Author Topic: 50 cent speaks on yayos flop and more  (Read 752 times)

gunot

• Lil Geezy
50 cent speaks on yayos flop and more
« on: December 16, 2005, 11:38:07 AM »
here's 50's explanation for the yayo flop....And by company standards Yayo's album has to be considered a disappointment. While It moved 210'000 units its 1st week,2 months later,sales stood at 400'000, making it the 1st of g-unit's eight offerings not to go platinum.The problem? "so seductive," the lead single failed to ignite everywhere it was supposed to,costing the project invaluable support from parent company interscope. "The company is not used to to a record not automatically responding from g-unit and 50 cent," says 50 "So when it didn't respond in certain markets, they didn't react properly. We've never [before] been in a situation where we had to change a record." It's impossible, too that with 50 pulled himself in so many directions simultaneously----he spent much of last summer in toronto filming GRODT with acclaimed director Jim Sheridan--his artists will have to rely on each other as much as they do their boss.

And worse, MTV held its portion of the show until late in the evening, making him sit through an onstage jab from fat joe,who thanked g-unit for all the police prescence at the venue."The police prescence isn't there to protect me from them. The police prescence is to protect them from me," 50 says dryly,the boast so familiar that it hardly matters wheter or not its true. "They clowns man. Sometimes when kids touch things,you gotta spank their hand and tell and say don't do that." There were rumours of a backstage scuffle between g-unit and terror squad that night, but tony yayo, on the phone from new york puts it plainly:"Fat Joe? He did the Mookie Wilson.Ran out of there." 50 even sees the recent release of court papers detailing the plot hatched by one time queens druglord and murder inc. associate Kenneth Supreme Mcgriff to have him killed as a means of trafficking on his notoriety. "Regardless where they pick a juror from, the juror know's 50 Cent," he says analyzing the prosecution's strategy. And they'll understand this is the kind of person they need to keep off the street." (There's no love lost between 50 and preme. "They should let him out," says 50 so he can die in the street like he's supposed to. If he could touch down in the street and find out what the difference between 50 Cent without finances is and the new me...") "I can work against everyone feeling like i'm supposed to fail," says 50, "because originally that's the position that I come from."....

also speaks on game....."I was disappointed not only my judgement but Dr.dre's judgement,"he says ruing the decision to join Dre in executive producing the compton upstarts album, The Documentary,and lend an expert hand in hook writing. "Me and Dre don't really speak about it much. There's nothing really to talk about. Dre is the best producer I have ever worked with in my life, and you know what? His beats wouldn't have sold that kid's album.yayo also chimes in...."If I wasn't Tony Yayo, I would probably would diss g-unit too,"says Yayo, with characteristic bluster and self-effacing charm. "If I was broke in the hood,doing nothing, man that's how people are. My road manager got more money than Styles. Do the background check,man Are they purchasing?

KURUPTION-81

Re: 50 cent speaks on yayos flop and more
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 11:55:17 AM »
50 is entertaining and off topic how coulld u have posted that yet had a post count of 0 ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 11:57:21 AM »
he posted it in the gspot (no post count) and i moved it :D

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
he posted it in the gspot (no post count) and i moved it :D

now it makes sense !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

SCRIP1ONER

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 12:04:06 PM »
lol how gay.. GUNOT!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 12:09:27 PM »
It dosen't matter about the buzz of your first single. There is no reason why you shouldn't go gold when your signed to Interscope, further more G-Unit, unless you got know talent. 50 just keeps talking smack about Dre. Dre do you want 50's money or respect? You better do something about this ignorant nigga.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »
its weird, so seductive is an awesome first single by any standards, i mean, the beat i catchy, the hook is catchy, and the first verse is good

they tried to give it loads of radio play in my city(manchester) they kept saying "this is tony yayo, just got out of prison new single, sounds good blahcbfh blahc blah"

but i just think its a simple case of people not liking tony yayo

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 12:15:21 PM »
its weird, so seductive is an awesome first single by any standards, i mean, the beat i catchy, the hook is catchy, and the first verse is good

they tried to give it loads of radio play in my city(manchester) they kept saying "this is tony yayo, just got out of prison new single, sounds good blahcbfh blahc blah"

Propz. You're on point.

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »
I believe this story is fake. Too many spelling errors.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 01:02:38 PM »

Propz. You're on point.

yeah youre right, but i also think he flopped cause yayo would be way more marketable with a "gangsta" single instead of a club banger...and "curious" sure didn't help to follow up...

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 02:46:33 PM »
The problem? "so seductive," the lead single failed to ignite everywhere it was supposed to,costing the project invaluable support from parent company interscope.
That's what happens when you put out bad music.

"The police prescence isn't there to protect me from them. The police prescence is to protect them from me," 50 says dryly,the boast so familiar that it hardly matters wheter or not its true.
Corny ass nigga. But what makes this article is Yayo...

yayo also chimes in...."If I wasn't Tony Yayo, I would probably would diss g-unit too,"says Yayo, with characteristic bluster and self-effacing charm.
Yayo is a comedian. Who would wanna be a commercial let down like him? lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 03:28:53 PM »
so seductive was a good single and had a great buzz, like 6 months before they dropped the album .. interscope waited too long to release the album
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

ABN

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 03:34:51 PM »
"My road manager got more money than Styles. Do the background check,man Are they purchasing?"

Yayo you´re road manager who´s name is Markus got more money then you aswell so shut the fuck up. and Styles album sold more then Yayo´s album with little to no promotion so Yayo needs to get 50´s dick outta his ass.

Eihtball

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 03:48:10 PM »
so seductive was a good single and had a great buzz, like 6 months before they dropped the album .. interscope waited too long to release the album

That song had pretty much no buzz whatsoever; by any standards, it was a flop.  When Banks dropped "On Fire" last year, that song had a lot of buzz - it hit #2 on the Rap Charts and #8 on the Pop Charts.  Buck?  "Let Me In" didn't quite live up to expectations, but with "Shorty Wanna Ride", he had more success - he hit #6 on the Rap Charts and #17 on the Pop Charts.  And both of those songs stayed high on the charts for several weeks, too, which kept their respective album sales pretty high until they both hit Platinum.  Yayo?  "So Seductive" hit #12 on the Rap Charts, #48 on the Pop Charts, in both cases for only a week or two before those singles sank.  His follow-up single "Curious" didn't fare any better.

So it's pretty clear that Yayo just failed to capture anyone's attention - his first single was just not well-received.  Same thing for Olivia - she's had two singles out now, and I don't think either one even entered the Top 100, which is why her album keeps getting pushed back.  I thought "So Seductive" was a pretty good single (certainly, it lives up to G-Unit standards, for what that counts), but the over-saturation of G-Unit product on the market right now, combined with the rather formulaic and predictable approach G-Unit takes to their albums, kept it from making any noise.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 04:28:58 PM »

Propz. You're on point.