Author Topic: If Kobe isn't MVP, its going to be  (Read 385 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: If Kobe isn't MVP, its going to be
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 11:53:03 PM »
Billups is currently NOT MVP material.

doesnt seem to be the same opinion of those around the league. as a matter of fact, i havent heard a whole lot of buzz about a Kobe/MVP....except from you guys that is lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 12:10:16 AM »
Billups is currently NOT MVP material.

doesnt seem to be the same opinion of those around the league. as a matter of fact, i havent heard a whole lot of buzz about a Kobe/MVP....except from you guys that is lol
I here them talking about Kobe for MVP considerations several times on sportscenter.

T-Dub

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 01:59:46 AM »
The MVP award doesn't really represent the most valuable player.  It should mean who is the most valuable to their team.  It's not always a talent award and it's not always about the best numbers.  The main thing is that your team is winning.  The MVP could be less productive stat-wise than other players in the league.  You can be a great player, all around but if your team isn't winning or is not on top of the league but more so in the middle of the pact then the chances of getting it are slim.  Kobe doesn't necessarily make the players around him better.  Nash did. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 10:42:52 AM »
Kobe doesn't make the players around him better? LMAO...Tell that to Smush Parker, Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins, Chris Mihm, Jumain Jones, Laron Profit etc. all who came to the Lakers to play their best basketball alongside Kobe. It's funny how Tone claims he never heard anyone talking about Kobe for MVP other than Laker fans, yet he has 3 "player of the week" awards (more than any other player) and has 2 consecutive honors...Remind me the last time a player has had 3 player of the week awards in the first 7 weeks of the season... :-X

acbaylove

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »
Plus he's leading all the guards in the All Star votings..