Author Topic: If Kobe isn't MVP, its going to be  (Read 700 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: If Kobe isn't MVP, its going to be
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 06:04:05 PM »
LMAO@Billups over Kobe...You have to be out your fuckin mind if you honestly think Billups is as valuable to his team as Kobe. Tone, you're such a fuckin' blatant hater man...LOL, Kobe has already captured 3 player of the week awards (including 2 consecutive honors). That's more than anyone so far...After this suspension, look for him to really tear the league up, more so than he already has been...Kobe=MVP...PeACe

shut up man. Kobe is OBVIOUSLY more valuable to his particular team. But thats only because his team is shit. But Billups shouldnt be punished because he has an amazing squad. Billups has been underrated ever since college in my opinion. Shit, even IN college this dood was off the chain and underrated. He just didnt get the national spotlight that Iverson was getting at the time. Its harder to shine as an individual when youre part of a great team. When youre on a shitty team, its easy to stand out. Back when i was younger (like 14), i was in this summer league playin ball. A homie of mine ran the league, and the building of teams. There was like 5 or 6 of us that were the best in the league. I told him to put me on a shitty squad so i could see how good id be playin on that team. My team sucked lol But i was scoring like 25+ points per game. I looked like the MVP...even tho there were about 4 or 5 other players in the league as good as me. Their teams were much better. Does that mean i deserve it more then them? No.

LMAO...Your argument is fucking ridiculous. Do you honestly believe Billups is nearly as good as Kobe? LOLLL. Can you look yourself in the mirror and honestly tell yourself "the Lakers would be a better team with Chauncy Billups leading instead of Kobe Bryant"...Come on man, this is ridiculous...

1.Kobe
2.Brand
V
V
V
V
V
8.Billups

Get the point? Shit, Billups ain't even the best on his team, let alone the best in the league. Billups can compete with Jamaal Tinsely and Troy Hudson, NOT Kobe, shit not even LeBron... ::)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 06:11:05 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 06:07:57 PM »
If Kobe isn't MVP (but he is), i say Billups too. Even if i don't like him and the way he plays (too much individual, too much one on one.. without Brown he's doing whatever the fuck he wanna do, in offence), i gotta recognize he's leading the Pistons expecially in offence, and he's leading them to an incredible record. But a player i love to see and i'd love to give him an MVP award is Paul Pierce. I know he'll not win this trophy, but i just wanted to say it.

Shit, Paul Pierce is more valuable than Billups...Don't get me wrong, Billups has a great style, I love his game, but he just isn't a top 5 player...Paul Pierce is great, he doesn't deserve the honor, but he's great. As for Billups? Shit, I don't even think he's the best on his team...Hasn't even made an all-star team yet. Place him on the Hawks and he's another Joe Johnson...Come on ya'll, please tell me you're smarter than to claim Billups is seeing Kobe...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 06:10:29 PM »
The people that are saying Billups are putting themselves in the minds of the voters.  Im sure the people that have said Billups have other players in mind that should win the MVP award. 

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 06:19:17 PM »
If Kobe isn't MVP (but he is), i say Billups too. Even if i don't like him and the way he plays (too much individual, too much one on one.. without Brown he's doing whatever the fuck he wanna do, in offence), i gotta recognize he's leading the Pistons expecially in offence, and he's leading them to an incredible record. But a player i love to see and i'd love to give him an MVP award is Paul Pierce. I know he'll not win this trophy, but i just wanted to say it.

u like Kobe's game....but DONT like Billups cus you say HE'S too one on one?

I don't like playmakers with that attitude.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 06:29:01 PM by ACB »

acbaylove

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »
The people that are saying Billups are putting themselves in the minds of the voters.  Im sure the people that have said Billups have other players in mind that should win the MVP award.

Exactly. I mean Billups has great stats and the Pistons have an incredible record. Plus he's the MVP of the last finals. So he's the best candidate if you cut Kobe from the list. I think if they'll not give it to Kobe they'll give it to him. But i don't love him so much to give him my personal MVP trophy. I'd rather give it to Pierce. Or, if i have to choose a Piston, i'd rather give it to Prince (shit i love this dude) or Ben Wallace (you gotta respect the way he plays). Anyway Pierce is my personal non-Kobe MVP. He's 100% tecnique.. He's like Allan Houston: i'd spend hours watching his shot tecnique.. I love players who are so good in fundamentals. Todays rookies don't know them.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 10:19:28 PM »

with what attitude? Billups isnt really a score first type of guy. he's a floor leader that gets his team the best shot....whether its him, Rip, Sheed....whoever.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »
LMAO@Billups over Kobe...You have to be out your fuckin mind if you honestly think Billups is as valuable to his team as Kobe. Tone, you're such a fuckin' blatant hater man...LOL, Kobe has already captured 3 player of the week awards (including 2 consecutive honors). That's more than anyone so far...After this suspension, look for him to really tear the league up, more so than he already has been...Kobe=MVP...PeACe

shut up man. Kobe is OBVIOUSLY more valuable to his particular team. But thats only because his team is shit. But Billups shouldnt be punished because he has an amazing squad. Billups has been underrated ever since college in my opinion. Shit, even IN college this dood was off the chain and underrated. He just didnt get the national spotlight that Iverson was getting at the time. Its harder to shine as an individual when youre part of a great team. When youre on a shitty team, its easy to stand out. Back when i was younger (like 14), i was in this summer league playin ball. A homie of mine ran the league, and the building of teams. There was like 5 or 6 of us that were the best in the league. I told him to put me on a shitty squad so i could see how good id be playin on that team. My team sucked lol But i was scoring like 25+ points per game. I looked like the MVP...even tho there were about 4 or 5 other players in the league as good as me. Their teams were much better. Does that mean i deserve it more then them? No.

LMAO...Your argument is fucking ridiculous. Do you honestly believe Billups is nearly as good as Kobe? LOLLL. Can you look yourself in the mirror and honestly tell yourself "the Lakers would be a better team with Chauncy Billups leading instead of Kobe Bryant"...Come on man, this is ridiculous...

1.Kobe
2.Brand
V
V
V
V
V
8.Billups

Get the point? Shit, Billups ain't even the best on his team, let alone the best in the league. Billups can compete with Jamaal Tinsely and Troy Hudson, NOT Kobe, shit not even LeBron... ::)

"as good as Kobe"? this isnt a one on one game NIK. Physical talent, goes to Kobe. Basketball smarts, Billups. I dont think there is ONE team in the league that wouldnt benifet from having Billups join their squad. Not ONE. but there are teams that would pass on Kobe. Not because Kobe isnt good, but because he can throw off their chemistry. if my team had the chance to get Kobe, i wouldnt want them too because they already have a nice fit all around. But Billups...id take him. He can fit into any teams scheme. The MVP isnt always about whos the "best" in the league. There arent many arguments right now out there for Kobe bein the best anyways (other then you Laker fans). If the MVP was always about whos the best, how many would Jordan have won? How many did he actually win? Fuck, Steve Nash won last year...would u say he is the best player in the league? lol hell no. Like someone else said, Nash wasnt the best player on his team either. As for whether the Lakers would be better with Billups instead of Kobe, to be honest, maybe. Billups doesnt dominate games offensively, but he puts his teammates in more positions to succeed then Kobe i believe. He's a point guard, so its different. But he sets up everyone really well. To me, a dominate 2 guard (other then Jordan) doesnt mean shit. A dominate big man, or a dominate point guard are huge. Both of those positions are set up positions. You win in basketball by getting the best shot possible everytime down the floor. Not by one guy taking every shot whether its good or not. You guys just dont care for Billups cus he doesnt bring the flash that you want. But he's solid and consistent.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 11:18:46 AM »

Billups isnt really a score first type of guy.

LMFAO

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 11:27:30 AM »

1.Kobe
2.Brand
V
V
V
V
V
8.Billups

"as good as Kobe"? this isnt a one on one game NIK. Physical talent, goes to Kobe. Basketball smarts, Billups. I dont think there is ONE team in the league that wouldnt benifet from having Billups join their squad. Not ONE. but there are teams that would pass on Kobe. Not because Kobe isnt good, but because he can throw off their chemistry. if my team had the chance to get Kobe, i wouldnt want them too because they already have a nice fit all around. But Billups...id take him. He can fit into any teams scheme. The MVP isnt always about whos the "best" in the league. There arent many arguments right now out there for Kobe bein the best anyways (other then you Laker fans). If the MVP was always about whos the best, how many would Jordan have won? How many did he actually win? Fuck, Steve Nash won last year...would u say he is the best player in the league? lol hell no. Like someone else said, Nash wasnt the best player on his team either. As for whether the Lakers would be better with Billups instead of Kobe, to be honest, maybe. Billups doesnt dominate games offensively, but he puts his teammates in more positions to succeed then Kobe i believe. He's a point guard, so its different. But he sets up everyone really well. To me, a dominate 2 guard (other then Jordan) doesnt mean shit. A dominate big man, or a dominate point guard are huge. Both of those positions are set up positions. You win in basketball by getting the best shot possible everytime down the floor. Not by one guy taking every shot whether its good or not. You guys just dont care for Billups cus he doesnt bring the flash that you want. But he's solid and consistent.

If I cared about the "flash", I'd be on T-Mac and LeBron's nuts...You just always seem to miss the point. Billups is currently NOT MVP material. He's a really good player, don't get me wrong, but he can simply be replaced. Put Joe Johnson on Detroit instead of Billups. Put Jamaal Tinsley, put Sam Cassel, shit, a lot of players can replace Billups and the team would still be amazing...Billups on Minnesota, Billups on Denver, Billups on Boston was never MVP material...So what makes him an MVP caliber player now? Because he has an amazing supporting cast that would make a Sam Cassel look like the MVP? The point is, Kobe is simply more valuable...I dunno where you got the idea that only Laker fans say he's the best in the league, I've heard it from so many opposing coaches, analysts, just all around the world... people claim Kobe is the best in the league more than any other player, I can assure you of that...I can also assure you that Billups is not nearly as valuable a player as Kobe is, and most likely NEVER will be...Get the point yet?

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2006, 01:23:48 PM »

Billups isnt really a score first type of guy.

LMFAO

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 10:53:03 PM »
Billups is currently NOT MVP material.

doesnt seem to be the same opinion of those around the league. as a matter of fact, i havent heard a whole lot of buzz about a Kobe/MVP....except from you guys that is lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »
Billups is currently NOT MVP material.

doesnt seem to be the same opinion of those around the league. as a matter of fact, i havent heard a whole lot of buzz about a Kobe/MVP....except from you guys that is lol
I here them talking about Kobe for MVP considerations several times on sportscenter.

T-Dub

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »
The MVP award doesn't really represent the most valuable player.  It should mean who is the most valuable to their team.  It's not always a talent award and it's not always about the best numbers.  The main thing is that your team is winning.  The MVP could be less productive stat-wise than other players in the league.  You can be a great player, all around but if your team isn't winning or is not on top of the league but more so in the middle of the pact then the chances of getting it are slim.  Kobe doesn't necessarily make the players around him better.  Nash did. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 09:42:52 AM »
Kobe doesn't make the players around him better? LMAO...Tell that to Smush Parker, Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins, Chris Mihm, Jumain Jones, Laron Profit etc. all who came to the Lakers to play their best basketball alongside Kobe. It's funny how Tone claims he never heard anyone talking about Kobe for MVP other than Laker fans, yet he has 3 "player of the week" awards (more than any other player) and has 2 consecutive honors...Remind me the last time a player has had 3 player of the week awards in the first 7 weeks of the season... :-X

acbaylove

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »
Plus he's leading all the guards in the All Star votings..