Author Topic: Question for any Quebecers  (Read 129 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Question for any Quebecers
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »
I'm addressing a funeral on Monday for someone who was Irish and French, specifically whose family came from Quebec. Are there any good sayings or phrases that would be appropriate? Thanks in advance.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: Question for any Quebecers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 10:25:10 PM »
well i dont know the dude you might say something about him that reflects what everone liked about him. post some shit and i'll translate so you can say it in french at the funeral

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:27:50 AM »
I'm looking more for like a saying that would be associated with French culture, you know what I mean? For example, the Irish saying is:

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind always be at your back, may the rain fall soft upon your fields and the sun shine warm upon your face, and, until we meet again, may the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand.

I know Quebecers have a strong sense of heritage, so I figured they would have a nice saying like that.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 10:30:24 AM »
i don't know, i'll ask my grandx father

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 10:32:39 AM »
i don't know, i'll ask my grandx father

Thanks man, very appreciated.

Paris

coola

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 12:28:28 AM »
^^^ you gonna trust someones translation from dubcc ??

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »
Thanks anyways, but the funeral was today; I used a quote from Renee Levesque, a well spoken and fairly recent Quebec leader:

There is a time when quiet courage and audacity become for a people at the key moments of its existence the only form of adequate caution. If it does not then accept the calculated risk of the great steps, it can miss its career forever, exactly like the man who is afraid of life.

Paris

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 10:58:23 PM »
i knmow this is OT.. but lincoln.. is ur karma really -2000+  ??????

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 04:49:02 AM »
i knmow this is OT.. but lincoln.. is ur karma really -2000+  ??????

No, it's a mirage.  ;)

Paris

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:18:07 PM »
 Je Suis désolé, je suis sure que c'etait une bonne personne , mais ne vous inquietez pas il repose en paix dans un monde meilleur