Author Topic: Your predictions for 2006  (Read 651 times)

Elevz

Your predictions for 2006
« on: December 28, 2005, 02:09:16 AM »
Similar to the thread I put up last year.... We've only got a few days left in 2005.. Time to look back, and of course look forward. What are your predictions for 2006? Who will fall off and who will blow up?

GangstaBoogy

Re: Your predictions for 2006
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 02:15:35 AM »
The West might get a lil more exposure to the mainstream

other than that...another year full of wack ass love and club songs

Yayo might die (I just got a feeling)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 02:22:42 AM »
Detox will finally come out @ the end of 2006....

Game doesn't keep his mouth shut and will continue dissin' g-unit since spider who tried to diss him...

Busta's new album will go 2x platinum

Dmx finally drops his album which will go platinum

G-unit will continue to flop, mobb deep will barely go gold, olivia already has no buzz @ all, Buck will leave and make a lot of more dope songs with 3 6 maffia  ;D , Banks will flop, MOP will flop.

50 Cent will do some more stupid disses

Nas returns and destroyes everyone that dissed him the last couple of months

Reggaeton will become bigger

3 6 maffia will fall in the taste of commercial music

BWS finally will put out some other artist to shine

Redman's album will finally drop in 2006

wu-tang still wont make a last group album in 2006

DPG will flop

Snoop Dogg will surprise us all and flows like all of us hiphopheads want him 2 flow

tony Yayo will do a song with real 2 real (the i like 2 move it song guy)

someone will die and hiphop gets blamed again

west will shine.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 02:23:33 AM »
REggeaton is gonna take over

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 02:41:46 AM »
Nas drops the second best album of his career, with help from Premier and Jay-Z. It gets labelled a classic even before it's dropped.
Common... Doesn't do shit. Things get silent around him for a while.
Redman makes a half-ass comeback with Red Gone Wild. Yes, the album is better than Malpractice. No, it doesn't come anywhere near what he used to be like.
Busta Rhymes goes platinum with his Big Bang, which gets released in April 2006. Just platinum with a small buzz. No amazing hype or anything.
Big Daddy Kane dies and suddenly gets labelled the GOAT. I already think he is one of the GOAT.
Detox drops in november 2006 and everyone is amazed by how good it ended up being. Dre won't start creating a hype until 4 weeks before the actual release date, when all of a sudden we hear "Detox will be out in 4 weeks". It ends up being the most bootlegged album of all time.
Xzibit drops a new album out of nowhere. It's actually a masterpiece. However, most people will still sleep on it.
The Game drops his new album in August. He changes the title and there's less Dre influences on it. The album as a whole has less of a mainstream sound to it and he actually puts some of his friends on. Game makes an attempt to really resurrect the westcoast with this. None of that G-Unit pop sound. Game actually has something to say here; he addresses some real issues. We will like the album, however, it will sell less than The Documentary.
Snoop Dogg drops his blue carpet treatment. We were all expecting something like the resurrection of Snoop the way he was. What we get is R&G part 2.
Another Wu-Tang member dies.
Raekwon's Cuban Linx 2 album drops and it gets shown mad love. That's the Raekwon we've been anticipating for years!
Underground hiphop as a whole is on a rise. Even "Detox is coming" aka Meho aka str8westcoast will agree. ;D
MF Doom records some amazing collabo's with the Wu.
Commercial hiphop still only concerns drugs and bitches.
Reggaeton was only temporary, like crunk and cnb. Yes, we will see a new trend in hiphop evolving throughout 2006.
However, when Detox drops, things will all get different, production-wise.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 03:09:12 AM »
zdetox won't drop & I'll probably buy 3 of the new albums in 06. The rest will be downloaded and deleted soon after.

Oh, and 50 Cent will be shot dead.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 03:25:37 AM »
Detox will drop in December and will change the whole game.It will have 50 Cent on it but no Game.
Dre will be dropping leftovers on his Aftermath LP's till Detox drops.
Game wont drop Doctors Advocate.He will drop some more disses towards GUnit and end his beef with Fase.Thats it.
50 Cent and GUnit will still be on top but slowly starting to fall.Mobb Deep will go platinum.Banks and Buck will release albums in the summer.Banks will go platinum,Buck gold.Olivia wont release an album.Tony Yayo will become an official 50 hypeman,
Busta Rhymes will go platinum with very small buzz.The LP will have 2,3 Dre production.
Bishop Lamnot will be silent,probably release 2,3 mixtapes.He will rip all his verses on Detox.He will be the Hittman of Detox.
Obie Trice will release an album,no hype at all.He will go gold.
The South will slowly start to loose their mainstream appeal.
Pharrell's album will have great production and will go 2x platinum.
Everybodys is going to be saying that theyre on Detox.
Detox will be the most downloaded album in the history.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 05:36:26 AM »
Nas drops the second best album of his career, with help from Premier and Jay-Z. It gets labelled a classic even before it's dropped.
Common... Doesn't do shit. Things get silent around him for a while.
Redman makes a half-ass comeback with Red Gone Wild. Yes, the album is better than Malpractice. No, it doesn't come anywhere near what he used to be like.
Busta Rhymes goes platinum with his Big Bang, which gets released in April 2006. Just platinum with a small buzz. No amazing hype or anything.
Big Daddy Kane dies and suddenly gets labelled the GOAT. I already think he is one of the GOAT.
Detox drops in november 2006 and everyone is amazed by how good it ended up being. Dre won't start creating a hype until 4 weeks before the actual release date, when all of a sudden we hear "Detox will be out in 4 weeks". It ends up being the most bootlegged album of all time.
Xzibit drops a new album out of nowhere. It's actually a masterpiece. However, most people will still sleep on it.
The Game drops his new album in August. He changes the title and there's less Dre influences on it. The album as a whole has less of a mainstream sound to it and he actually puts some of his friends on. Game makes an attempt to really resurrect the westcoast with this. None of that G-Unit pop sound. Game actually has something to say here; he addresses some real issues. We will like the album, however, it will sell less than The Documentary.
Snoop Dogg drops his blue carpet treatment. We were all expecting something like the resurrection of Snoop the way he was. What we get is R&G part 2.
Another Wu-Tang member dies.
Raekwon's Cuban Linx 2 album drops and it gets shown mad love. That's the Raekwon we've been anticipating for years!
Underground hiphop as a whole is on a rise. Even "Detox is coming" aka Meho aka str8westcoast will agree. ;D
MF Doom records some amazing collabo's with the Wu.
Commercial hiphop still only concerns drugs and bitches.
Reggaeton was only temporary, like crunk and cnb. Yes, we will see a new trend in hiphop evolving throughout 2006.
However, when Detox drops, things will all get different, production-wise.
man if all that come's true it's gonna be hell of a year!!, except I dont hope that Big Daddy Kane dies ;)

Eihtball

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 06:32:32 AM »
I actually think that 2006 is probably going to be the year that hip-hop starts losing a significant part of its mainstream dominance.  Or at least, hip-hop of the commercial thug/gangsta style will.  We've already seen a lot of major label thugs flop this year (Tony Yayo, Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, Boyz N Da Hood, etc.), plus we've seen Common hit #2 on the pop charts and Kanye essentially replacing 50 as hip-hop's biggest star.  I've got a feeling that the white kids may finally be getting tired of all the thug shit, plus it seems pretty clear that reggaeton and power pop (as well as anything done with "indie" sensibilities) are steadily rising and taking away some of rap's thunder.  This may be a good thing because we'll finally see hip-hop stabilize and balance out the ratio of thugs to poets.  Ever since hip-hop became the most popular musical genre in America, things haven't been good in the culture, and it's about time it changed a bit.

That said, I think 2006 will firmly establish that G-Unit is not at all the dynasty they were hyped up to be (and 50 may even find himself becoming a joke, which already seems to be the case now), and Shady/Aftermath in general isn't going to fare well now that Eminem is retired.  "Detox" will probably do quite well, and Game's new album should also be OK, but I don't think this label is going to produce any new stars - Bishop Lamont and Stat Quo will probably flop.  Dipset will probably maintain their cult following, Nas will probably satisfy his fan base (and just about nobody else) with his new album, Snoop will probably find the success of "Drop It Like It's Hot" impossible to live up to with his next lead single (and its album), and the Dirty South's crunk will still be the most popular sound in hip-hop (though not for much longer).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:40:46 AM by Eihtball »

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 06:33:50 AM »
detox isnt gonna drop this year or is gonna be wack.
snoop works hard on blue carpet treatment,
g unit and dipset movements slow down.

d block gets more shine.

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 06:38:37 AM »
I actually think that 2006 is probably going to be the year that hip-hop starts losing a significant part of its mainstream dominance. Or at least, hip-hop of the thug/gangsta style will. We've already seen a lot of major label thugs flop this year (Tony Yayo, Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, Boyz N Da Hood, etc.), plus we've seen Common hit #2 on the pop charts and Kanye essentially replacing 50 as hip-hop's biggest star. I've got a feeling that the white kids may finally be getting tired of all the thug shit, plus it seems pretty clear that reggaeton and power pop (as well as anything done with "indie" sensibilities) are steadily rising. This may be a good thing because we'll finally see hip-hop stabilize and balance out the ratio of thugs to poets.

On point!

What hip hop needs is consistant production on albums. That is the reason people love Kanye. That's the reason people anticipate Detox. Noone is waiting for 16 different producers on an 18 track album.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 09:33:56 AM »
What hip hop needs is consistant production on albums. That is the reason people love Kanye. That's the reason people anticipate Detox. Noone is waiting for 16 different producers on an 18 track album.

Damn, I never expected such wisdom from you Mauz.The realest stuff written about this topics.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 09:47:34 AM »
REggeaton is gonna take over

DONT GIVE ME MORE NIGHTMARES PLZ

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 09:51:37 AM »
Mos Def and Kweli drop their new album produced entirely by Hi-Tek and it is a classic.  Nas embarasses 50 on a track that is released on his new album.  The track has Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Game and Jay-Z on it and it is produced by Scott Storch.  50 Disses Kanye and Kanye puts together one of the best diss tracks of all time.  LL Cool J's album flops as everyone feels that the game has passed him by.  Detox drops in November and is sick as hell but does not offer the same flavor of 2001.  Dre makes a love song.  Jamie Foxx becomes hip hop's next great crooner.  The south movement slows down as artists such as Nelly and Pall Wall start making songs about their earrings.  Mainstream hip hop turns back to the east coast and away from south.  Xzibit drops a sick album that no one notices.  Someone gets shot or killed
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

smp4life

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 10:53:15 AM »
1. Nas gets shot and killed by some random mentally ill person who obsesses on him. Nas is seen as the hip-hop's John Lennon. His former foes (Jay, 50, Prodigy, etc...) will immediately begin kissing his ass.

2. Kanye signs gay rapper as his protege, his album blows up and he is all the rage in 2006 hip-hop.

3. The majors with throw three new white mcs in the market. They will all flop.

4. Daz's "So So Gangster" will not drop on So So Def. Instead he will put it out independently, and it will sound and sell accordingly.  Daz will beef with JD, Xzibit, Snoop, Bad Azz, Soopafly, Game, 50, and Lil Jon.

5. Daz will say something stupid about Dre during the final touches of Detox. Dre will see it and finally put Daz on blast when Detox drops. Daz will get 8 bars that clown him severely.

6. Scarface drops another classic as usual.

7. DMX goes to jail for 10+ over some crack-related violence. He will release a jailhouse album on Koch.

8. Some thug-turned-upcoming-rapper will beat Jimmy Iovine's ass.

9. MJ will drop a rap CD with help from Puffy, Missy, and 50. It will go platinum but will be seen as a flop by the industry.

10. DMC will die of illness.

11. BIG's murder remains unsolved.

12. Another mediocre Pac CD will drop.

13. Eve will be dropped from the Math.