Author Topic: i think hip-hop can be blamed for violence...  (Read 340 times)

coola

i think hip-hop can be blamed for violence...
« on: December 18, 2005, 09:41:24 PM »
think about it, if you listen to hip-hop you embrace the rules of the game, or relate, otherwise you would reject it and not listen to it.. in effect people who immerse themselves in gangsta rap would develop a gangsta mentality...

i'm saying hip-hop can be blamed, because hip-hop's main driving and selling force is gangsta rap...

so christians saying hip-hop is evil, i can understand where they are coming from... it completely goes against jesus' teachings, of forgiveness, turning the other cheek etc...

crazy stuff...

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: i think hip-hop can be blamed for violence...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 09:46:17 PM »
think about it, if you listen to hip-hop you embrace the rules of the game, or relate, otherwise you would reject it and not listen to it.. in effect people who immerse themselves in gangsta rap would develop a gangsta mentality...

i'm saying hip-hop can be blamed, because hip-hop's main driving and selling force is gangsta rap...

so christians saying hip-hop is evil, i can understand where they are coming from... it completely goes against jesus' teachings, of forgiveness, turning the other cheek etc...

crazy stuff...

Music don't create much impact on listeners to have violence.  It's other issues like environment, social, bio, and stuff like that.
At least in my opinion.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

coola

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 09:48:15 PM »
i think music is a powerful weapon in getting a message across... possibly the best.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 09:51:23 PM »
Stupid people are to be blamed for violence. I bump hip-hop daily, and I'm far from violent.

If anything causes violence, it's the environment.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

coola

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 09:53:50 PM »
^ good point.. but how could you explain the rich suburban kids that have no need to mob but do it anyways ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 09:59:38 PM »
I guess it's a violent nature. Some people are passive and other aggresive. If a person is aggressive by nature, then it makes sense that they woul dlisten to hip-hop because they relate to it. I don't believe the music will cause anyone to do anything.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 10:02:19 PM »
What about TV/Movie Violence?  I think it has taken affect on desensitizing people to violence but I wouldnt say its a direct cause for violence.  LIke SIK said "some people are passive and others aggresive"

coola

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 10:04:07 PM »
you dont think it could change someones mentality ?

and i think movies are different to music, so are games... hip-hop is almost like religion...

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 10:54:18 PM »
It depends on the person too. Some people are influenced more strongly by their experiences than others. That's why when some people get called a fat ass, they develop a low self esteem. On the other hand, you have some people who just brush off the insult.

Some people may see a movie, and it's so influential to then that they have to go out and do reenact that movie. Others will treat it as just a movie and resume their lives.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 01:08:44 AM »
I agree with you to a certain extent. There are other variants which lead to violence but music is very powerful, especially if you dont have much else.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 09:21:25 AM »
^ good point.. but how could you explain the rich suburban kids that have no need to mob but do it anyways ?

THat's from social point of view.  Maybe..loners...or something like that.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 11:48:44 AM »

You have to look at it in a psychological point of view, rich suburban white kids have everything which makes them feel empty inside, they're missing something. That is what makes some of them not give a fuc, imagine if you had a million dollars just handed to you, most people would spend it on whatever and lose it faster than they got it. But if you actually worked for that mill, you will take care of it and watch your every step. I don't know if I'm getting my point across, but it's not the music. It can't be SOLELY blamed for violence.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 11:51:12 AM »
I swear many sheisty gangsters and serial killers listen to classic and other quiet, peaceful music.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

crazy stuff...
This is fuckin bullshit. If you look at the origins of hip hop and what it used to mean for the most part(or still does in the underground), it was/is an expression for the streets; it's their form of communication on the ghetto life dealing with problems such as poverty, police brutality, black on black crime, the education system in the schools, gangs, feelings on religion, etc. As far as christians saying hip hop is evil, I dont know where that bullshit came from. You actually agreed with that....that line sounds like some fuckin christian extremist. LOL how is it "evil" music...As far as that whole jesus teachings of forgiveness, turning the other check...who decided it was THE standard of "good things". Other people actually do not believe into "jesus teachings of forgiveness" or "turning the other cheek" ... ::)

I can't believe you actually agree with those extemist christians saying hip hop is evil music. You remind of those crazy, extreme christian conservatives back in the 90's trying to shut hip hop saying it glorifies violence. What fuckin bullshit and ignorance that is...for the most part those artists stayed as factual as possible in depicting what actually went on in the hood...if you agree with that "hip hop is evil"...then obviously you don't know what the fuck hip hop is about nor should you be listening to it since its "evil music".

Music and religion should not be mixed whatsover AT all. Oh yea and please stop with that fuckin bullshit of calling hip hop gangsta rap. Hip Hop Is not equated to gangsta rap.  Yes it is ruling right now, but if you look you would see it is actually a small part of the whole hip hop scene.

As far as these rich, white suburbs kids killing and mobbing...can't believe you actually blamed hip hop for that...at the end its fuckin music. The problem with these rich, white kids is they been having money and living life easy since they were little....thus they don't have fuckin discipline...nor do their parents have much control over them...they have more money than they should at such a young, impressionable age...so they dont know what the fuck to do with it. They have all that money they never worked for and because it didnt take much to get whatever they wanted....they don't have any real proper teaching or discipline from their parents...its like they have the money...but they are not truly happy inside....they dont have the mindset, personality, or character that they normally would have derived if they had to really work for their stuff and their parents put proper control on their kids and their money...

So according to you if some rich white kid killed some one while he was listening to hip hop(evil music) or is know to listen to alot of hip hop(evil music); its hip hop fault? ::)

I cant believe you made this fuckin retarded thread...

I swear many sheisty gangsters and serial killers listen to classic and other quiet, peaceful music.

^Thank you. Even though it has nothing to do with this thread, I doubt a real gangster is going to go home after a day of work and bump the chronic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 02:03:21 PM by makaveli11 »
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 09:33:07 PM »
As much as some people say it doesnt affect people it does, ive seen people change totally for the worse because of the music they started listening to no joke...it is different on different people though...like for Sik nothing happens but other people will change their whole mindset cause of their music