Author Topic: Guess Who's Back after selling 13 million on the last album  (Read 370 times)

K A I N

Guess Who's Back after selling 13 million on the last album
« on: December 16, 2005, 03:27:46 PM »
Enya Returns to Center Stage With 'Amarantine'

It has been five years since the release of “A Day Without Rain” in 2000, and 13 million copies of the album have been sold. But now she is back with a new album titled “Amarantine,” again featuring her famous ethereal and dream-like sounds. In the recording studio, the Irish singer will record a track several hundred times to get it just right. What is the her story? And what is she up to now? Enya answered all this and more in an email interview with the Chosun Ilbo.

“I want to focus on the way I am now, not on the success of the past,” she says. That is a good reason for taking a break. But Enya had no plans to change her style: she simply wanted to get her natural feelings on the new album, as she has always done.

The theme of the new album, which bears a striking image of Enya in red dress on its cover, is eternal love -- “amarantine” is a poetic word for “everlasting.” Enya defines her music, whose popularity the sale of 65 million albums testify to, as "relaxation music" that can restore people's composure in their busy daily life, and gives them a chance to reflect. When she composes, she says, the writing comes from her own inspiration, and that people appreciate it she regards as a blessing.

Enya has not had a moment's rest over the last five years. First she was busy touring for a year, then she started work on the soundtracks to “Lord of the Rings” and “Sweet November.” Then, for two years, she worked on the new album.

Asked about her reputed aversion to publicity, Enya denies it, though she admits people may get that impression because her music is more appropriate in times of quiet contemplation and solitude, and doesn’t exactly work as party music.

To the question, “Can the songs of Enya still be an issue in the pop music world like they were in the 90’s?” she answers simply "I have never once sung a song to get people’s attention." If people who have been fans for long time still like her songs, she adds, that is enough to make her happy.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200512/200512160006.html
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 03:53:36 PM by K A I N »

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Guess Who's Back after selling 13 million albums...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:28:42 PM »
ohh, i thought you were talkin about killa cam

J Bananas

Re: Guess Who's Back after selling 13 million albums...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 03:46:55 PM »
dipset

Suga Foot

Re: Guess Who's Back after selling 13 million on the last album
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 04:16:03 PM »
I got my mom that album for xmas

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Guess Who's Back after selling 13 million on the last album
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 02:15:29 PM »
I got my mom that album for xmas

i feel for her.  :(
NO MORE WAR