Author Topic: Random, lesser known, and rarely known facts, + rumors, about L.A. Rap + culture  (Read 4245 times)

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
who got jacked for there chain by the 30's

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
whats the dress code for gangsters in LA for 2006?

I mean..I wouldn't even say it's a dress code, but just a loose kinda code that most people know. It's hard as hell to point out a gangbanger nowadays, because many non-affiliates and non gang members wear similar things. Usually, you can tell if dudes bang if they are in a group and all got on similar things, but you will see a lot of dudes who you would think bang because of their attire who really don't. You just don't see khakis and chucks that much more than you'd see em anywhere else. A lotta times, you'll see dudes with white tees, and their hat can represent the gang they are from, but even that isn't always the case. I see crips wearin red at times, and bloods wearin blue at times, but it is usually in moderation when they do. It also depends where you are located. Somebody could be wearin a black LA hat, white tee, black jeans, and black or white shoes, and he could be a crip or blood. At the same time, somebody could have on a red hat or red shoes, and not be a gang banger. But usually, they just wear certain hats and combinations of colors to where u can guess where they are from.

But in general....it's usually never like the movies, where you drive by a corner in a neighborhood and see 20 dudes in ALL red or blue, from head to toe.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
who got jacked for there chain by the 30's

I really don't want to put it on blast. I could tell you who it was not if asked though. It wasn't anybody from G-Unit, Dipset, or D-Block.

Sikotic™

-J. Wells is not from L.A....he's actually from somewhere in the south or either Chicago. Jelly Roll is also from the south...I think Alabama.
nope, jelly roll is from the mid-west, i think it was kentucky, but not 100% sure - but I AM 100% sure that hes from the mid-west - doenst behave like a guy from the south anyway...
better not post any "i think" things... no offense, but why did you even put it to your list unless you wasnt even sure about it? ::)
this may make one wonder how well the rest has been researched :-\ ::)

Damn man, take it easy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
-J. Wells is not from L.A....he's actually from somewhere in the south or either Chicago. Jelly Roll is also from the south...I think Alabama.
nope, jelly roll is from the mid-west, i think it was kentucky, but not 100% sure - but I AM 100% sure that hes from the mid-west - doenst behave like a guy from the south anyway...
better not post any "i think" things... no offense, but why did you even put it to your list unless you wasnt even sure about it? ::)
this may make one wonder how well the rest has been researched :-\ ::)

Damn man, take it easy.

LOL.....yeah, I said I THINK, and that is somethin that wasn't even that important, and that makes him wonder how well the rest was "researched", damn. I gotta be 100% on everything from here on out

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
nah man, its cool, but i was wondering why you put something like this into that really INTERESTING list, youre a cool dude, so most probably the rest is right, but to me it just didnt make sense to add this rumour-talk to all the facts you put on the table

reggie bush

• Lil Geezy
ayo Rtistic, what city does game live in now?   i take it he finally moved outta compton right?

smp4life

Here's some I gleaned from the "Have Gun Will Travel " book by Ronin Ro:

Sam Sneed got raped at Deathrow.

Suge made 2 rappers (brothers) from the midwest strip naked, and then he robbed them, in the studio for using a payphone Suge told them not to. They pressed charges too.

Pac's 1st rapping name was MC New York.

Suge slapped Warren G in front of all his homeboys and they didn't do nothing.

Warren G changed the color of a car in one of his rhymes from blue to red to appease Suge. I think it was in Regulate.

Sam Sneed was sat down and made to watch his own music video, and Death Row thugs punched him each time an east coast artist appeared in it. Supposedly Pac was in on this anti-Sneed thing too.

An engineer was beaten for recording over a tape in the studio.

Suge made smaller artists sign blank pieces of paper for contracts.

We Fly High

Warren G changed the color of a car in one of his rhymes from blue to red to appease Suge. I think it was in Regulate.

Aint No Fun.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
shade shiest went to hamilton highschool in l.a. too..........

rtistic most of the stuff u said was dead on point, straight from L.A.

We Fly High

ayo Rtistic, what city does game live in now?   i take it he finally moved outta compton right?

i think he lives in glendale. my coworker went to his house warming party, hahaha.

DatNiggaDazisBack

• 'G'

Suge made 2 rappers (brothers) from the midwest strip naked, and then he robbed them, in the studio for using a payphone Suge told them not to. They pressed charges too.

Pac's 1st rapping name was MC New York.

Suge slapped Warren G in front of all his homeboys and they didn't do nothing.

Sam Sneed was sat down and made to watch his own music video, and Death Row thugs punched him each time an east coast artist appeared in it. Supposedly Pac was in on this anti-Sneed thing too.

An engineer was beaten for recording over a tape in the studio.

Suge made smaller artists sign blank pieces of paper for contracts.

That nigga suge is the devil

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn propz for the info. You have mad connections and I take it that you live in compton. That story about Suge makin two brothers have sex together at gunpoint IS very disturbing. Goddamn no wonder why people were shook to death of deathrow back in the mid nineties.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Is this fact or rumor?
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Eihtball

I mean..I wouldn't even say it's a dress code, but just a loose kinda code that most people know. It's hard as hell to point out a gangbanger nowadays, because many non-affiliates and non gang members wear similar things. Usually, you can tell if dudes bang if they are in a group and all got on similar things, but you will see a lot of dudes who you would think bang because of their attire who really don't. You just don't see khakis and chucks that much more than you'd see em anywhere else. A lotta times, you'll see dudes with white tees, and their hat can represent the gang they are from, but even that isn't always the case. I see crips wearin red at times, and bloods wearin blue at times, but it is usually in moderation when they do. It also depends where you are located. Somebody could be wearin a black LA hat, white tee, black jeans, and black or white shoes, and he could be a crip or blood. At the same time, somebody could have on a red hat or red shoes, and not be a gang banger. But usually, they just wear certain hats and combinations of colors to where u can guess where they are from.

But in general....it's usually never like the movies, where you drive by a corner in a neighborhood and see 20 dudes in ALL red or blue, from head to toe.

I haven't been to L.A. in years now, but I'm the under the impression that if you wanna know what hood someone's from these days, it basically comes down to tats, maybe the way they talk (I still remember hearing "cuzz" and "loc" get tossed around), or usually just where you are.  When I was coming up, I remember what you said about cats wearing certain sports hats and jerseys and stuff like that, but these days, I hear even that shit's played out - any kind of dress code, and One-Time will learn it and use that against them.  Of course, the colors thing is WAY outdated now, and it was even before "Colors" came out - except for the double- or triple-OGs' that have been banging for 20-plus years, you ain't gonna see many folks going out blued up/flamed up these days.