Author Topic: Well Canadians......less than 2 weeks left  (Read 1364 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Well Canadians......less than 2 weeks left
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 08:45:03 PM »
^^^o for real i didnt know that. so the govt cant do anything no matter what. so i guess all this talk of paul martin lowering tuition prices for students' first and last years of post secondary is all political bullshit? and i thought i read that the conservatives are like paying $300 for students textbooks or sumthin

See the thing is technically Martin can sign deals with the Premiers to lower fees but the problem is Premiers don't tend to like their jurisdiction having federal involvement, and it would likely end up with a bunch of meetings that go nowhere because Martin has no balls when it comes to the provinces.

Now the textbook thing ($500) would work out because it would be a tax deduction. I think that would work out well.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

KiCkAsS

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 01:19:11 AM »
 8)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 08:32:51 AM »
Well, today is the day, predictions?

Conservative - 135
NDP - 40
Bloc - 58
Liberals - 73
Green - 2

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 04:03:04 PM »
^^^ good prediction
2 seats for the greens isnt that quite a bit for them?
i read somewhere that the bloc might be the minority get the 2nd most seats and be the offical opposition. what would that mean for the rest of canada as they dont give a shit bout everyone else?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 04:07:07 PM »
^^^ good prediction
2 seats for the greens isnt that quite a bit for them?
i read somewhere that the bloc might be the minority get the 2nd most seats and be the offical opposition. what would that mean for the rest of canada as they dont give a shit bout everyone else?

2 is a lot for the Greens but I could see it happening.

Bloc as official opposition means nothing really, they were there 1993-1997 as well. It's just a consitutional convention.

Paris

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 04:16:26 PM »
so with ur conservatives most likely to win what do u think is gonna be some major changes in the govt?
do u think there gonna shy away from the kyoto accord? cuz i wouldnt like that too happen? and do u think theyre gonna send actual troops to iraq?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 04:26:08 PM »
so with ur conservatives most likely to win what do u think is gonna be some major changes in the govt?
do u think there gonna shy away from the kyoto accord? cuz i wouldnt like that too happen? and do u think theyre gonna send actual troops to iraq?

I doubt there will be any radical changes, unfortunately, do to a minority government.
Kyoto, maybe pull out. Their plan is better anyways, the US has already shown that by using a plan that is made specifically for one's country it works better than Kyoto.
There will be no troops going to Iraq, I very much doubt that. Fearmongering on Paul Martin's end.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 04:39:31 PM »
No way will we go to Iraq.

As for the environment, Kyoto really means nothing.  The Liberals signed it and emissions went up, you have actually do something about the problem.  Just signing a piece of paper won't do anything.  You can lower emissions and be good to the environment without being a part of Kyoto.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:44:32 PM by Knuckles »

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »
i juss came bak from votin.
originally wasnt gonna vote.
but then i wuda felt guilty if i dint vote for the party i felt wuda been the best.
i wont say who i voted for, but it givez me peice of my mind that i tried to help the party wud do the best to win.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »
No way will we go to Iraq.

As for the environment, Kyoto really means nothing.  The Liberals signed it and emissions went up, you have actually do something about the problem.  Just signing a piece of paper won't do anything.  You can lower emissions and be good to the environment without being a part of Kyoto.

Agreed.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 05:50:52 PM »
I got pulled over on my way to vote  >:( 

I got off with a warning tho  :)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »
Is there many types of voting systems in Canada?  And what kind are out there?

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 07:15:51 PM »
damn, the liberals are really that bad up in canada?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 07:18:27 PM »
From the vibe im seeing, it seems that the liberals just bitch and do nothing about their whining. You cant go anywhere with that attitude

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
Is there many types of voting systems in Canada?  And what kind are out there?

Westminster Parliament style.

Paris