Author Topic: Saigon dissing the south  (Read 319 times)

Eihtball

Re: Saigon dissing the south
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 01:53:29 PM »
Trying to learn from hip-hop (or music in general, for that matter)...the very idea is a contradiction to me.  Almost every musical recording I have ever heard has either (A.) Told me nothing I didn't already learn on my own, or (B.) Contained little more than an exaggerated version of "the truth".  And considering that hip-hop artists tend to embrace doctrines and beliefs that I find extremely questionable (and at times, laughable), I'd be hard-pressed to find any rappers I'm willing to call teachers.

Music is entertainment, plain and simple.  Even though I don't mind my favorite artists sharing their beliefs with me, they shouldn't expect to teach me shit, because it's likely I won't agree with them by default.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »
Sai does contradict himself more then most rappers(not really with that comment), he and Nas says 1 thing then does another. how gonna get at other rappers for talkin about negative shit then do it yourself? he´s entitled to his opinion but that doesn´t mean that there´s not several southern rappers who could outrap Sai easily. and he´s gonna be a problem for JB coz if he keeps on talkin Just aint gonna have anyone to sell beats to in the future.

I don't recall him blaming people for talkin about negative shit, I highly doubt he would say something like this when most of his lyrics have something negative to them. What he doesn't like is when rappers promote senseless violence n shit casue he's been through alotta shit and feels like it's irresponsible which is understandable. The way he describes his life and a gangsta life in general doesn't encourage people to do it like he used to, if anything the opposite is the case.. one exception being that he does promote a death before dishonor attitude, but only when being stepped to, not random violence.

3. the misconception that "deep" music you can "learn from" is in some mysterious way linked to "positivity" and that "positivity" is defined by delivering some kind of moralic message. Actually, you can learn from Big L when it comes to ebonics or creatively using language, you can learn about life on the streets from those far-from-positive QB reality rap records....Brotha Lynch Hung´s street and gang life tales have taught me more than Cee-Lo declaring the devil "be working thru them crackers", Razzy´s factually wrong history lessons or Nas´ super-corny "I Can".
^^nuff said

he´s entitled to his opinion but that doesn´t mean that there´s not several southern rappers who could outrap Sai easily
I must've missed those, could you name southern lyricists better than Saigon ?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

1. SAIGON SAYS "FUCK THE SOUTH"
2. SAIGON WORKS WITH A SOUTHERN DJ!

Nuff Said.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »
Sai does contradict himself more then most rappers(not really with that comment), he and Nas says 1 thing then does another. how gonna get at other rappers for talkin about negative shit then do it yourself? he´s entitled to his opinion but that doesn´t mean that there´s not several southern rappers who could outrap Sai easily. and he´s gonna be a problem for JB coz if he keeps on talkin Just aint gonna have anyone to sell beats to in the future.

I don't recall him blaming people for talkin about negative shit, I highly doubt he would say something like this when most of his lyrics have something negative to them. What he doesn't like is when rappers promote senseless violence n shit casue he's been through alotta shit and feels like it's irresponsible which is understandable. The way he describes his life and a gangsta life in general doesn't encourage people to do it like he used to, if anything the opposite is the case.. one exception being that he does promote a death before dishonor attitude, but only when being stepped to, not random violence.

3. the misconception that "deep" music you can "learn from" is in some mysterious way linked to "positivity" and that "positivity" is defined by delivering some kind of moralic message. Actually, you can learn from Big L when it comes to ebonics or creatively using language, you can learn about life on the streets from those far-from-positive QB reality rap records....Brotha Lynch Hung´s street and gang life tales have taught me more than Cee-Lo declaring the devil "be working thru them crackers", Razzy´s factually wrong history lessons or Nas´ super-corny "I Can".
^^nuff said

he´s entitled to his opinion but that doesn´t mean that there´s not several southern rappers who could outrap Sai easily
I must've missed those, could you name southern lyricists better than Saigon ?
Word

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 10:21:17 AM »
1. SAIGON SAYS "FUCK THE SOUTH"

either you didn´t read it or you didn´t get it