Author Topic: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever - #47  (Read 548 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever - #47
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 07:15:59 AM »
I know. Like I said, to me itīs way too bombastic and pompous...but I know Iīm not the only one who thinks so and some top 50 lists donīt even have it. Overall it IS great, but if I were to make a personal favorites list, this would POSSIBLY pop up in the top 100. Iīd put "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn", "Dark Side Of The Moon", "Meddle", "Animals" and "Wish You Were Here" over this.

Animals and Wish You Were Here are both dope but only 5 tracks appeace is what kills it 4 those 2.
well, itīs 5 tracks, but some long ass tracks. "WYWH" has no track under 5 minutes and is over 40 minutes long...and I think thatīs a lot better than making 10 4-minute tracks would have been...no band ever made something like "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". "Meddle" is 6 tracks strong, but itīs got "Echoes" on it..."Pigs On The Wing" and the whole animal metaphor wasnīt a bad idea either...I like the animal metaphor much better than the wall one personally

i remember watching the video for the album..or somthing like it at a friends house. 10 years old and watching hammers walking and shit trips the fuck out of a young mind lol

lol yeah, you mean the video right? Cause thereīs also a movie, and Iīve heard itīs actually pretty good

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 01:57:18 PM »
well, itīs 5 tracks, but some long ass tracks. "WYWH" has no track under 5 minutes and is over 40 minutes long...and I think thatīs a lot better than making 10 4-minute tracks would have been...no band ever made something like "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". "Meddle" is 6 tracks strong, but itīs got "Echoes" on it..."Pigs On The Wing" and the whole animal metaphor wasnīt a bad idea either...I like the animal metaphor much better than the wall one personally

Yeah I love both "Shine On You Crazy Diamond's" wonder how it would have sounded if they decided to keep it as one.
And yeah the metaphor for animals was a smart idea. And tha Wall has to much skit type tracks and I wish some great songs like "Good Bye Blue Sky" were at least 1 minute longer.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 05:02:04 PM »

Yeah I love both "Shine On You Crazy Diamond's" wonder how it would have sounded if they decided to keep it as one.
And yeah the metaphor for animals was a smart idea. And tha Wall has to much skit type tracks and I wish some great songs like "Good Bye Blue Sky" were at least 1 minute longer.

yeah...some of the stuff is too short, thatīs true, and the whole gigantism of that album has its negative side...thatīs why i didnīt put it THAT high, but of course I do have to recognize its significance in rock history...

and yeah, the Animals metaphor was dope..."Shine on" would have been dope as one too...on their greatest hits youīll get pts. 1-7 and itīs dope as hell

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 11:30:08 PM »
i remember watching the video for the album..or somthing like it at a friends house. 10 years old and watching hammers walking and shit trips the fuck out of a young mind lol

lol yeah, you mean the video right? Cause thereīs also a movie, and Iīve heard itīs actually pretty good

the movie i believe lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

rafsta

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 03:24:52 PM »
pink floyd is the only band i really ever listened to and enjoyed thoroughly.

and i prefer dark-side of the moon over this too.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 06:26:13 PM »
pink floyd is the only band i really ever listened to and enjoyed thoroughly.

and i prefer dark-side of the moon over this too.

List ain't over. There is no way in hell he won't put it.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 12:06:59 AM »
This is absolutely classic. Mother, Comfortably Numb, and Hey You are unfuckwitable masterpieces. Props, and i hope to see more Floyd as the list is revealed
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 09:59:31 AM »
Good Choice i know my mom has this album
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 04:36:31 PM »
shine on you crazy diamond, off topic, but seriosly a 14 minute orgasm...

btw kill you quit on us???

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 03:38:25 AM »
shine on you crazy diamond, off topic, but seriosly a 14 minute orgasm...

btw kill you quit on us???
wtf are you saying lol? If you mean the list, donīt worry, no. 46 should be up today. I had a problem with the downloading, somehow the shit didnīt really work and this will be one of the albums I only have on vynil

and btw, "Shine On" is not a 14-minute orgasm. Itīs a 26-minute orgasm ;D (thereīs 9 parts, donīt know what you got, on the album itīs split into pts. I-V (about 13.5 min) and pts. VI-IX (about 12.5 min)....the greatest hits has pts. I-VII

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 06:12:20 AM »
i ment the I-V is the dopest, the other part is sick too but not as sick as the 1st part.but ive never listened to it together...

coola

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »
do you think comfortably numb is about taking heroin ?

coola

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 05:23:11 PM »
oh btw... another brick in the wall is my fave track... comfortably numb is damn good though...