
Those terrible commercials the Tories have may hurt them more than help them. I really could care less who wins. It's going to be a very minority government and I expect another no confidence vote in a lot sooner than 4 years.

I thought the ads were pretty decent actually. Tasteful at least, I hate fearmongering and negativity. Still early though.

They aren't hateful but certainly not tasteful either, artistically speaking. They look like the ads you'd see on This Hour Has 22 Minutes making a parody of the ads. THey have these fake news reports and interviews with Harper. Then these fake questions from party volunteers. It's more or less; "Dear Stephen, what is the conservative party going to do wo clean up the mess the liberals left behind". "Well that'sa fair tough a question, but a fair one, blah blah blah." No creativity. And I'm still waiting for the God Damn PST in this shit province to fo away. 7% GST is nothing. It's the 8% that pisses me off. I gotta get out of this province.

Most provinces have a PST though, you'd have to go to Alberta to be rid of it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 01:46:40 PM »
Roy Cullen....my Pops did some volunteer work for him

matter of fact Cullen came by my house one time for burgers...i was 13...watching rap city with Snoops Doggfather video on....
Roy Cullen asked me if i was a Snoop Doggy Dogg fan and smiled...i was like hell yeah

Lol, nice story. Is he just a backbencher? I've never heard of him.

yeah,,,he aint one of the big doggs....

biggest story in etobicoke, is that cock sucker ignatieff who they just flew in Etobicoke Lakeshore....i hope he doesnt win
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 02:46:01 PM »
Roy Cullen....my Pops did some volunteer work for him

matter of fact Cullen came by my house one time for burgers...i was 13...watching rap city with Snoops Doggfather video on....
Roy Cullen asked me if i was a Snoop Doggy Dogg fan and smiled...i was like hell yeah

Lol, nice story. Is he just a backbencher? I've never heard of him.

yeah,,,he aint one of the big doggs....

biggest story in etobicoke, is that cock sucker ignatieff who they just flew in Etobicoke Lakeshore....i hope he doesnt win

Yeah Ignattief is a fucking douchebag and he just shows why Martin is a huge hypocrite.
He's being called the next Trudeau though, seems the Liberals want him to be leader in the near future.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 02:55:45 PM »

I know, but we were supposed to have had our PST gone years ago. Oh well, Alberta here I come! I hear there's a lot of jobs there in small towns. A friend of mine got a job but didn't go because there was no place to stay. More jobs than houses. lol. He could have bought some land and built a house but he didn't want to be there that long.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 03:18:04 PM »

I know, but we were supposed to have had our PST gone years ago. Oh well, Alberta here I come! I hear there's a lot of jobs there in small towns. A friend of mine got a job but didn't go because there was no place to stay. More jobs than houses. lol. He could have bought some land and built a house but he didn't want to be there that long.

Alberta's pretty much the future of Canada for jobs, Ontario is going down more and more by the year.

Paris

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 03:59:43 PM »
talkin bad bout America?!?? I'm recording the first diss track tonight.

Suga Foot

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 10:20:07 PM »
Port Moody - Westwood in the house!   :monkey:

I was just putting up some shelves in James Moores campaign office today

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 06:46:48 AM »

James Moore's a good candidate, he's in a pretty safe riding isn't he?

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 10:31:43 AM »

Yeah he's got the former Mayor of Coquitlam running against him for the Liberals this time tho, so people are saying it might be close.  But I don't think he'll have a problem. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 02:32:58 PM »

Yeah he's got the former Mayor of Coquitlam running against him for the Liberals this time tho, so people are saying it might be close.  But I don't think he'll have a problem. 

BC's been good for the Reform/Alliance/Conservatives over the last 12 years. Seems to me like the NDP/Liberal vote is gonna be so split that the Tories will move up the middle real well.

Paris