Author Topic: 50 Cent -"I will never work with the neptunes" "theyre too pop, im more gangsta"  (Read 1362 times)

$do11a biLL$

In a recent UK radio interview 50 was asked why he hasn't worked with the neptunes seen as though almost every artist has and he said

" I will never work with the neptunes because I don't like their style they're too pop I'm more gangsta it's not what I'm about"

however he did go on to say that he respects what they are doing and likes pharrell very much and wishes him luck on his next project.

he plans on only working with upcoming producers and also Dr Dre and Scott Storch anyone else he doesn't really care about.

How much more dumber can 50 get? the Neptunes are too pop for him while Scott Storch probably has worked with more pop artists than the neptunes have

BizzyR.I.P.

LMAO :loser: When you make songs like Candy Shop you can't speak on your music being gangsta and not pop.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"I love you like a fat kid love cake"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
"I love you like a fat kid love cake"

HAHA.

gangsta? That's a good one.

I'll take you to the candy shop. ::)

Matty

he left out hi-tek. seriously though he kinda has a point in the respect that a lot of neptunes work has a deliberate poppy vibe and tracks like candy shop have a darker vibe (the beat anyway) that most of your mainstream hits. unfortunately he also forgot that whatever the neptunes makes becomes popular and they do gangsta sounds too. he probably couldn't get a beat, that's all....

Jome

he probably couldn't get a beat, that's all....

Yeah, Neptunes have very high standards, they don't work with anybody.  ::)

Matty

well there must be some other reason apart from what 50 cent is saying. he obviously would want a neptunes beat to blow up the charts as a single, no?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He doesnt need to pay that much for a neptunes beat.  He already sells records so why waste money?

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 is straight up sad

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
NO MORE WAR

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I always thought a Neptunes\50 collaboration would seem natural. Both sides are pop, any way you cut it.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i dont care what the fuck i was, i would jump at the chance to work with them

The Predator

50 said Neptunes are too pop for him lol

He records and churns out his fair percentage of soft pop music theese days.

Neptunes are madly overrated especially Pharrel and his wack ass singing. As for prodcution they have no doubt made a couple of dope beats but for the most part thier trademark sound although original is dull.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 said Neptunes are too pop for him lol

He records and churns out his fair percentage of soft pop music theese days.

Neptunes are madly overrated especially Pharrel and his wack ass singing. As for prodcution they have no doubt made a couple of dope beats but for the most part thier trademark sound although original is dull.

ur deaf

OP

• Lil Geezy
I always thought a Neptunes\50 collaboration would seem natural. Both sides are pop, any way you cut it.
That's true but there's something about them that dosen't mesh imho.