Author Topic: Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party  (Read 1010 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »
Blindly defending anything G-Unit. Gotta love Jome :grumpy:

Been a Mobb fan since the mid-90's, try again.
Funny how you avoided the whole post, not too updated on Mobb Deep, are we.. ??

I ain't avoiding shit dog.  We both know i posted a long ass time ago that i was all for M.O.P. and MOBB signing to G-Unit as long as they didn't compromise their style.  Well they're already doing it, and they haven't even dropped their albums yet. You got 50 doing the lead verse, and ad-libbing G-Unit over the whole damn track.  Not what i'm looking for when i check for MOBB DEEP.  50 been talking about how he got M.O.P. in the gym so he can tap that LL Cool J fanbase.  Not what i'm looking for when i check for M.O.P.

Jome

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 09:20:29 PM »
I ain't avoiding shit dog.  We both know i posted a long ass time ago that i was all for M.O.P. and MOBB signing to G-Unit as long as they didn't compromise their style.  Well they're already doing it, and they haven't even dropped their albums yet. You got 50 doing the lead verse, and ad-libbing G-Unit over the whole damn track.  Not what i'm looking for when i check for MOBB DEEP.  50 been talking about how he got M.O.P. in the gym so he can tap that LL Cool J fanbase.  Not what i'm looking for when i check for M.O.P.

The only thing that changed for Mobb Deep, is that they exchanged a Lil Jon cut or a 112 hook for some 50 Cent cameos, and fatter pockets.
And let's not forget bigger budgets for production, promotion, videos..

Let's have a look at the other tracks Mobb put out after they signed with G-Unit:

Poppin Bottles - Alchemist produced throwback cut a la "Got it twisted"

L'ecole du crime feat. 113 - Dark Alchemist track feat. French rapper 113, grimey heater.

Yeah - Cool little Havoc produced track about guns & crime, the usual, made for mixtapes.

The Infamous ft. 50 Cent - Alchemist brings the heat again, with a wicked sample. 50 is limited to a small chorus with very few G-Unit shouts.  :D

Gangbang Music feat. Yayo - Alchemist again, dark track Mobb Deep style, Yayo only on the chorus.

Talking Sideways - Once again dark beat, somewhat South influenced, made for mixtapes.

We on it - Weird dark beat, not the best track imo.

How you survive - Dope dark Havoc beat, shit is live, y'all don't want with H.

Not hurtin nuthin - Average Havoc beat, commercial ? No.

That's that feat. Alchemist - Hell yeah, crazy Alchemist sample, Alc even drops a verse, gangstashit!

Champions feat. Twin - Prodigy and Twin on that grimey Infamous tip, QB style.

You a shooter feat. 50 Cent - A little boring Sha Money beat, but decent track about shooting and killing.

Where's the singing ???

Where's the selling out ???

If you can take Mobb Deep jumping around in the club in button-ups with Lil Jon, I'm sure you can take some cameos from 50 Cent as well.  :wavey:

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2006, 09:28:58 PM »
My only problem with Mobb Deep being on G Unit is the fact That Prodigy keeps talking shit, like being in G Unit was Better than  being in paradise or sumthin

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »

The only thing that changed for Mobb Deep, is that they exchanged a Lil Jon cut or a 112 hook for some 50 Cent cameos, and fatter pockets.

Let's have a look at the other tracks Mobb put out after they signed with G-Unit:

L'ecole du crime feat. 113 - Dark Alchemist track feat. French rapper 113, grimey heater.

Yeah - Cool little Havoc produced track about guns & crime, the usual, made for mixtapes.

The Infamous ft. 50 Cent - Alchemist brings the heat again, with a wicked sample. 50 is limited to a small chorus with very few G-Unit shouts.  :D

Gangbang Music feat. Yayo - Alchemist again, dark track Mobb Deep style, Yayo only on the chorus.

Talking Sideways - Once again dark beat, somewhat South influenced, made for mixtapes.

That's that feat. Alchemist - Hell yeah, crazy Alchemist sample, Alc even drops a verse, gangstashit!

You a shooter feat. 50 Cent - A little boring Sha Money beat, but decent track about shooting and killing.

Where's the singing ???

If you can take Mobb Deep jumping around in the club in button-ups with Lil Jon, I'm sure you can take some cameos from 50 Cent as well.  :wavey:

I think you are kind of missing the point though Jome, all the tracks you mentioned showed up on I guess mixtapes and what ever (I'll admit to having only heard 3-4 of the tracks you listed). The first time they do a track that actually appears on a G-Unit album, and its this bullshit. I've no doubt they'll continue to drop "grimy shit" on mixtapes, but I can't help feeling that at least half of their first album on G-Unit is going to be this kind of mindless party track, which is not what I check Mobb Deep for.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »
I ain't avoiding shit dog. We both know i posted a long ass time ago that i was all for M.O.P. and MOBB signing to G-Unit as long as they didn't compromise their style. Well they're already doing it, and they haven't even dropped their albums yet. You got 50 doing the lead verse, and ad-libbing G-Unit over the whole damn track. Not what i'm looking for when i check for MOBB DEEP. 50 been talking about how he got M.O.P. in the gym so he can tap that LL Cool J fanbase. Not what i'm looking for when i check for M.O.P.

The Infamous ft. 50 Cent - Alchemist brings the heat again, with a wicked sample. 50 is limited to a small chorus with very few G-Unit shouts. :D

Where's the singing ???

If you can take Mobb Deep jumping around in the club in button-ups with Lil Jon, I'm sure you can take some cameos from 50 Cent as well. :wavey:

I appreciate your critique of Mobb Deep's recent tracks since they signed to G-Unit, and i can't front i haven't nearly heard all of them.  Problem is, your opinion on anything G-Unit is drastically different then mine, so it means nothing. 

Do you understand the definition of selling out? Who gives a fuck if they have fatter pockets, bigger budgets for production, promotion, videos, etc?  Congrats to them for getting $, but if they make bullshit music to do so then i have NO interest.  I'll say it AGAIN - From a music standpoint it's fucking wack.  You could take damn near anybody, put 50 on a verse, shout G-Unit, get a flashy video with ass everywhere.  You'd probably have a hit, and that person would get "fatter pockets".  But that's not what i'm supporting. 

So if this is such a good move for them, are you predicting a better album than "The Infamous" or "Hell on Earth"? Did those albums have huge budgets for production, promotion, videos? Did the fact that they didn't have big budgets ruin the musicianship on those albums? FUCK NO.

And for the record, I wasn't pumped with the Lil Jon cameo, but it wasn't like they signed to BME and had Lil Jon screaming all over the fuckin album.  They could have done that too, and taken advantage of the Crunk movement.  Probably would have gotten some fat pockets that way too.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2006, 04:10:10 PM »
this track was ok...50 sayin "g-unit" constantly got annoyin but u can tone it out wit the rest (i.e. nate, mobb n the beat)

i liked that talkin sidewayz track they had...havent heard any of the other onez yet

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »
"Gangbang Music" is the only track I like from them since they've been on G-Unit
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »
I think you are kind of missing the point though Jome, all the tracks you mentioned showed up on I guess mixtapes and what ever (I'll admit to having only heard 3-4 of the tracks you listed). The first time they do a track that actually appears on a G-Unit album, and its this bullshit. I've no doubt they'll continue to drop "grimy shit" on mixtapes, but I can't help feeling that at least half of their first album on G-Unit is going to be this kind of mindless party track, which is not what I check Mobb Deep for.

Your guesses and assumptions is as good as anybodys.. time will tell.

I appreciate your critique of Mobb Deep's recent tracks since they signed to G-Unit, and i can't front i haven't nearly heard all of them.  Problem is, your opinion on anything G-Unit is drastically different then mine, so it means nothing. 

Mobb Deep is the topic here, I don't care which label they are on, like you obviously can not get over.
I would have reviewed the tracks the same way if they were still on Jive, because I don't switch opinions about artists according to which label they are on, it seems like you cannot like Mobb Deep any more, or say anything unbiased about them, since they're on 50 Cent's label, and you hate him so bad that you hate everything associated with him.

Do you understand the definition of selling out? Who gives a fuck if they have fatter pockets, bigger budgets for production, promotion, videos, etc?  Congrats to them for getting $, but if they make bullshit music to do so then i have NO interest.  I'll say it AGAIN - From a music standpoint it's fucking wack.  You could take damn near anybody, put 50 on a verse, shout G-Unit, get a flashy video with ass everywhere.  You'd probably have a hit, and that person would get "fatter pockets".  But that's not what i'm supporting. 

It's time for Mobb Deep to get that motherfucking paper, don't be jealous.
It seemed like Jive was the solution, they promised much, but delivered not so much.

Now, what is selling out ??

Did you honestly think that getting 112 to sing lovesongs and dancing around with Lil Jon in the club wasn't about trying to cash in, that it wasn't selling out, but signing with 50 Cent is ??
REALITY CHECK!  :D

So if this is such a good move for them, are you predicting a better album than "The Infamous" or "Hell on Earth"? Did those albums have huge budgets for production, promotion, videos? Did the fact that they didn't have big budgets ruin the musicianship on those albums? FUCK NO.

It's 2006, get with the times! Some of you fools still living in the 90s.
Mobb Deep been putting in work since the early 90's, did it pay off yet ??
Did dark grimey Murda Music put them in the limelight with a HUGE loyal fanbase and global airplay ? No x 4.
If they actually did put out a album in Infamous/HOE-style, people would be talking about old news, and not renewing themselves.

Can't blame them for trying to end their careers with a decent retirement fund, but by all means, continue the G-Unot bashfest if you desire.  :cheers:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2006, 05:36:29 PM »
Did you honestly think that getting 112 to sing lovesongs and dancing around with Lil Jon in the club wasn't about trying to cash in, that it wasn't selling out, but signing with 50 Cent is ??

you do realize that you said the exact opposite about Nas almost signing with Murder Inc? you thought that was a bad move just because you hate Ja, but you're gonna argue with people that lost respect for Mobb Deep for signing with G-Unit?

another wow moment!

Jome

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »

you do realize that you said the exact opposite about Nas almost signing with Murder Inc? you thought that was a bad move just because you hate Ja, but you're gonna argue with people that lost respect for Mobb Deep for signing with G-Unit?

another wow moment!

Yeah, signing with Ja Rule back then would be a genius move!
We all know which way that ship sunk.

Nas goes platinum almost every time, would he be better off on a r'n'b-label with 1 (ex)star ?
Mobb Deep is lucky to reach gold, obviously this is a totally different situation.

Another "THINK BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN" moment.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »
Mobb Deep is lucky to reach gold, obviously this is a totally different situation.

Another "THINK BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN" moment.

The Infamous - Loud #66480
Released 4/25/95 dist. by RCA
Billboard 200 Hot Shot Debut 5/13/95
Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums Hot Shot Debut 5/13/95
18 weeks (5/13/95-9/9/95) on Billboard 200 peaking at #18
34 weeks (5/13/95-2/17/96) on Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums peaking at #3
Certified Gold by RIAA on 6/26/95

Hell On Earth - Loud #669920
Released 11/19/96 dist. by RCA
Sold 143,000 in its 1st week
Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums Hot Shot Debut 12/7/96
16 weeks (12/7/96-3/22/97) on Billboard 200 peaking at #6
28 weeks (12/7/96-6/17/97) on Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums peaking at #1
Certified Gold by RIAA on 4/9/97

Murda Muzik - Loud/Columbia #63715
Released 8/17/99 dist. by CRG
Sold 194,000 in its 1st week
Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums Greatest Gainer/Sales 9/4/99
Billboard Canadian Albums Chart #6 9/4/99 (dist. by Sony)
17 weeks (9/4/99-1/15/00) on Billboard 200 peaking at #3
30 weeks (8/28/99-3/18/00) on Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums peaking at #2
Certified Gold by RIAA in 9/99
Certified Platinum by RIAA in 10/99

Don't have the figures for Infamy or AN. 

Mobb Deep is the topic here, I don't care which label they are on, like you obviously can not get over.
I would have reviewed the tracks the same way if they were still on Jive, because I don't switch opinions about artists according to which label they are on, it seems like you cannot like Mobb Deep any more, or say anything unbiased about them, since they're on 50 Cent's label, and you hate him so bad that you hate everything associated with him.

Ok, i'm gonna say this as clearly as possible.  Regardless of what label its on, you obviously have different musical tastes than me - which is why i don't hold your reviews in a high regard.  As for hating 50 or anything associated with him, you need to step up your reading comprehension, and you'll see in this very thread that i thought "Outta Control" was a dope song.  So take your own advice and THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

It's time for Mobb Deep to get that motherfucking paper, don't be jealous.
It seemed like Jive was the solution, they promised much, but delivered not so much.

I hope for your sake you're high right now, because you're not worth arguing with if i have to repeat myself everytime.  My argument has NOTHING to do with them getting their $$. MORE POWER TO THEM. 

REALITY CHECK! 

i'll paste my last response since you obviously didn't grasp it:

And for the record, I wasn't pumped with the Lil Jon cameo, but it wasn't like they signed to BME and had Lil Jon screaming all over the fuckin album.  They could have done that too, and taken advantage of the Crunk movement.  Probably would have gotten some fat pockets that way too.

It's 2006, get with the times! Some of you fools still living in the 90s.
Did dark grimey Murda Music put them in the limelight with a HUGE loyal fanbase and global airplay ? No x 4.
If they actually did put out a album in Infamous/HOE-style, people would be talking about old news, and not renewing themselves.

You completely sidestepped my question here.  DO YOU THINK THIS ALBUM WILL BE BETTER THAN "THE INFAMOUS" OR "HELL ON EARTH" ?  Both of these albums are widely regarded as classics, or if nothing else, MOBB's best work.  What the fuck does the time frame in which they came have to do with ANYTHING?  I'm not talking about if the feel of the album will have that 90's grimey feeling that these two had, i'm saying: Do you think this album will be held with the high regard that these two are?

Can't blame them for trying to end their careers with a decent retirement fund, but by all means, continue the G-Unot bashfest if you desire.

You realize when you make this statement, that you are admitting they are taking this route strictly for the paper? I'M TALKING ABOUT THE MUSICAL DIRECTION THEY ARE TAKING - NOT THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS.  GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

Jome

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2006, 07:32:50 PM »
Don't have the figures for Infamy or AN.

Infamy did gold with a small margin, AN had horrible sales = declining figures.

Regardless of what label its on, you obviously have different musical tastes than me - which is why i don't hold your reviews in a high regard.

I take that as a compliment, thanks.

You completely sidestepped my question here.  DO YOU THINK THIS ALBUM WILL BE BETTER THAN "THE INFAMOUS" OR "HELL ON EARTH" ?  Both of these albums are widely regarded as classics, or if nothing else, MOBB's best work.  What the fuck does the time frame in which they came have to do with ANYTHING?  I'm not talking about if the feel of the album will have that 90's grimey feeling that these two had, i'm saying: Do you think this album will be held with the high regard that these two are?

Rhetorical question.
You're clearly asking a question, but it's not like you want to see another answer to it than the conclusion you've already made up in your mind.
Pretty good for a album not yet released.

You realize when you make this statement, that you are admitting they are taking this route strictly for the paper? I'M TALKING ABOUT THE MUSICAL DIRECTION THEY ARE TAKING - NOT THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS.  GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

Let me quote myself, since you still didn't get the point:

You want Infamous part 2 or Hell on Earth: The Sequel.
Mobb Deep doesn't want that, because they want to make money, end of story.

Eihtball

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »
The thing I've said before is, if you think Mobb Deep selling out is anything new, you're greatly mistaken.  If Mobb Deep "sold out", they sold out when "Murda Muzik" came out and went Platinum - even though that album was still dark and fairly grimy, the crossover-directed refinements to the aesthetic were still obvious.  I remember being quite dissapointed with the album when it first came out for that exact reason - though I eventually realized that maybe my expectations had just been too high.  Much as I'd like to believe differently, the Mobb ain't ever gonna make an album like "The Infamous" or "Hell On Earth" again - and really, I wouldn't want them to.  The game has changed since '95, and my expectations and tastes are much different from what they were back then.  I'll admit I'd be pissed if the Mobb put out an entire album of songs like "Have A Party", but I know that's not gonna happen.

Jome

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2006, 08:00:19 PM »
Real talk.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2006, 09:06:26 PM »

just stop man, jome is gonna anything g-unit affiliated. he'll probably even buy a lil scrappy cd now

I'll admit I'd be pissed if the Mobb put out an entire album of songs like "Have A Party", but I know that's not gonna happen.

lol aww how cute, you still have faith that g-unit is gonna come with somethin good. i lost hope after hearing yayo's album (i thought they would put out a street album to follow up with all his big shot talk).