Author Topic: For Everyone that hates on Kanye West  (Read 660 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: For Everyone that hates on Kanye West
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »
Dont car what people say that song is great and i was feeling it

To me classic track that relates to a majority of college and high school students that try to just make their parents proud in making of themselves

Which song?

Hey mama track

Oh. Thought it was Addiction you were talking about.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 04:34:26 AM »
hey mama off of late registration has to be one of the best songs ive heard in the longest time.  i been listnein to this song so much lately and its real good.  got some real meaning and he pours his heart into this track.  when i listen to it i feel like it was written for me and my mom.  for you westcoast fans that like 2pac dear mama, which i love also, gotta hear this track its right there with it.

"Hey Mama"

[Chorus]
(Hey Mama), I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you
Let me tell you what I'm about to do, (Hey Mama)
I know I act a fool but, I promise you I'm goin back to school
I appreciate what you allowed for me
I just want you to be proud of me (Hey Mama)

[Verse 1]
I wanna tell the whole world about a friend of mine
This little light of mine and I'm finna let it shine
I'm finna take yall back to them better times
I'm finna talk about my mama if yall don't mind
I was three years old, when you and I moved to the Chi
Late December, harsh winter gave me a cold
You fixed me up something that was good for my soul
Famous homemade chicken soup, can I have another bowl?
You work late nights just to keep on the lights
Mommy got me training wheels so I could keep on my bike
And you would give anything in this world
Michael Jackson leather and a glove, but didn't give me a curl
And you never put no man over me
And I love you for that mommy cant you see?
Seven years old, caught you with tears in your eyes
Cuz a nigga cheatin, telling you lies, then I started to cry
As we knelt on the kitchen floor
I said mommy Imma love you till you don't hurt no more
And when I'm older, you aint gotta work no more
And Imma get you that mansion that we couldn't afford
See you're, unbreakable, unmistakable
Highly capable, lady that's makin loot
A livin legend too, just look at what heaven do
Send us an angel, and I thank you (Hey Mama)

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
Forrest Gump mama said, life is like a box of chocolates
My mama told me go to school, get your doctorate
Somethin to fall back on, you could profit with
But still supported me when I did the opposite
Now I feel like it's things I gotta get
Things I gotta do, just to prove to you
You was getting through, can the choir please
Give me a verse of "You, Are So Beautiful To Me"
Can't you see, you're like a book of poetry
Maya Angelou, Nicky Giovanni, turn one page and there's my mommy
Come on mommy just dance wit me, let the whole world see your dancing feet
Now when I say Hey, yall say Mama, now everybody answer me (Hey Mama)

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
I guess it also depends tho, if my ends low
Second they get up you gon get that Benzo
Tint the windows, ride around the city and let ya friends know (Hey Mama)

[Verse 3]
Tell your job you gotta fake em out
Since you brought me in this world, let me take you out
To a restaurant, upper echelon
Imma get you a jag, whatever else you want
Just tell me what kind of S-Type Donda West like?
Tell me the perfect color so I make it just right
It don't gotta be Mother's Day, or your birthday
For me to just call and say (Hey Mama)

[Chorus (with variations)]

I fucks with him.since he dissed bush stupid ass....big-up.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 08:03:38 AM »
Shallow - Props for arguing your points, which are valid.  I agree that its somewhat wack when songs are completely ripped off.  I hold Puffy in a different light than I do Dre or Kanye though.  Puffy blatantly and unapologetically ripped off songs that were already number 1 hits.  And it wasn't like he took 1 element from those songs, and looped it (i.e. breakbeats).  He basically took the song, and threw a rapper on it, and inevitably it blew up.  But just because Dre and Kanye do it from more obscure music doesn't necessariy make it right, but to me, its more credible.  Thats how hip-hop was born - cats didn't have instruments back in the day, but they had records that they could jack instrument sounds from so thats what they did.

Listen to Stranded on Death Row from the Chronic.  The drums on that song are jacked from "When the Levy Breaks" from Led Zeppelin.  Now thats a well known song to some, but it's not like he did to capitalize of the fame of that song.  He did it because those drums SMACK. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »
^ not stranded on death row, but lyrical gang band.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 10:31:52 AM »
Shallow - Props for arguing your points, which are valid.  I agree that its somewhat wack when songs are completely ripped off.  I hold Puffy in a different light than I do Dre or Kanye though.  Puffy blatantly and unapologetically ripped off songs that were already number 1 hits.  And it wasn't like he took 1 element from those songs, and looped it (i.e. breakbeats).  He basically took the song, and threw a rapper on it, and inevitably it blew up.  But just because Dre and Kanye do it from more obscure music doesn't necessariy make it right, but to me, its more credible.  Thats how hip-hop was born - cats didn't have instruments back in the day, but they had records that they could jack instrument sounds from so thats what they did.

Listen to Stranded on Death Row from the Chronic.  The drums on that song are jacked from "When the Levy Breaks" from Led Zeppelin.  Now thats a well known song to some, but it's not like he did to capitalize of the fame of that song.  He did it because those drums SMACK. 

I obviously hold Dre in a higher light than Puffy. It just gets me mad when people give him credit for something like G Thang like he composed it. On 2001 he didn't even give credit. When you take different aspects from different songs and put them together to form a new instrumental then I consider it it artistic. When you base your entire song off one or or aspects of a song you ripped off and not even have the decency to give credit then I have no respect for that.

I know what hip hop was built on, but I don't buy the fact that they didn't or couldn't have played instruments. Musicianship was a key aspect of black society in the years where they had it alot worse and were a lot poorer. That doesn't mean I don't respect the art of sampling or DJing, but I don't consider it very artistic unless it's something like taking one or two little noises from a song and mixing and scratching it to sound like something good, or when the stolen instrumental serves as a back drop for the important part of the song which would be the rapper.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2006, 05:24:31 PM »

I obviously hold Dre in a higher light than Puffy. It just gets me mad when people give him credit for something like G Thang like he composed it. On 2001 he didn't even give credit. When you take different aspects from different songs and put them together to form a new instrumental then I consider it it artistic. When you base your entire song off one or or aspects of a song you ripped off and not even have the decency to give credit then I have no respect for that.

I know what hip hop was built on, but I don't buy the fact that they didn't or couldn't have played instruments. Musicianship was a key aspect of black society in the years where they had it alot worse and were a lot poorer. That doesn't mean I don't respect the art of sampling or DJing, but I don't consider it very artistic unless it's something like taking one or two little noises from a song and mixing and scratching it to sound like something good, or when the stolen instrumental serves as a back drop for the important part of the song which would be the rapper.

Word.  I don't like people with no originial talent.  They gotta be snatchin' beats to make it heat.  It's all bogus to me.  I bet you that many  rappers/ producers don't know how to compose.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2006, 09:26:46 AM »
^^

so to you SCOTT STORCH >>>> DR DRE

he shits on dre then right?? because scott storch doesn't ever sample he uses the keys

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »
^^

so to you SCOTT STORCH >>>> DR DRE

he shits on dre then right?? because scott storch doesn't ever sample he uses the keys

As a composer and musician of course Scott Stotch is better than Dre. Is he a better producer? No. Dre is a great producer and I'm sure Kanye is too. I just think it's bullshit that they get prause for being composers. A producer guides the record. Tells the rapper how to rap, or fizes a few parts of the verse to suit the song, changes the instruments round, adjusts the tempo of the song, chooses which parts should be focused on and which should be in the background (for example the flute will be really loud while the piano is soft), helps mix the record, and works on the sound quality, (sometimes a great producer chooses a very distorted sound rather than a crystal clear one because it suits the record better).

It's real simple, it's just too many hip hop fans confuse the word producer with music writer.