Author Topic: Russian Intelligence Chief Says Al-Qaeda a Myth  (Read 167 times)

Kal EL

Russian Intelligence Chief Says Al-Qaeda a Myth
« on: December 15, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
Russian Intelligence Chief Says Al-Qaeda a Myth

MosNews | March 21 2005

On the pretext of fighting international terrorism the United States is trying to establish control over the world’s richest oil reserves, Leonid Shebarshin, ex-chief of the Soviet Foreign Intelligence Service, who heads the Russian National Economic Security Service consulting company, said in an interview for the Vremya Novostei newspaper.

Using the anti-terrorist cause as a cover the United States has occupied Afghanistan, Iraq and will soon move to impose their “democratic order” on the Greater Middle East, Shebarshin said. “The U.S. has usurped the right to attack any part of the globe on the pretext of fighting the terrorist threat,” Shebarshin said.

Referring to his meeting with an unnamed al-Qaeda expert at the Rand Corporation, a nonprofit research organization in the U.S., Shebarshin said: “We have agreed that [al-Qaeda] is not a group but a notion.”

“The fight against that all-mighty ubiquitous myth deliberately linked to Islam is of great advantage for the Americans as it targets the oil-rich Muslim regions,” Shebarshin emphasized.

With military bases in Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, Shebarshin said, the United States has already established control over the Caspian region — one of the world’s largest oil reservoirs.

what do you think?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Russian Intelligence Chief Says Al-Qaeda a Myth
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 10:17:55 AM »

“The fight against that all-mighty ubiquitous myth deliberately linked to Islam is of great advantage for the Americans as it targets the oil-rich Muslim regions,” Shebarshin emphasized.

bingo
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:38:59 AM »
Fuck America
United Arab States

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 12:48:50 PM »
this is really not new news.  there are documentaries on the discover channel or the history channel about "al qaeda 2.0" where they basically say the same thing.  richard clark is also saying the same thing.

if you just look at "al qaeda in iraq", abu musab al-zarqawi was basically blowing shit up, making shit pop independently; and then started claiming al qaeda; and then started communicating with the main al qaeda leadership (al-zawahiri in particular) after that.  and amusingly, it was reported that al-zawahiri asked al-zarqawi for money!  that's almost a complete role reversal.  so pretty much anyone that wants to attack the u.s. and associate themselves with a name that people in the terrorism community know and respect, they can now use al qaeda.  as long as they are willing to pay dues i guess.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 12:52:11 PM »
i know. but there are a lot of people that believe in the myth.

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
they hate our freedom