Author Topic: Weezer Singer Continues Vow of Celibacy  (Read 523 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Weezer Singer Continues Vow of Celibacy
« on: December 19, 2005, 10:14:33 PM »
Weezer Singer Continues Vow of Celibacy

12/19/2005 12:20 PM, AP

Weezer lead singer Rivers Cuomo is continuing his celibacy past his self-declared deadline.

The 35-year-old frontman earlier vowed to remain celibate for two years. Although that deadline expired six months ago, Cuomo still doesn't expect to jump back in the sack anytime soon.

"It's been two and a-half years now, actually," Cuomo tells Blender magazine in its new issue, on newsstands Tuesday. "The vow is over, but I wanted to keep cruising."

Though he's a lead singer for a popular rock band, the bespectacled Cuomo says it's not difficult to manage restraint.

"Abstinence doesn't require as much self-discipline anymore," he says. "We never had any serious groupies, anyway. Our generation got screwed."

Cuomo's vow makes Weezer's 2005 music video for "Beverly Hills" somewhat unusual; it was filmed at the Playboy mansion with dozens of Playboy models and Weezer fans.

Earlier this year, Weezer released their fifth album, "Make Believe."

Cuomo is also pursuing a degree in English literature from Harvard University, for which he has one semester left.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Sikotic™

Re: Weezer Singer Continues Vow of Celibacy
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 03:54:59 AM »
By the time he ends his celibacy, he won't even be able to get it up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 04:09:31 AM »
Celibacy ='s a Big NO NO :nawty:

coola

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 05:41:11 AM »
Celibacy ='s a Big NO NO :nawty:

i agree 10000000%... i took a vow once, lasted 5 months.. it would be alot easier to do when 35 though..

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 11:22:17 AM »
damn, why is he celibate for anyway? religious reasons?
Good for him though, i couldnt do that, im too weak

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 11:30:32 AM »
yea, wat was his reason for taking the vow in the 1st place?>

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 11:34:17 AM »
I heard it isnt really good for your health
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 11:43:41 AM »
why take the best thing in life away from yourself?

Be glad you´re not a nigger who has to be a cock-sucking virgin forever and get them girls

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »

He is a lil nerd with a lil dick datz the reason

coola

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 05:08:11 PM »

Be glad you´re not a nigger who has to be a cock-sucking virgin forever and get them girls

wtf ?

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 06:05:55 PM »

wtf ?

See the threads made in the G-Spot and TOT by KKK Man

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 07:07:42 PM »

He is a lil nerd with a lil dick datz the reason

:-X
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 09:08:37 PM »
It wasn't for religious regions.  He's not really very religious.

Basically it's because he's a fucking loon.  He has a history of craziness.

When he was a kid, he worshipped Kiss and basically he wants to be Ace Frehley even though he's just a skinny white geek.

He studied guitar trying to basically become a guitar god, even though he's a skinny white geek.

After Weezer released their first album, he applied and was accepted to Harvard... on again and off again he's attended there, recently graduating. 

After Weezer's third album, he went through a songwriting phase where he was attempting to make himself as good at songwriting as Lennon/McCartney... he'd write several songs a day, and rented an apartment in L.A. next to Rick Rubin's house... he painted the entire inside of the apartment black and took out all the furniture so he could live in Solitude.

After writing the third and fourth albums (think "Island In The Sun" and "Hashpipe"), he toured the world with Weezer, where he had 3 or 4 groupies a night and did massive amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Eventually finding he still wasn't happy, he decided to take a vow of celibacy, and also to start meditating.  He meditates for days at a time, sometimes up to 12 days in meditation retreats around the world.  Right now his latest thing is he likes to be really 'calm' all the time and doesn't like excitement, even at a rock concert.  Watch the "Beverly Hills" video.  He's the guy standing perfectly still while everybody else is partying with the playboy bunnies behind him. 

It's his fucking parent's fault, his mom was a hippy and raised him in a concubine. 

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 10:35:30 PM »
It wasn't for religious regions.  He's not really very religious.

Basically it's because he's a fucking loon.  He has a history of craziness.

When he was a kid, he worshipped Kiss and basically he wants to be Ace Frehley even though he's just a skinny white geek.

He studied guitar trying to basically become a guitar god, even though he's a skinny white geek.

After Weezer released their first album, he applied and was accepted to Harvard... on again and off again he's attended there, recently graduating. 

After Weezer's third album, he went through a songwriting phase where he was attempting to make himself as good at songwriting as Lennon/McCartney... he'd write several songs a day, and rented an apartment in L.A. next to Rick Rubin's house... he painted the entire inside of the apartment black and took out all the furniture so he could live in Solitude.

After writing the third and fourth albums (think "Island In The Sun" and "Hashpipe"), he toured the world with Weezer, where he had 3 or 4 groupies a night and did massive amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Eventually finding he still wasn't happy, he decided to take a vow of celibacy, and also to start meditating.  He meditates for days at a time, sometimes up to 12 days in meditation retreats around the world.  Right now his latest thing is he likes to be really 'calm' all the time and doesn't like excitement, even at a rock concert.  Watch the "Beverly Hills" video.  He's the guy standing perfectly still while everybody else is partying with the playboy bunnies behind him. 

It's his fucking parent's fault, his mom was a hippy and raised him in a concubine. 
So basically he's had a rollercoaster of a life so far...

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 01:09:52 AM »
what a weenie