Author Topic: WHAT?!?!  (Read 147 times)

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
WHAT?!?!
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:39:05 PM »
http://poplicks.com/2005/12/what-would-yakub-say.html

Scientists Find A DNA Change That Accounts For White Skin (Washington Post, 12/16/05)
"Scientists said yesterday that they have discovered a tiny genetic mutation that largely explains the first appearance of white skin in humans tens of thousands of years ago, a finding that helps solve one of biology's most enduring mysteries and illuminates one of humanity's greatest sources of strife."

"The newly found mutation involves a change of just one letter of DNA code out of the 3.1 billion letters in the human genome."

"The work raises a raft of new questions -- not least of which is why white skin caught on so thoroughly in northern climes once it arose. Some scientists suggest that lighter skin offered a strong survival advantage for people who migrated out of Africa by boosting their levels of bone-strengthening vitamin D; others have posited that its novelty and showiness simply made it more attractive to those seeking mates."

"The work also reveals for the first time that Asians owe their relatively light skin to different mutations. That means that light skin arose independently at least twice in human evolution, in each case affecting populations with the facial and other traits that today are commonly regarded as the hallmarks of Caucasian and Asian races."

"Study leader Keith Cheng said he was at first uncomfortable talking about the new work, fearing that the finding of such a clear genetic difference between people of African and European ancestries might reawaken discredited assertions of other purported inborn differences between races -- the most long-standing and inflammatory of those being intelligence. "I think human beings are extremely insecure and look to visual cues of sameness to feel better, and people will do bad things to people who look different," Cheng said."

"Recent revelations that all people are more than 99.9 percent genetically identical has proved that race has almost no biological validity. Yet geneticists' claims that race is a phony construct have not rung true to many nonscientists -- and understandably so, said Vivian Ota Wang of the National Human Genome Research Institute in Bethesda. "You may tell people that race isn't real and doesn't matter, but they can't catch a cab," Ota Wang said. "So unless we take that into account it makes us sound crazy."
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

J Bananas

Re: WHAT?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 12:43:07 PM »
damn, this is pretty big news

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 12:58:51 PM »

X-Men Mutha fucka WHAT!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 12:59:52 PM »
Recent revelations that all people are more than 99.9 percent genetically identical has proved that race has almost no biological validity.

Well the DNA difference between humans and various apes isn't that huge either.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 02:44:36 AM »
Recent revelations that all people are more than 99.9 percent genetically identical has proved that race has almost no biological validity.

Well the DNA difference between humans and various apes isn't that huge either.
true

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 06:03:36 AM »

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 06:30:43 AM »
http://poplicks.com/2005/12/what-would-yakub-say.html

Scientists Find A DNA Change That Accounts For White Skin (Washington Post, 12/16/05)
"Scientists said yesterday that they have discovered a tiny genetic mutation that largely explains the first appearance of white skin in humans tens of thousands of years ago, a finding that helps solve one of biology's most enduring mysteries and illuminates one of humanity's greatest sources of strife."

"The newly found mutation involves a change of just one letter of DNA code out of the 3.1 billion letters in the human genome."

"The work raises a raft of new questions -- not least of which is why white skin caught on so thoroughly in northern climes once it arose. Some scientists suggest that lighter skin offered a strong survival advantage for people who migrated out of Africa by boosting their levels of bone-strengthening vitamin D; others have posited that its novelty and showiness simply made it more attractive to those seeking mates."

"The work also reveals for the first time that Asians owe their relatively light skin to different mutations. That means that light skin arose independently at least twice in human evolution, in each case affecting populations with the facial and other traits that today are commonly regarded as the hallmarks of Caucasian and Asian races."

"Study leader Keith Cheng said he was at first uncomfortable talking about the new work, fearing that the finding of such a clear genetic difference between people of African and European ancestries might reawaken discredited assertions of other purported inborn differences between races -- the most long-standing and inflammatory of those being intelligence. "I think human beings are extremely insecure and look to visual cues of sameness to feel better, and people will do bad things to people who look different," Cheng said."

"Recent revelations that all people are more than 99.9 percent genetically identical has proved that race has almost no biological validity. Yet geneticists' claims that race is a phony construct have not rung true to many nonscientists -- and understandably so, said Vivian Ota Wang of the National Human Genome Research Institute in Bethesda. "You may tell people that race isn't real and doesn't matter, but they can't catch a cab," Ota Wang said. "So unless we take that into account it makes us sound crazy."
fuck what ya hurd,look around you muthafucka.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 08:42:34 AM »
uhh, who cares, and how you know what to believ if NO ONE but him understand a shit about it :p

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 11:26:27 AM »
uhh, who cares, and how you know what to believ if NO ONE but him understand a shit about it :p

??? whatcha talkin about?
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia