Author Topic: Canada elects a new government!!  (Read 750 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Canada elects a new government!!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 07:41:28 PM »
i live in canada.
i dont know shit about politics. aka 0%
explain me wtf is gonna happen. thanks.

There's a new government, it's a minority, not much will happen. Election again with 18 months.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 08:13:10 PM »
i live in canada.

There's a new government, it's a minority, not much will happen. Election again with 18 months.

I don't think there will be another election for a while yet.  The liberals have to find a new leader, and that's gonna be a hell of a battle.  And if the liberals cause another election too soon, they know they won't be re-elected because canadians don't want another election.  Each election costs us like a half a billion dollars, and is a waste of time that could be used elsewhere.  Canadians ain't havin that.  I think it'll be 2-2.5 years.  And hopefully the conservatives can do some good things so they can get a majority next time.

And hopefully James Moore gets a cabinet position.  Transportaion Minister possibly?  I know Harper has to give away the good positions the Frenchies.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »
i live in canada.

I don't think there will be another election for a while yet.  The liberals have to find a new leader, and that's gonna be a hell of a battle.  And if the liberals cause another election too soon, they know they won't be re-elected because canadians don't want another election.  Each election costs us like a half a billion dollars, and is a waste of time that could be used elsewhere.  Canadians ain't havin that.  I think it'll be 2-2.5 years.  And hopefully the conservatives can do some good things so they can get a majority next time.

And hopefully James Moore gets a cabinet position.  Transportaion Minister possibly?  I know Harper has to give away the good positions the Frenchies.

I'll give you two years. James Moore in Transportation? Sounds good to me!

Adon, what went awry in BC that Harper lost 5 seats in your opinion?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 08:29:40 PM »
I was watching CBC and they were saying that tradionally BC is a battleground between Conservative and NDP.  Last election the Conservatives were up, this election, it kinda just balanced back out.  Last time Paul Forseth only won by like 130 votes over the NDP, and he lost it this time, but everyone knew it was coming.  It's a riding with a lot of Union people in it.  Jack Layton also spent a lot of time out here in the last few days of the campaign.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 06:16:50 AM »
I was watching CBC and they were saying that tradionally BC is a battleground between Conservative and NDP.  Last election the Conservatives were up, this election, it kinda just balanced back out.  Last time Paul Forseth only won by like 130 votes over the NDP, and he lost it this time, but everyone knew it was coming.  It's a riding with a lot of Union people in it.  Jack Layton also spent a lot of time out here in the last few days of the campaign.

That's too bad that there was some ground lost, but it's good for BC anyways. I'm sure you guys are happy with a big caucus with a few Cabinet Ministers.

Paris

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 07:23:49 AM »
BC always does its own thing in elections. we rarely follow the national trend in voting. and yeah the boter turnout is up but still dissappointing to me. citizens of democratic countries like canada take forgranted their gift of voting. to me a good voter turnout would be at least 80% but i doubt that will ever happen.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 08:32:38 AM »
BC always does its own thing in elections. we rarely follow the national trend in voting. and yeah the boter turnout is up but still dissappointing to me. citizens of democratic countries like canada take forgranted their gift of voting. to me a good voter turnout would be at least 80% but i doubt that will ever happen.

BC typically elects opposition members; NDP in the 80s, Reform in the 90s, Alliance in 00 and Tories in 04.

I have no problem with low voter turnout, sometimes not voting makes as strong a statement than voting. And if people don't really understand politics, they shouldn't vote either. So it works out.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »
I have no problem with low voter turnout, sometimes not voting makes as strong a statement than voting. And if people don't really understand politics, they shouldn't vote either. So it works out.

Spoiling the ballot makes a much better statement than not voting.  If you're not happy with any of the canditates, just put a line thru the whole ballot.  Elections Canada records the number of spoiled ballots they get each election.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 11:56:31 AM »
TO was entirely Lib with some NDP

im pissed stronach and ignatieff won
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 11:59:37 AM »
TO was entirely Lib with some NDP

im pissed stronach and ignatieff won

Yeah same here, they both should have lost and fucked right out of Canadian politics.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »
Cabinet Predictions:

Lawrence Cannon - Deputy PM
Peter MacKay - Justice
Josee Verneer - Intergovernmental Affairs
Monte Solberg - Foreign Affairs
Stockwell Day - Industry
Gordon O Connor - Defence
Loyola Hearn  - Fisheries
Chuck Strahl - House leader or Speaker

Paris