Author Topic: Obie Trice shot, fortunately in good condition  (Read 707 times)

coola

Re: Obie Trice shot, fortunately in good condition
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2006, 12:48:35 AM »
does this qualify him as a gansgta now ?

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
he better come at niggaz this time around.......he got potential no doubt, but he need the first single treatment to blow up.......why the fuck he put out teeth over 'oh'? and em better giv him some nice beats instead of passing him weak pop shit

I.N.T.E.R.S.C.O.P.E.

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2006, 02:09:10 AM »
i liked Cheers it had a couple of bad songs but overall i thought it was a good album

Okka

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2006, 03:38:47 AM »

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2006, 05:52:19 AM »
idk...i agree on got sum teeth...but i thought the set up would(key emphasis on would) have been a dope single if dey had made a video for the rmx wit redman an jada.....dat would have dun for the set up wat the made u look rmx did 4 nas....

oh an as it is i am a fan of obie...jus not so keen on interscope marketing strategy.....obie will be on trl a week before his album dropped talkn bout gettn shot...an how after it happened he was really focused an he feels this is his most heartfelt/honest/dopest shit hes done....blah blah blah...

then it comes out...an has yayo an olivia on it.....

could be worse though...cant see spider loc gettn a guest spot lmao...

'EclipZe

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 05:56:51 AM »
glad he's okay

westkoastanostra

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2006, 12:34:24 AM »
yea hope dude has a speedy recovery...."cheers" was a great album! i think his 1st single shoulda been "bad bitch" w/ timbaland that was a dope club banger...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2006, 12:51:49 AM »
I bet Em' & Dre just saw $ sign's with this shot stuff!!!!
=Material, AkA a possible (Shit!) reason for a follow up to "Cheer's"

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2006, 04:27:34 AM »
I bet Em' & Dre just saw $ sign's with this shot stuff!!!!
=Material, AkA a possible (Shit!) reason for a follow up to "Cheer's"

If that was the case why have him shot before his album even has a release date.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 08:41:31 AM »
Glad to read he's pretty much ok. I recently started bumping Obie's album again, and it's still really hot! Some kids are crazy for saying 50>>Obie!! Obie can tell stories while 50 can only talk about guns and girls. The production on Cheers is fuckin dope! It got some Dre, Eminem, Fredwreck, Timbaland beats.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 08:43:08 AM by vetklep2000 »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006, 05:20:13 AM »
damn this one lucky nigga, first he gets signed with eminem.....guarenteed platinum with him, then he gets the best dre beats dre done in time on cheers, now he gets shot, nigga done made his career

by the way......50 and game >>obie......

obie got nice lines, but you need more than that, its not like his lines are amazing or anything which puts him on another level to 50 or game, he got given sooo much with his first album, but he failed.....best dre beats, even some of ems beats were aiight......and yet, he dropped a album that only em fans feel....
pz
1) Obie went platinum
             2) Obie >>>> 50 and Game
             3) just got nice lines ? listen to Don't come down
             4) even Em haters said Obie album was dope n overlooked

Cheers should go more than platinum. 2 reasons : 50 stole the show in 2003 AND yep you right Got some Teeth was horrible ( The set up wasn't a good choice too). Em's choices are nonsenses when it comes to pick 1st singles (he wanted If I can't instead of In Da club  ??? :-X). I hope his 2nd album will have less guests but with Interscope I doubt he'll release an album this year

obie went platinum, just about at a time when bootleggin was bad but not even close as to how bad it is now, its keeps gettin worse and worse,

and i'll tell u why 50 and game are better....

they both offer way more as artists...

dont come down?? just bacuase its a concept song, dont mean shit, its a dope track, but he made sicker tracks on cheers than that......hhe got nice lines, but nuttin more, he is not nowhere near a level yet where he can be identified simply for his lyrics, like yeah his got made lines that make him better than 50 or game!........
i mean, if u wanna talk about lyrics, i could mention game start from scratch, lyrically sick and twice the joint dont come down is.....game got a better flow, better vioce, he style is better as in he keeps u listening.........everyone knows cheers has sick production......so why was grodt and documentary way better??.....and yeah homie, grodt was off the hook, everyone felt that, from the hood, to the bitches, to the white boys, everyone....i mean thee will always be geeks and shit who say the album was wack but overall everyone knows that album was straght heat.....was 50 offered more production wise than obie? no...........he had dre beats and a couple em beats but he has less known producers aswell......obie had top notch made producers on his album but obies problem was he couldnt keep up with the production.... and i agree, em made a mistake taking out got some teeth as first single, but what was obie thinking spittin got some teeth?....and i think if he released oh as the first single, setup would have been a nice follow up but not to got some teeth.....

50 is better than obie because while his not lyrically as sick as obie, he got way more to his game than obie..........better joints, better hooks, nice flow, decent lines...sometimes he even comes real nice.........check not enough, hate it or love it, how we do...he comes nice alot of times.....

now i aint saying obie is wack or anything but for the production he has, he dissapointed on the mic.......cheers is nothing more than a 3.5/3.75 album.....

get rich an documentary are both much much better.......

peace