Author Topic: Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party  (Read 1007 times)

jeromechickenbone

Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party
« on: January 08, 2006, 02:47:59 PM »
Just heard this song courtesy of J bananas.  And wow, Mobb Deep cut their fucking nuts off to try to get at 50's market.  If you ain't heard it, 50 has the first verse (surprise surprise) and you can hear his ass going G-G-G-G-G-Unit the entire fucking song.  Did Havoc produce this?  Hav's verse comes off pretty good, P is sub-par (what else is new), and 50 is, well 50.  Nate is OK, nothing amazing.  Where are the people that said Mobb wasn't gonna switch their sound up?  I'm guessing with both 50 and Nate, this is their lead single for their album?  I really liked Amerikas Nightmare, too.  My anticipation for this album dropped greatly when they signed to G-Unit, and dropped even more after hearing this song.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »
produced by fredwreck!

two reasons to like this song for fredwreck production and nate, 50 and mobb deep dont mix in my opinion
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 03:53:27 PM »
Yes, i've never met a Fredwreck / Nate collabo that i didn't like.  And i'm glad the west is getting shine, i just wish they could do it without 50.  Mobb Deep has made club joints before but they usually have a darker / grimier feel to them.   I'm more disgusted with 50 being on there saying G-Unit every 3 seconds.  Hopefully the album isn't full of this type of shit, because Mobb will just end up alienating their long time supporters.

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:20:41 PM »
I don't see how this song is really all that different from other Mobb Deep club joints.  Everybody seems to like "It's Mine" and "Got It Twisted", and this song would fit in perfectly with those two if it weren't for 50's guest verse and Nate Dogg on the hook (although P and Hav did work with Nate before on "Dump") - at the very least, it's far harder than the "Outta Control" remix.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 05:28:35 PM »
I don't see how this song is really all that different from other Mobb Deep club joints. Everybody seems to like "It's Mine" and "Got It Twisted", and this song would fit in perfectly with those two if it weren't for 50's guest verse and Nate Dogg on the hook (although P and Hav did work with Nate before on "Dump") - at the very least, it's far harder than the "Outta Control" remix.

Got It Twisted was much darker sounding, imo - even using that 80's sample.  And Outta Control remix was def dope, but that was 50 feat Mobb Deep.  You admit the song is different because of 50 - and that is my point.  As a fan of Mobb, this isnt really the sound that i'm checking for.  I don't wanna hear 50, and i sure as fuck don't wanna hear him yelling g-unit all over the track. If i want that sound, i'll buy a 50 cent CD.  Judging by this single, they aren't dropping music to appeal to the people that have been supporting them throughout their careers, they are admittedly tapping into 50's teeny bopper crowd.  I'm all for making $, but i think it's a questionable call musically.

Eihtball

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 05:46:30 PM »
Got It Twisted was much darker sounding, imo - even using that 80's sample.  And Outta Control remix was def dope, but that was 50 feat Mobb Deep.  You admit the song is different because of 50 - and that is my point.  As a fan of Mobb, this isnt really the sound that i'm checking for.  I don't wanna hear 50, and i sure as fuck don't wanna hear him yelling g-unit all over the track. If i want that sound, i'll buy a 50 cent CD.  Judging by this single, they aren't dropping music to appeal to the people that have been supporting them throughout their careers, they are admittedly tapping into 50's teeny bopper crowd.  I'm all for making $, but i think it's a questionable call musically.

Aiight, "Got It Twisted" was a bit dark, but what about "It's Mine"?  Considering it samples the "Scarface" theme, it doesn't sound that grimy, and everyone seems to agree that's one of P and Hav's best songs ever.

As far as the song being different because of 50, that doesn't change the aesthetic much..."Have A Party" really doesn't sound TOO much different from other club tracks Mobb Deep has done, so 50's inclusion is forgivable and easy for me to overlook.  Anyway, I realize that Mobb Deep isn't doing much grimy shit anymore, but it's been that way for years...if you think Mobb Deep selling out is a recent thing, you're mistaken.  They haven't made a grimy album that satisfied their hardcore fans since the days of "Hell On Earth".  With "Murda Muzik", they pretty much embraced the mainstream instead of the underground repentently and haven't looked back since.  I'll admit that I was a bit dissapointed when they crossed over, but at least they still make quality music (aside from "Infamy", which was awful), and that's what matters to me.

"Have A Party" may not be great, but it's still one of the better tracks on the GRODT soundtrack (not saying much, I know...)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 05:47:54 PM »
Its pretty sad not to like a song just cause 50 is on it. Who cares if you like 50? I don't like 50, but I do like some of his music. He makes some very good music. This song is tight, and maybe if you stop associating 50 with "teeny boppers", and stop stereotyping his music (cause its not all for the ladies) then maybe you'd like a hit when it comes around. The ggggg-unit thing is annoying, but his verse ain't that bad.

"Have A Party" may not be great, but it's still one of the better tracks on the GRODT soundtrack (not saying much, I know...)

That soundtrack was one of the better albums of 2005. At least half the album was tight, imo.

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 05:58:09 PM »

That soundtrack was one of the better albums of 2005. At least half the album was tight, imo.

Half of it was tight and you call it one of the better albums of 2005? :loco:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »
Its pretty sad not to like a song just cause 50 is on it. Who cares if you like 50? I don't like 50, but I do like some of his music. He makes some very good music. This song is tight, and maybe if you stop associating 50 with "teeny boppers", and stop stereotyping his music (cause its not all for the ladies) then maybe you'd like a hit when it comes around. The ggggg-unit thing is annoying, but his verse ain't that bad.

Uh, why is it sad to not like a song cause 50 is on it? I'm sorry but thats an idiotic statement.  So when is it fair to not like a song? And if you read my earlier post, i said Outta Control was a good song, so your statement is invalid anyway.

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 06:54:14 PM »
I'd like to think I give 50 more of a chance than 99% of these Game-dickriding "G-UNot" muh'fuckas on DubCNN.  I think 50's been acting like an asshole lately, thinking he's so fly even though he's got no respect for the culture or his own fans, but I can admit that he makes quality music, and I can appreciate it when I hear it.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 08:47:40 PM »
I actually love the track which I couldnt believe, 50 is actually real nice in it.  damn prodigy has fell the fuck off

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 10:37:39 PM »
I want the old 50 back, the one that didn't rap about money... this song is ok but the G G GG G UNIT every 3 seconds ruins it a bit...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »
i hope NOBODY can actually say that him going G-G-G-G-G-G all over the chrous wasnt annoying. the song is...alright I guess. the beat was good (doesnt go well with 50 or Mobb Deep), and the chorus wasnt that good either (nate dogg is played out)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 11:52:12 PM »
This song fuckin sucks, everyone had their part in making this song wack.Matter of fact, this has gotta be one of the worst hip hop songs I've ever heard & I can't believe people like this beat (they like it just cause of Fredwreck) & actually like Nate's chorus (people still havent noticed he's fell off).

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 11:55:53 PM »
This song fuckin sucks, everyone had their part in making this song wack.Matter of fact, this has gotta be one of the worst hip hop songs I've ever heard & I can't believe people like this beat (they like it just cause of Fredwreck) & actually like Nate's chorus (people still havent noticed he's fell off).

hater