Author Topic: united states exporting violence to canada  (Read 445 times)

Eihtball

Re: united states exporting violence to canada
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »
Of course, here comes the conservative with the typical conservative take on things...

Don't you just love all these world governments...when something goes wrong, dont accept responsibility just blame America.

It is kind of interesting that Canada's violent crime rate is soaring. Anyone remember Michael Moore's documentary "Bowling for Columbine" where he basically surmised that Canada has less crime because their leadership and their culture are just less violent. So much for that theory.

By the way, you guys might be missing one of the key causes of Canada's increase in crime: violent youth gangs. Even this article briefly mentioned them at the end. It might not be politically correct to discuss this though because  you will be called racist. But let's be honest, immigrants from abroad are commiting the overwhelming majority of these crimes. As Canada becomes more diverse it will only get worse.

That doesn't change the fact that Canada's gun crime is still fed by weapons coming from OUR country.  Why don't you accept responsibility as well, hypocrite?  Blame America?  Maybe not, but America does have some role.  Face it - this country's gun laws are lax, and criminals are taking advantage of that.

herpes

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 03:45:31 PM »
Toronto has nothing to worry about.  I was watching the news last night, and they compared the number of murders in TO, to the number of murders in Chicago (both cities are about the same size).  Tornto had like 78 last year and Chicago had like 430.  And Chicago isn't even known for being a dangerous place.  For a city of 4-5 million like Toronto, I think it's numbers are still safe.
some people here and on other message boards make tdot sound like new york back in 92, 78 murders thats nothing

78 murders is a lot, it's 78 too many in my opinion.
yea i know but c'mon 78 lol, people act like they cant even walk through tdot anymore.  New york city had 560 murders this year and everyone is making a big deal about how great it is b/c its the lowest amount since they started recording these statistics in 1960. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 03:51:47 PM »
Toronto has nothing to worry about.  I was watching the news last night, and they compared the number of murders in TO, to the number of murders in Chicago (both cities are about the same size).  Tornto had like 78 last year and Chicago had like 430.  And Chicago isn't even known for being a dangerous place.  For a city of 4-5 million like Toronto, I think it's numbers are still safe.
some people here and on other message boards make tdot sound like new york back in 92, 78 murders thats nothing

78 murders is a lot, it's 78 too many in my opinion.
yea i know but c'mon 78 lol, people act like they cant even walk through tdot anymore.  New york city had 560 murders this year and everyone is making a big deal about how great it is b/c its the lowest amount since they started recording these statistics in 1960. 

It seems like a lot to me, maybe not a lot by your standards but 78 is a lot of this area.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 03:55:04 PM »
America aint responisble for violence in Canada
Canada's responsible for violence in Canada

"Hip-Hop aint responsible for violence in America
America's responsible for violence in America"
-Shyne Po

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »

-Shyne Po

I agree 100%.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 04:24:18 PM »
Canada has no clue of how to deal with this problem.  I mean, our PM's brilliant idea to solve this problem is to "ban" handguns.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 04:26:47 PM »

I don't know who would ever try and compare Toronto to New York, particularly in the early 90s. The murder rate here is till under 3 per 100,000, and that's not bad compared to most big cities. That being said it's is getting worse the way it looks. The hand gun murders have doubled from a couple years back and the way the government is being run it looks like it'll get worse before it gets better but it may get better for all I know.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 05:29:38 PM »
Canada has no clue of how to deal with this problem.  I mean, our PM's brilliant idea to solve this problem is to "ban" handguns.

Which have been banned since 1934. How people vote them back in is beyond me.

Paris

Eihtball

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 06:21:22 PM »

-Shyne Po

I agree 100%.

I don't.  Hip-hop also needs to accept its share of the responsbility.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 06:38:51 PM »
A better way of summing up my thought would be to compare it to one's house being robbed when the front door was left wide open.

Paris

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 07:11:43 PM »
Hip hop is definitely contributing to crime in all parts of the world. The whole anti authority, fuck the world mentality is being pumped into the heads of kids all across the world. That does have an effect on their behavoir.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2005, 08:20:41 PM »
A better way of summing up my thought would be to compare it to one's house being robbed when the front door was left wide open.

While the man leaving the door open would be seen as an idiot, the burglar would still be punished. I don't blame America for our gun problem, but I do feel the americans that are selling the guns or bringing them in should be punished.

I still think the main blame falls on the soft sentencing of those caught with guns, and the media representation of blacks as well as the lack of male role models contributes greatly to the behaviour. Native Americans had it much worse than Blacks in this country and while they have their own set of major issues, gun murder isn't one of them. Asians had it pretty bad here for a while too. Arabs, Sri Lankans, Eastern Europeans, and Africans as well. The major problem is with Jamaican and other Carribean immigrants. The lifestyle they came from which is in the home and the lifestyle they see growing up on TV and in music has to have an effect. Look at all the blacks in Nova Scotia who came with the Underground Railroad; Crime is low, murder is low, productivity is on par wih the rest of Canada. The Carribean black on average is way more likely to fall through the cracks than any other black in this country because of a lot of factors. Media may not be the main one but it has to count for something.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2005, 08:24:08 PM »

While the man leaving the door open would be seen as an idiot, the burglar would still be punished. I don't blame America for our gun problem, but I do feel the americans that are selling the guns or bringing them in should be punished.

I still think the main blame falls on the soft sentencing of those caught with guns, and the media representation of blacks as well as the lack of male role models contributes greatly to the behaviour. Native Americans had it much worse than Blacks in this country and while they have their own set of major issues, gun murder isn't one of them. Asians had it pretty bad here for a while too. Arabs, Sri Lankans, Eastern Europeans, and Africans as well. The major problem is with Jamaican and other Carribean immigrants. The lifestyle they came from which is in the home and the lifestyle they see growing up on TV and in music has to have an effect. Look at all the blacks in Nova Scotia who came with the Underground Railroad; Crime is low, murder is low, productivity is on par wih the rest of Canada. The Carribean black on average is way more likely to fall through the cracks than any other black in this country because of a lot of factors. Media may not be the main one but it has to count for something.

That's the way I was really trying to say it, that we're being stupid leaving our door open. As Canadians we should be focused on ourselves though, letting American officials deal with the American criminals.

Paris

J Bananas

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2005, 11:15:08 PM »
God America is awesome, the rest of the world even envies our negative traits. It's beautiful how we're the number one country in the world.

WestCoasta

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2005, 11:32:03 PM »
God America is awesome, the rest of the world even envies our negative traits. It's beautiful how we're the number one country in the world.
for real.... I mean, I'm down with some other countries, I just hate the countries that talk shit and think every American is like the politicians they see on the news