Author Topic: abu musab al-zarqawi caught, then released  (Read 211 times)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
abu musab al-zarqawi caught, then released
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:23:41 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/15/zarqawi.captured/index.html

Terror mastermind mistakenly released, official says
Iraqi official: Authorities didn't realize the prisoner was al-Zarqawi

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi security forces caught the most wanted man in the country last year, but released him because they didn't know who he was, the Iraqi deputy minister of interior said Thursday.

Hussain Kamal confirmed that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- the al Qaeda in Iraq leader who has a $25 million bounty on his head -- was in custody at some point last year, but he wouldn't provide further details.

A U.S. official couldn't confirm the report, but said he wouldn't dismiss it.

"It is plausible," he said.

Thursday's news tops a list of reports of missed opportunities to capture the terrorist mastermind. An official said the military receives frequent reports of al-Zarqawi sightings, all of which are investigated.

In April, U.S. troops stormed a hospital in Ramadi based on credible intelligence that terrorists were hiding there, but no suspects were found, military officials said in early May.

A high-ranking Iraqi Army officer said there were rumors that al-Zarqawi was at the Ramadi medical center, and several groups affiliated with the al Qaeda operative issued statements saying the same.

Iraqi Lt. Gen. Nasser Abadi said Thursday that al-Zarqawi was taken to the hospital.

"When we got the news, we rushed there, but he was out of there," the general said.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 02:26:39 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Kal EL

Re: abu musab al-zarqawi caught, then released
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 02:38:56 PM »
keystone cops?  ??? ??? ???

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 03:56:47 PM »
I still question whether this guy truly exists. 

This is an old school propaganda tactic.  You have to put an image to the resistance.  It can't be faceless.  It can't be just everyday Iraqi's who are fed up with American occupation and oppression.  It has to be some so-called "terrorist mastermind"---whatever that means.

It's an oldschool trick out of the book of George Orwell's 1984 novel.  I've never read the book, but I was told that to control the masses, everyday, they made the public focus on an image, and they were told to project all of their hate onto that one image for one minute everyday.  Now, for one minute everyday, the major media outlets show this dudes face on the screen.

...to me it's all just propaganda and war games.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:00:08 PM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 04:23:29 PM »
It's an oldschool trick out of the book of George Orwell's 1984 novel.  I've never read the book

lol!  it's not an expensive book.  it's like an eight dollar book.  not a bad investment

here, all you need to know about emmanuel goldstein is in "the theory and practice of oligarchical collectivism", which you can read online:

http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/go-goldstein.html

emmanuel is the focus of the two minute hate, his beliefs/book largely encompasses the idea you are touching on...

I was told that to control the masses, everyday, they made the public focus on an image, and they were told to project all of their hate onto that one image for one minute everyday.

two-minute hate.  you really need to allow that hate emotion time to work itself into a frenzy.  one minute just isn't enough.   also, the two-minute hate is for the party members.  the masses would be the proles and are too disengaged and enamored in their own petty affairs to even need to be kept in check with such devices...your analogy makes sense...

i agree with you...
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 05:09:47 AM »
I still question whether this guy truly exists. 
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K A I N

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 06:15:18 AM »