Author Topic: Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party  (Read 1009 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mobb Deep ft. 50 and Nate Dogg - Have a Party
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2006, 04:58:22 AM »
Don't have the figures for Infamy or AN.

Infamy did gold with a small margin, AN had horrible sales = declining figures.

Regardless of what label its on, you obviously have different musical tastes than me - which is why i don't hold your reviews in a high regard.

I take that as a compliment, thanks.

You completely sidestepped my question here.  DO YOU THINK THIS ALBUM WILL BE BETTER THAN "THE INFAMOUS" OR "HELL ON EARTH" ?  Both of these albums are widely regarded as classics, or if nothing else, MOBB's best work.  What the fuck does the time frame in which they came have to do with ANYTHING?  I'm not talking about if the feel of the album will have that 90's grimey feeling that these two had, i'm saying: Do you think this album will be held with the high regard that these two are?

Rhetorical question.
You're clearly asking a question, but it's not like you want to see another answer to it than the conclusion you've already made up in your mind.
Pretty good for a album not yet released.

You realize when you make this statement, that you are admitting they are taking this route strictly for the paper? I'M TALKING ABOUT THE MUSICAL DIRECTION THEY ARE TAKING - NOT THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS.  GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

Let me quote myself, since you still didn't get the point:

Mobb Deep been putting in work since the early 90's, did it pay off yet ??
Did dark grimey Murda Music put them in the limelight with a HUGE loyal fanbase and global airplay ? No x 4.

You want Infamous part 2 or Hell on Earth: The Sequel.
Mobb Deep doesn't want that, because they want to make money, end of story.

Maybe we'll just have to wait until the album drops before making all those speculations.. At the moment they're just promoting Mobb Deep with all party and club music, but that's the way gunit always works. We cant predict how the entire album is gonna be. Although i think 50 has a big influence and i think he'll tell Mobb Deep to do some love/club songs for better sales. After all it's 50 who'll have the most profit out of the new Mobb Deep album.

Jome

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2006, 05:37:03 AM »
just stop man, jome is gonna anything g-unit affiliated. he'll probably even buy a lil scrappy cd now

I'm gonna what?, I'm pretty sure you got more G-Unit CD's than me, and yet you're still on the G-Unot bandwagon, following the other sheep as usual.  :tosser:
Yayo is wack, Olivia is wack, and Lil Scrappy is wack, but I bet you're having a Game-style change of heart now that Mase is on G-Unit.  :o ::)

Maybe we'll just have to wait until the album drops before making all those speculations.. At the moment they're just promoting Mobb Deep with all party and club music, but that's the way gunit always works. We cant predict how the entire album is gonna be.

No shit ?
What is it that I'm telling these fools ? They're judging Mobb from 1 of the 15 tracks they put out, while I judge them from the 15 tracks they put out, go figure.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2006, 06:53:27 AM »
Lol I cant believe how much some people hate 50 Cent.Its his own fault I guess.C'mon people the album aint even out yet.And somebody said that Mobb Deep is making party tracks.They made 2 out of 15,like Jome said.One of them was very dope(Outta Control remix),the other one is your average club song.Dont forget Game's How We Do which also had him and 50 saying G-Unit.But was the whole album like that?No.

And wake up people.Its not 93-96 anymore.Times have changed.

Jome

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2006, 08:06:26 AM »
Lol I cant believe how much some people hate 50 Cent.Its his own fault I guess.C'mon people the album aint even out yet.And somebody said that Mobb Deep is making party tracks.They made 2 out of 15,like Jome said.One of them was very dope(Outta Control remix),the other one is your average club song.Dont forget Game's How We Do which also had him and 50 saying G-Unit.But was the whole album like that?No.

And wake up people.Its not 93-96 anymore.Times have changed.

For real, these bitches are desperately hanging on to anything, any little detail that can be used to diss Mobb Deep, now that they've signed to G-Unit.
I bet they hold meetings in their cute little Myspace.com G-Unot groups to discuss any insignificant bagatelle that they can blow up. Pathetic.  :D

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »

I bet they hold meetings in their cute little Myspace.com G-Unot groups to discuss any insignificant bagatelle that they can blow up. Pathetic.  :D

Lmao wtf is this.Now thats pathetic.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »
just stop man, jome is gonna anything g-unit affiliated. he'll probably even buy a lil scrappy cd now

I'm gonna what?, I'm pretty sure you got more G-Unit CD's than me, and yet you're still on the G-Unot bandwagon, following the other sheep as usual.  :tosser:
Yayo is wack, Olivia is wack, and Lil Scrappy is wack, but I bet you're having a Game-style change of heart now that Mase is on G-Unit.  :o ::)

lol when have i ever used to phrase "g-unOt" (besides now)? i gave every g-unit album a fair listen, its not my fault that their music doesnt live up to 50's big talk. so yeah you're partly right, the only g-unit album im lookin forward to is mase. because im a mase fan, and im not gonna stop likeing him just cuz he's on a horrible lable

ps: im sure you were listening to "Twist it" while typing that message  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »
ps: im sure you were listening to "Twist it" while typing that message  ;D

???

'EclipZe

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2006, 03:07:42 PM »
lmao @ mauzip praising 50 @ g-unot myspace :P

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2006, 05:27:14 PM »
I thought Nate had fallen off, but he proved me wrong with "Black Mercedez" and "Real Soon"

yeah that and warren's shit, he's good at going with the tone and mood of the artist, that's all.  i don't think nate is ever going to fall off.

offhand, i'm prolly gonna check mobb deep's shit -- outta control remix was dope, and i kinda like this song too.

but its still g g g g g g g g unot

westkoastanostra

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2006, 12:53:21 AM »
who gives a mad ass fuck if mobb deep be putting shit out like "have a party" that song is dope! newsflash...it aint 1995 or 1996 n e more...times change...rappers change.....why dont u fools change and get with mobb deep of 2006....they still deliver some grimey shit anyway! sure it aint like before but just dont compare there shit and maybe you'll enjoy it more.....just listen to the music and quit criticizing mobb deep or any other rappers that put different shit out....

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »
blood money is going to be one of there best albums

Elevz

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2006, 11:31:16 AM »
The thing I've said before is, if you think Mobb Deep selling out is anything new, you're greatly mistaken. If Mobb Deep "sold out", they sold out when "Murda Muzik" came out and went Platinum - even though that album was still dark and fairly grimy, the crossover-directed refinements to the aesthetic were still obvious.
To me, that album had Mobb Deep selling out already. In my eyes, the Mobb died after 1997; anything they released after that hasn't been anywhere near my taste in music. Whether they're on G-Unit or not, they won't release good stuff anymore anyway. They might as well sell out some more and get that major cash from the teeny boppers pockets.

And somebody said that Mobb Deep is making party tracks.They made 2 out of 15,like Jome said.One of them was very dope(Outta Control remix),the other one is your average club song.
We're talking about mixtape cuts here, right? Anyone can tell mixtapes tell you NOTHING about what the actual album is going to sound like. Yes, them club songs were on retail releases. That should say enough. The retail releases had some "grimey" songs by other artists, but not from the Mobb. That should really ring a bell. Their album will most likely approach 50's when it comes to the pop-factor.

Dont forget Game's How We Do which also had him and 50 saying G-Unit.But was the whole album like that?No.
The Documentary was filled for 75% with tracks similar to How We Do. Face it. Even though the actual sound had some variety to it, some different styles added, some blending... It's all pop music, yet this is some of the better Hip-Pop around. Also, both 50 and Game mentioned G-Unit countless times on The Documentary...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:33:03 AM by Elevz: "the RIAA should go bowling!" »

J Bananas

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2006, 11:35:49 AM »
who gives a mad ass fuck if mobb deep be putting shit out like "have a party" that song is dope! newsflash...it aint 1995 or 1996 n e more...times change...rappers change.....why dont u fools change and get with mobb deep of 2006....they still deliver some grimey shit anyway! sure it aint like before but just dont compare there shit and maybe you'll enjoy it more.....just listen to the music and quit criticizing mobb deep or any other rappers that put different shit out....

thank you

Bigg $amo

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »
word.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »

So because it's 2006 we should be a lot more accepting of bubblegum rap? Nobody's saying it needs to have the same sound as back then.  Don't try to make it sound like they're still being innovative by putting 50 and G-Unit all over their tracks cause thats a fuckin joke.  They're just trying to push more units which is great from a business standpoint, but sucks from an artistic standpoint. Shit, Mobb Deep should put Britney Spears on their shit.  How about Justin Timberlake?

I didn't pick up Snoop's last two albums because he's decided he's gonna go with singles produced by the Neptunes only.  And i think the Neptunes have done some slick ass work (i love the Clipse). But it's the same principal - i'm not going to condone this trend in hip-hop that says "hey, whoever is at the top of the album sales this week is who is gonna be on my record".  How about not following every fucking trend that comes out? Do you people not feel like mainstream hip hop is incredibly watered down? I sure as hell do - and it wasn't always that way.