Author Topic: For Everyone that hates on Kanye West  (Read 655 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: For Everyone that hates on Kanye West
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 11:48:06 AM »
I liked Hey Mama better off the advance too)kanye always changes his songs too much), the new one seems too busy.  Musically, it is very impressive though.

I don't really get how people hate on Kanye's music though..............the guy puts TIME AND EFFORT into his music, something very few rappers try to do.  He PUSHES THE ENVELOPE, does not rap about the same tired ass shit, and experiments with different sounds, etc. 

He had much success with College Dropout, but didn't do a carbon copy even though it would have sold a couple million guaranteed. 

And who gives a fuck if he is gay or not? Speaking out against homophobia does not make someone gay, nor does dressing up once in awhile.  Besides, WHY DO YA"LL CARE HOW SOMEONE DRESSES OR ACTS ANYWAY, its just music!!!

And SHALLOW, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF KANYE MAKES MONEY OR NOT???  The fact that he was willing to spend 3 million on an album, or that he produced his own THorugh the Wire video when noone believed in him should tell you he's about the art and making quality music, not money.  Besides, the fact that his record label (GOOD MUSIC) is nominated for 20 GRAMMIES should bring in a little money, as well as all the other joints he does for artists.  You realize artists don't make their money off cd's. but off touring........and have you any idea how successful the "tough the sky" tour was.............

I can see how people could not feel kanye's music, but calling him gay, saying he has not talent is ridiculous.  He is one of the best overall artists in hiphop and has succeeded despite being a little different, and its pretty hard to deny his influence on the game.............

Yeah some of the replys here are crazy.

"I like his music but hes gay."

I mean wtf is that  ???

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »
i dont hate kanye musically but i do hate him lyrically at the moment, he needs to put some time and effort into his lyrics. Hey Mama was recorded years back maybe thats y lyrically its on point. 

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »
barely broke even ?? so you mean he didnt get any cheese ??? when you certified platinum you get $$$$$$$ , also dont ignore all the magazines, websites that are dying for photo shoots, interviews thats $$$
then you got the $$$$ coming from his sold out shows and concerts
so
kanye >>>>>you  :P

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 01:54:05 PM »
It is a great song. I've been feeling Addiction lately too.

Dude's ego makes me wanna hate him and his music though.

hell yeah! "Addiction" is...well addictive.

and co-sign on the ego. If dude could just accept not winning every award, i dont think he'd recieve as much hate.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

youngmessnucca

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »
Teecee, you were very on point with everything u said i feel. Kanye does put hella effort into his music and the music envokes feeling. there was great instrumentation on this album, Its sad how people on this board complain about eveyone doing the same old thing, and when someone does finally do something different he gets hated on  ???

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »
Teecee, you were very on point with everything u said i feel. Kanye does put hella effort into his music and the music envokes feeling. there was great instrumentation on this album, Its sad how people on this board complain about eveyone doing the same old thing, and when someone does finally do something different he gets hated on  ???

yep teecee was on point

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 04:11:56 PM »
And SHALLOW, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF KANYE MAKES MONEY OR NOT???  The fact that he was willing to spend 3 million on an album, or that he produced his own THorugh the Wire video when noone believed in him should tell you he's about the art and making quality music, not money.  Besides, the fact that his record label (GOOD MUSIC) is nominated for 20 GRAMMIES should bring in a little money, as well as all the other joints he does for artists.  You realize artists don't make their money off cd's. but off touring........and have you any idea how successful the "tough the sky" tour was.............

I can see how people could not feel kanye's music, but calling him gay, saying he has not talent is ridiculous.  He is one of the best overall artists in hiphop and has succeeded despite being a little different, and its pretty hard to deny his influence on the game.............

The guy I responded to cares about money. He compared him to Ali in that respect. Ali was the biggest money maker in sports in his prime and Kanye is not the biggest money maker in music. He's not even close. His CD had to go 2.2 or 2.4 platinum to break even, it barely did that, and his concert tour wasn't all that high the revenue list. )P.S., I think I heard him say he spent 600 grand on the album, not 3 million, but I don't have any proof. Can you proove he spent 3 mil?)

Here's the list;

1. The Rolling Stones $162.0 / $133.98

2. U2 $138.9 / $96.92

3. Celine Dion $81.3 / $136.04

4. Paul McCartney $77.3 / $135.46

5. Eagles $76.8 / $104.17

6. Elton John $65.8 / $102.46

7. Kenny Chesney $61.8 / $54.63

8. Dave Matthews Band $57.0 / $47.09

9. Neil Diamond $47.3 / $63.02

10. Jimmy Buffett $41.0 / $76.49

11. Mötley Crüe $39.9 / $46.48

12. Green Day $34.8 / $38.07

13. Toby Keith $31.6 / $46.11

14. Rascal Flatts $28.2 / $34.92

15. Bruce Springsteen $26.3 / $81.00

16. Gwen Stefani $24.2 / $54.46

17. Coldplay $24.1 / $40.80

18. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers $23.6 / $38.05

19. Barry Manilow $22.7 / $153.93

20. "Anger Management Tour" $21.6 / $64.03

Where's Kanye?

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=6558

for some more info on the tours;

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/12/29/1372748-ap.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/6/story.cfm?c_id=6&ObjectID=10362284

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/lifestyle/bal-to.tours02jan02,1,7557667.story?coll=bal-artslife-today&ctrack=1&cset=true

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46212

Kanye is nowhere on the list.

As for the quality of his music. I don't care for it. I think his lyrics are simple and often stupid or goofy. I think his sample are blatant and not very altered or creative (I listen to the originals of Jesus Walks, Diamonds Are Forever, Through the Wire, or Gold Digger and like the old ones better). I think his flow and delivery is mediocre. I think he is great at one thing though; he is amazing at convincing people (stupid teenage white girls) that he is a musical genius. It doesn't take much genius to sample and loop great old songs and spit pretentious nursery rhymes over them, but that's just my opinion. (of course I have hated him as a producer ever since he sample CSN's Chicago for Beanie Sigel's The Truth and didn't give credit, and people thought he composed it).

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 04:25:34 PM »
I can't believe some of you like "Addiction".  That song is awful, easily worst on the album.

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 04:59:42 PM »
Those numbers prove nothing. All of those artists listed have been around for a while. Kanye is a relatively new artist so of course he has yet to reach those numbers.

And Addiction > Gold Digger & Celebration
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 05:14:56 PM »
Those numbers prove nothing. All of those artists listed have been around for a while. Kanye is a relatively new artist so of course he has yet to reach those numbers.

The numbers proove that he isn't the top selling guy in the industry. Gwen Stefani sold just as many copies and made more in ticket sales, and she hasn't been around that much longer. Em hasn't been around all that much longer and his album sold more copies than both of Kanye's combined and Em's album sucked. All I'm saying is that Kanye is not Ali right now.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 05:40:05 PM »

The numbers proove that he isn't the top selling guy in the industry. Gwen Stefani sold just as many copies and made more in ticket sales, and she hasn't been around that much longer. Em hasn't been around all that much longer and his album sold more copies than both of Kanye's combined and Em's album sucked. All I'm saying is that Kanye is not Ali right now.

lol gwen stefani has been around since like 96, i mean who didnt own tragic kingdom?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 05:45:28 PM »

lol gwen stefani has been around since like 96, i mean who didnt own tragic kingdom?

I thought No Doubt first came out around 95?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 06:02:18 PM »

Yeah but she's not a legend like the top of the list and her solo album is way different than the No Doubt stuff that sold, and the fan base is different. Everyone I know who owns Kingdom hates the Stefani album.

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 06:19:40 PM »
That doesn't take away from the fact that she is still a way more established artist than Kanye is, which explains her larger record sales.....like those really matter quality-wise.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 06:22:38 PM »
That doesn't take away from the fact that she is still a way more established artist than Kanye is, which explains her larger record sales.....like those really matter quality-wise.

Okay fine. Rascal Flatts aren't any more established that Kanye. Two double platinum albums, and they have only been around for a couple years.

And all I said was that Kanye isn't THE top earner. I never said he wasn't popular. I still think he sucks though.