Author Topic: British UN worker unlawfully shot by an Israeli sniper UK inquest has concluded  (Read 827 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
British UN worker unlawfully shot
By Nic Rigby
BBC News, Ipswich 

A British UN project manager, shot by an Israeli sniper, was unlawfully killed a UK inquest has concluded.
Iain Hook, 54, of Felixstowe, Suffolk, was in a UN compound in Jenin when he was shot in November 2002.

On Friday, jurors unanimously agreed that Mr Hook, who was born in Essex, was unlawfully killed.

Coroner Dr Peter Dean said he was so concerned by the case and that 13 UN workers have died in Jenin he will write to Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Dr Dean will send copies of his letters to the Foreign Secretary Jack Straw and the Israeli ambassador and said when delivering the verdict that the Ipswich inquest was the only one to consider other deaths in the area.

The inquest at Ipswich Crown Court had heard that the shooting took place after troops surrounded the nearby hideout of an Islamic Jihad leader.

Mr Hook was leading a UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) project to rebuild the camp in the West Bank, which was home to 13,000 Palestinian refugees.

Not mistaken identity

Earlier Dr Peter Hansen, former Commissioner General of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) said that over the past four years 13 UNRWA workers, including Mr Hook, had been shot in similar circumstances by the Israeli army.

Mr Hook was the only non-Palestinian.

On Monday in a statement Paul Wolstenholme, a colleague of Mr Hook who was in the compound at time of the shooting, said the Israeli special forces sniper would have known Mr Hook was not a Palestinian.

"It was not a case of mistaken identity, it was a deliberate act," he said.

The Israeli authorities declined to attend the inquest.

The inquest heard that the Israeli authorities claimed the sniper had mistaken Mr Hook's mobile phone for a pistol.

Dr Hansen showed the jury photographs of where the gunman was positioned and said: "It is fairly difficult to imagine how a small mobile phone could be mistaken for a gun."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/suffolk/4534620.stm

Published: 2005/12/16 12:09:17 GMT

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Dr Hansen showed the jury photographs of where the gunman was positioned and said: "It is fairly difficult to imagine how a small mobile phone could be mistaken for a gun."

In the battlefield it's enough to reach into your pocket, without a cue, to get shot, especially under the circumstances under which the IDF is forced to operate.
I'd like to see this Dr Hensen guy after a week in Jenin at that time, I bet he'd mistake not only phones for guns but even smaller objects...People who don't know shit about guerilla warfare make ungrounded assumptions(lol@ deliberate) and call them inquest conclusions.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nothing new... Israeli soldiers always try to kill reporters and peace activists...
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you really sicken me with your apologetic stance in defence of all actions, ffs use your brain. I suppose when Israeli bulldozers have ran over peace activists that was accidental to, or maybe they thought the peace activists were carrying bombs.

Im just waiting now for some zionist bs newslink now about english suicide bombers posing as peace activists.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:05:09 PM by virtuoso »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...

In the battlefield it's enough to reach into your pocket, without a cue, to get shot, especially under the circumstances under which the IDF is forced to operate.
I'd like to see this Dr Hensen guy after a week in Jenin at that time, I bet he'd mistake not only phones for guns but even smaller objects...People who don't know shit about guerilla warfare make ungrounded assumptions(lol@ deliberate) and call them inquest conclusions.

LMFAO!!!! Man, u killing me here. im dying lol.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why do you think this is an apologetic stance?
Do you disagree with the fact that there is a great deal of coercion in the battlefield?
When you're being shot at from all directions and in the midst of this mess you see someone reaching into his pocket what do you do? Walk up to him and shake his hand?
I deplore every innocent death but people need to know how to conduct themselves in the battlefield if they regard themselves as peace activists. Trust me, Israel doesn't gain anything from dead UN project managers, but do you know who does?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Explain bulldozing over a peace activist who was trying to prevent another home from being unjustly demolished. Entertain us.... you Zionists come with the funniest explanations for things... "She didn't want the home to be bulldozed because she was working for al-Qaeda and the home was used to store weapons to be supplied to terrorists". LOL.. I know I'm not as creative as you Zionists
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Explain bulldozing over a peace activist who was trying to prevent another home from being unjustly demolished.

The moment one starts perceiving oneself as a justice compass in the battlefield repercussions are likely to be tragic.
Again whose interest was served?  8)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Explain bulldozing over a peace activist who was trying to prevent another home from being unjustly demolished.

The moment one starts perceiving oneself as a justice compass in the battlefield repercussions are likely to be tragic.
Again whose interest was served?  8)

LOL... thank you that will be all... that's all I wanted to, and was expecting to hear....

you people are disgusting

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!

You're welcome.

And just so we're clear, is that us Jews, us Zionists, us Israelis, us IDF soldiers? I mean, I understand that you love to generalize because that's how propaganda works but I just want to know.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!

You're welcome.

And just so we're clear, is that us Jews, us Zionists, us Israelis, us IDF soldiers? I mean, I understand that you love to generalize because that's how propaganda works but I just want to know.

Zionists whose actions have victimized people are bad as it is but my reference to the disgusting ones are those won't admit to it and try to deny everything. I view the same way you'd view someone who tries to deny the Holocaust.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's a diff between denying the holocaust and denying misportrayals of reality.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's a diff between denying the holocaust and denying misportrayals of reality.

"Misportrayals of reality" LOL

Palestinian villages bombed = misportrayal of reality?
Palestinian people killed by Zionist colonizers/terrorists = misportrayal of reality?
Palestinian children killed by IDF soldiers = misportrayal of reality?
Palestinian homes demolished = misportrayal of reality?
Peace activists bulldozed = misportrayal of reality?

Yeah... there's a big difference between denying any of those having occurred and denying the holocaust.. because after all, it was the Jews who were the victims then...

I say it again... you people are disgusting.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Again whose interest was served?   8)
ok so israel killing innocent people and protecting the pertpurtrators is all just made up propergander by the palestinians? dude seriously your mind is warped you try and twist israel punishing innocent people and say it just serves palestinian interests, israel retreating and stop interfering with the palestinians would be in their interest. just goes to show how brainwashed really you are.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Again whose interest was served?   8)
ok so israel killing innocent people and protecting the pertpurtrators is all just made up propergander by the palestinians? dude seriously your mind is warped you try and twist israel punishing innocent people and say it just serves palestinian interests, israel retreating and stop interfering with the palestinians would be in their interest. just goes to show how brainwashed really you are.

If that's the only thing that matters to you when deciding who is at fault, then let's ask eachother... "whose interest was served with the Holocaust?" I'd say getting your own country is more than enough to be considered an interest being served.  :)

LOL @ this fudgepacker