Author Topic: Well Canadians......less than 2 weeks left  (Read 746 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Well Canadians......less than 2 weeks left
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:10:46 AM »
Harper's way up in the polls, but I'm trying not to get too excited, the only poll that matters is the one of the 23rd. I'm really glad to see that Quebecers are opening up to the Tories as a good federalist alternative. I'm also glad that Dumont is helping them out and that Premier Charest is showing general support.

Martin looks tired, old, and out of ideas. It's gonna be a huge smear campaign for the next 2 weeks.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Well Canadians......less than 2 weeks left
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »
kick the bloc quebequois or however u spell it out of politics. im not old enough to vote but my  parents said u cant even vote for them here on the westcoast even if u wanted. what the fuck r they doin in canadian politics cuz  they def not for canada as a nation. the green party has more  legitimacy as all canadians can vote for them and even though this has nuttin to do wit anything that duceppe looks like a pure blood swindling rascist.

Suga Foot

• Hennessy Chaser
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 12:15:19 PM »
I support the bloc.  If Quebec wants to leave, let em. 

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
kick the bloc quebequois or however u spell it out of politics. im not old enough to vote but my  parents said u cant even vote for them here on the westcoast even if u wanted. what the fuck r they doin in canadian politics cuz  they def not for canada as a nation. the green party has more  legitimacy as all canadians can vote for them and even though this has nuttin to do wit anything that duceppe looks like a pure blood swindling rascist.

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »
I think the smearing it stupid and tasteless. Let your politics speak for you. I'm still leaning towards Conservative because I feel a change is good and if they go too far withg anything a new election will come about the second they do. I almost don't want to vote for them out of spite. Their ads are filled with insults and self praising bullshit. I don't know whether to be upset with them or with the people for showing over the years that shit like this works.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:04:23 PM »
blah i cant vote i dont think i ever will do i even giva shit?

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 08:24:26 PM »
^^^ u should  make sure u vote. voting is such a privelege that canadians take for granted. where i come   from in south africa my parents werent allowed to vote because of the colour of their skin(chinese descent) and in many other nations there are restrictions on people being allowed to vote. it should be every canadian over the age of 18 priority to cast a ballot and if u dont vote then u shouldnt complain about the way the govt is being run as yall had a voice but didnt use it.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 11:43:08 PM »
I'm trying so hard not to be excited with these polls....but the Tories have risen ABOVE the Grits in La Belle Province and the Bloc has fallen below 50. And I don't think you'll find many people disputing that Harper definetly has the most momentum in the next week and a half.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 11:55:45 PM »
My friend informed me a couple of weeks ago that despite the fact that I live in the U.S.A. I can still vote in the Canadian elections since I'm still a citizen (I just turned 18). Sweet. I loved politics growing up, but since I moved out of Canada (3 1/2 years ago) politics have changed so much and I never had much time to keep up with it. In a simpiler time I would of easly voted for the liberals, but in 2006 my pick is still up for grabs. Who to vote for? :eh: ??? :-\

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 08:31:11 AM »
im still 16
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 08:33:10 AM by Papoose - »

Knuckles

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 01:30:18 PM »
The Liberals are getting very desperate.  Watch this television ad they made.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 02:25:33 PM »

Paris

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »
The Liberals are getting very desperate.  Watch this television ad they made.
"We are not making this up." :laugh:

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 12:32:43 AM »

the bloc is there to protect quebecers from evil federalist like jean chretien paul martin pierre eliott trudeau, well every corrupted politicians that will make everything to put us in the dirt. duceppe is the most competent guy in this mutha. did ya know that they change the formula of the debates because the 3 chiefs of the other parties were affraid to debate face to face with him? that mothafucka know wassup. And dont argue it aint true, it was written black on white in the gazette
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:37:23 AM by Drunk Driver Drivin »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline

Paris

Knuckles

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »
PM Martin Threatens Notwithstanding Clause, Ignores Promise to Protect Church Rights

By Gudrun Schultz

OTTAWA, Ontario, January 10, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Prime Minister Paul Martin, who in 2003 indicated he might use the notwithstanding clause to protect churches from performing gay ‘marriages’, said last night the first act of a new Liberal government would be to remove the clause from the Constitution.

LifeSiteNews.com reported on Dec. 19, 2003 that on CBC radio Martin expressed a willingness to use the notwithstanding clause to protect churches. "I would look at it if it was a question of affirming a (religious) right," he said.

However, in the English leaders debate last night in Ottawa Martin said, “[T]he first act of a new Liberal government is going to be removing, by Constitutional means, the possibility for the federal government to use the notwithstanding clause, because quite simply, I think governance says that the courts shouldn't be overturned by politicians.”

The notwithstanding clause is an override power which allows parliament to overturn court decisions on Charter issues. 

Gwen Landolt, vice president of Real Women of Canada, said it was alarming to hear of a decision with such profound ramifications.

“The implications are frightening. The clause is there to put a control mechanism on the courts. It is beyond belief that one would allow the handpicked appointees of the courts to operate without check.”

Landolt said the Supreme Court has already altered the Constitution by writing in protection for same-sex relationships that was not originally present.

“[Such actions] are not based on law, precedent, or legal principle. They are simply from the judges’ own heads.”

Conservative leader Stephen Harper said he believes the notwithstanding clause creates a necessary balance of power between parliament and the courts.

“[T]here is a danger in saying that the courts, regardless of the decision, will always be right. Our Charter and our Constitution sets up the dialogue where there’s a balance between parliamentary supremacy and the supremacy of the courts. That’s the balance I support,” Harper said in the debate last night.

See the text of last night’s debate at:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060109...=

See previous LifeSiteNews.com report
Martin Promises to Use Notwithstanding Clause, to allow Free Votes and Let MPs Vet Proposed Senators
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2003/dec/03121902.html

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
^^

Boy was that a stupid idea, sounded like Martin pulled it out of his ass during the debate. Ironic that he claims Harper wants to make Canada more like the US, but removing Section 33 would make us just like America by making the courts supreme over elected officials.

Paris

Knuckles

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 08:21:56 PM »
I think that "policy" just slipped out during the debate.  It wasn't even in the Red Book.

I'm watching this clown right now on CBC trying to cover his ass over those television ads.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 08:43:35 PM »
I think that "policy" just slipped out during the debate.  It wasn't even in the Red Book.

Yeah no doubt, he's just trying to make Harper look like he'll use the nw clause to override same sex marriage even though the courts ruled that the definition of marriage was up to Parliament.

Paris

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 01:19:24 PM »
http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060111/elxn_dumont_conservatives_060112

i voted for this dude in the past, i would vote for him again, he's nice, got great ideas. too bad medias destroyed his image and he won't ever get the chance to get elected

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »
Ha ha , The Liberal Empire is crumbling!!!

Go Harper.

Im voting Conservative!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »
http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060111/elxn_dumont_conservatives_060112

i voted for this dude in the past, i would vote for him again, he's nice, got great ideas. too bad medias destroyed his image and he won't ever get the chance to get elected

If I lived in Quebec he'd have my support in a heartbeat, both voting and volunteering. One of the best leaders in the country in my opinion. He should join the federal Conservatives in my opinion, he'd be able to weild a lot of influence and have a high position.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »
Ha ha , The Liberal Empire is crumbling!!!

Go Harper.

Im voting Conservative!

Fuck yeah! Good to have you on our side Tech!

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 10:03:35 AM »
6 Main things I want to see with this election

1. A Harper win, preferably a majority
2. At least 5 Tories from Quebec
3.The Bloc to obtain less than 50% of the vote
4. Martin to lose his own seat
5. Svend Robinson not win his riding
6. McLellan losing her seat

Everyone should come up with 6 things, it would be interesting to see.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 10:32:38 AM »
1. Decent status for the NDP
2. minority or majority, i want an efficient govt that wont be delayed by conflict
3. fuck michael ignatieff
4. fuck svend robinson
5. martin resigning
6. mckenna leading the liberals for the next go around
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll