Author Topic: Death Row vs. Ruthless Beef (Releases)  (Read 1554 times)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Re: Death Row vs. Ruthless Beef (Releases)
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 09:42:42 AM »
Was there some standout beef between those you think?? U often hear this "Kokane vs. Kurupt" when u talk about this beef...I know Koka come after Kurupt hard om "Dont Bite The Phunk" but did Kurupt ever diss Kokane that directly??

kurupt dissed kokane and cold 187um directly on "puffin' on blunts & drinkin' tanqueray:

"i'm no joke, who the fuck you tryin' to provoke
187 it's cold how his ass got smoked
i don't drink no fucking v-s-o-p

i drink the muthaphukkin' og oe
i'm from click that be kickin' that gangsta shit bitch
real niggaz, real g'z with real big dicks
i hit 'em up with the pound, so what you want to throw up
claimin' you're kokane the kavvie when you blow up...
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 05:11:50 PM »
Damn...I am mad hyped for this mixtape...u better actually release this Okka. ;D
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

K1LLAHOE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 06:23:32 PM »
Damn DeathRow vs Ruthless had some of the most gangbangin tracks of all time come thru from the beef.

Diggfinger

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2005, 04:02:53 AM »

kurupt dissed kokane and cold 187um directly on "puffin' on blunts & drinkin' tanqueray:

i hit 'em up with the pound, so what you want to throw up
claimin' you're kokane the kavvie when you blow up...

I dont really understand that. "Claiming you're kokane the kavvie when you blow up..."? Whats thats supposed to mean?

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2005, 05:09:12 AM »
same thing i'm wonderin'  :(

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2005, 08:52:56 AM »
I dont really understand that. "Claiming you're kokane the kavvie when you blow up..."? Whats thats supposed to mean?

"kokane the kavvie" isn't the diss.  originally kokane wasn't allowed to use his real name on his album.  after his album, and by the time of the deep cover soundtrack (which contained "nickel slick nigga") kokane was using his real name "kokane" and had taken to calling himself "kokane the kavvy"

the diss is in the line before, where kurupt is basically questioning kokane's street credibility and hittin' him up on wax.  the lines before it he clearly mocked "cold 187um" he even said "cold" in a mock hutch voice.  he also mocked the song vsop.

huztlah smurf

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2005, 11:03:58 AM »
Greatest beef off all time  8)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2005, 11:45:19 AM »
ok ok ok it's official

Death Row won !!!
     ;D

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »
fuck that shiet ruthless mafia clique took it
fuck them deathrow slobs

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2005, 05:01:09 PM »
Ofcourse, the best hip hop beef in history, and I enjoyed all the tracks, but I have to agree that Death Row won this one.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2005, 05:27:39 PM »
aite i respect ur guys opinions
but i ask
why do yall think deathrow won, because they survived a year or 2 more after eazy passed away?

im a fan of both death row and ruthless records, those 2 lables will always be considered has monsters in the rap games history
ive heard every single diss song that was done, seen and heard all the disses on tv, radio n all that
the music, the hardest shit came from ruthless without a doubt
dont bite the phunk, what would you do, the whole 187um killa ep, ole skool shit, creep n crawl, i mean 187um killa alone destroys alotta the shit deathrow dropped

now deathrow put out a few goodies
bitches aint shit was good, but e retaliated with pictures of dre dressed up like an actual bitch, so to me that was a fly song, but e got the checkmate on that
fuck wit dre day  went toe 2 toe wit real muthafukin g'z, yall can argue on which u thought was better
the rest were just a line or 2 in songs aimed at ruthless

also
every thing deathrow did, every time they dissed eazy and peeps went out n bought it, eazy was makin money, all them singles they put out, that puffin on blunts track on that single i think it was dre day, eazy got payed for that, chronic eazy got payed for, every thing dre did eazy got money for, thas why dre day was juss eazys pay day so how can u say deathrow be winnin a war with ruthless when everytime they try n hurt ruthless they infact make ruthless richer, while everytime ruthless try n hurt deathrow, they juss gettin richer period, nobody eatin off em

they really gotta go back n do like a dvd biography devoted to the beef between ruthless n deathrow, go back show it all, interview everyone that was involved get all the real accounts, cuz shit went down n the streets has well, remember bgko n dresta almost batted nate doggs ass to the moon on that def jam video shoot, if bgko was succsessful at gettin nate dogg, think off all the hit singles that would of never come out cuz of the fact nate dogg be eatin out of tubes n shittin n pissin in plastic bags in ecu. thank god he missed,

like to see yall responds, this is a good thread

ps

free bgko
summer of 06 nigga knoccout gets nutty again

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2005, 06:49:02 PM »
why do yall think deathrow won, because they survived a year or 2 more after eazy passed away?

i really feel like cats are in denial over that.  i can't take claims that death row won that beef seriously at all.  i don't think the statements are serious, i think they are more just an act of stubborn defiance.  like if you saw your dad get socked in the jaw would you tell people your dad got his ass whupped?  or would you make up some excuse and try to deny it?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2005, 11:22:57 PM »
Ruthless won hands down.  When Eazy told everyone how it was going to be at the end of What Would You Do?  it was over.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »
yup, i felt what would u do, when it came out in 96, that track put the nail in the coffin for that beef
it was juss the real

also
another lil diss i remembered that u can add in here
from lil eazy to suge knight off that song from tru crimes streetz of la sdtk
tracks called consequenses, he says fuck suge knight in there but its censored, there is an uncensored version of that out there somewhere

smp4life

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2005, 01:16:17 PM »
DR won because they were just larger in the public eye. The Chronic, Doggystyle, and Murder Was The Case were all huge albums that smashed on Eazy and his back up rappers. And THAT was the problem, Dre had stars dissing Ruthless, Eazy had hype-men. Now if Eazy could have ran his label like a gang (like Suge did) he could've made Ren and Bone come in swinging on DR. That didn't happen so Ruthless lost in the public eye. That's my 2 cents.