Author Topic: Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide. lol  (Read 417 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide. lol
« on: January 05, 2006, 11:11:34 PM »
ROME (Reuters) - Forget the U.S. debate over intelligent design versus evolution.

An Italian court is tackling Jesus -- and whether the Roman Catholic Church may be breaking the law by teaching that he existed 2,000 years ago.

The case pits against each other two men in their 70s, who are from the same central Italian town and even went to the same seminary school in their teenage years.

The defendant, Enrico Righi, went on to become a priest writing for the parish newspaper. The plaintiff, Luigi Cascioli, became a vocal atheist who, after years of legal wrangling, is set to get his day in court later this month.

"I started this lawsuit because I wanted to deal the final blow against the Church, the bearer of obscurantism and regression," Cascioli told Reuters.

Cascioli says Righi, and by extension the whole Church, broke two Italian laws. The first is "Abuso di Credulita Popolare" (Abuse of Popular Belief) meant to protect people against being swindled or conned. The second crime, he says, is "Sostituzione di Persona", or impersonation.

"The Church constructed Christ upon the personality of John of Gamala," Cascioli claimed, referring to the 1st century Jew who fought against the Roman army.

A court in Viterbo will hear from Righi, who has yet to be indicted, at a January 27 preliminary hearing meant to determine whether the case has enough merit to go forward.

"In my book, The Fable of Christ, I present proof Jesus did not exist as a historic figure. He must now refute this by showing proof of Christ's existence," Cascioli said.

Speaking to Reuters, Righi, 76, sounded frustrated by the case and baffled as to why Cascioli -- who, like him, came from the town of Bagnoregio -- singled him out in his crusade against the Church.

"We're both from Bagnoregio, both of us. We were in seminary together. Then he took a different path and we didn't see each other anymore," Righi said.

"Since I'm a priest, and I write in the parish newspaper, he is now suing me because I 'trick' the people."

Righi claims there is plenty of evidence to support the existence of Jesus, including historical texts.

He also claims that justice is on his side. The judge presiding over the hearing has tried, repeatedly, to dismiss the case -- prompting appeals from Cascioli.

"Cascioli says he didn't exist. And I said that he did," he said. "The judge will to decide if Christ exists or not."

Even Cascioli admits that the odds are against him, especially in Roman Catholic Italy.

"It would take a miracle to win," he joked.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Sikotic™

Re: Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide. lol
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 11:40:06 PM »
This reminds me of some movie with Antonio Banderas I saw back in the day where he tried to see whether Jesus really existed. It was called The Body I think.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 12:02:19 AM »
I'm scarface coked up you know what?

K A I N

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 04:50:08 AM »
If Jesus doesn't show up then he's fake  ;)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »
wtf ???

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 07:44:28 AM »
Has this happened before? If so, what were the outcomes?

Indie Visual

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 10:38:15 AM »
Jesus is bullshit and never existed.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 03:33:36 AM »
Italian people are fuckin nuts! ???

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 07:05:18 AM »
jesus did exist but he wasn't called jesus,that why they might not find him,they should check up his mum name in thier birth records ,then track him down 8)
United Arab States

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 07:10:51 AM »
of course he exist. duh

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 08:55:05 AM »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Indie Visual

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 09:21:06 AM »
of course he exist. duh

why?

why not?

why not not?  lol.  if you're answer to wether jesus existed is "why not?" you have problems... is jesus a myth.. why not.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 09:25:32 AM »
of course he exist. duh

why?

why not?

why not not?  lol.  if you're answer to wether jesus existed is "why not?" you have problems... is jesus a myth.. why not.

no i meant show me why he didnt existed.

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
of course he exist. duh

why?

why not?

no i meant show me why he didnt existed.

no.. show proof me that he did!!!