Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON'S CHARITY SONG ALMOST DONE  (Read 723 times)

RECOGNIZE187

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON'S CHARITY SONG ALMOST DONE
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 05:40:16 AM »
So, exactly how many artists are gonna be on the final version?

i think around 10...including r.kelly,keisha cole,snoop,jay- z, stevie wonder...

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 06:06:21 AM »
It's business. Fuck friends.

Yeah, Here's the rationale, if there is any, in this idiot above's comments.

Lets say, Sikotic, that a house you used to own and live in, but SOLD 15 years ago, was on the market. 

The owner of the house, that you used to live in, but sold, 15 years ago, wants 50 thousand dollars for it. 

The house is likely worth 100 thousand dollars. 

Now, you want to pay 45 thousand for it.

I buy it for 50 thousand.

You have the opportunity to bid more than 50 thousand, but say "No, I don't want to pay that much".

Am I an asshole for buying it? Hell no, that's business, you had your fair shot, it has nothing to do with whether we're friends of not.  Only a fucking CHILD would think that Michael Jackson should just donate the songs back to Paul or whatever when Paul had all the opportunity in the world to buy them at the same time, and at the same fucking price!

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 06:10:55 AM »
If you have a career that has earned you likely 1 billion dollars over the past 25 years, and you have nothing left?  You obviously don't know what the fuck you're doing. 

LOL...u r readin too much tabloids!! do u really think he has nothing left??

I think a majority of the money he has earned in his career is gone.  He was lucky to buy a couple things that have rose in value, and today owns 3 things worth anything in the world. 

His house is worth about 30 million dollars or so, he probably paid 15 or 20 for it, so he's made money on that.

His Beatles Catalogue has been merged with Sony/ATV publishing, and is likely worth 300 million dollars or so.  He bought the Beatles Catalog for around 40 million dollars in the 80's, so that has grown immensely.  He was also already paid 90 million dollars for it in the early 90's, for his half of each song that Sony aquired, but not only did they give him 90 million, they gave him half of their entire catalog.  So that 40 million investment has already been returned and spent.

Last, he has his own music that he paid for and had recorded on his own dime over the years.  Mijac productions I think it what he calls his own music catalog.  Along with that he has a few royalties that he owns outright seperate from the Sony/ATV publishing deal, for instance he owns all of Charlie Chaplin's movies, and receives all the royalties from Charlie's stuff.  Sony gave him that and some others as a kind of cookie plate on top of the above deal for half of his beatles catalog. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 07:17:36 AM »
Good to hear this is coming out.

Doesnt Michael own the right to the "happy birthday" song also ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 08:24:09 AM »

Lets say, Sikotic, that a house you used to own and live in, but SOLD 15 years ago, was on the market. 

The owner of the house, that you used to live in, but sold, 15 years ago, wants 50 thousand dollars for it. 

You have the opportunity to bid more than 50 thousand, but say "No, I don't want to pay that much".

Am I an asshole for buying it? Hell no, that's business, you had your fair shot, it has nothing to do with whether we're friends of not.  Only a fucking CHILD would think that Michael Jackson should just donate the songs back to Paul or whatever when Paul had all the opportunity in the world to buy them at the same time, and at the same fucking price!

You do realize that thanks to the Thriller Album and the fact that it was during the Regan boom that MJ had a lot more money than Paul, don't you? Recently McCartney has made a killing in tours but thanks to a not all that prosperous solo career and the fact that the Beatles never really toured major arena tours; also that he never owned the Baetles masters, he wasn't rich enough to outbid MJ. Remember how he had to try and joint buy the songs with Yoko? They don't even like eachother. Why would Paul doit with Yoko if he could do it alone?

No one is saying that MJ should have donated the songs back to him, but if MJ really is the full of love, child at heart, modern day Jesus like he wants to be known as then he would have just stayed out of the bidding. Saying it's only business is bullshit as an excuse. It's just a motto some asshole capitolist used to justify screwin over people to get money. Like when those fucking Ford plants pull out of a town and make everyone go broke because they can make the same cars for less money in Mexico, exploit the Mexicans and leave the hard working ex-employees who've worked for them for years in the shitter. Just say you're fucking asshole who cares more about money than decency. Don't use the it's only business excuse. Only people brainwashed by current society buy into that. You know what those pimps in Milan and Phillipines say that sell the sex service of young children to pedophiles? It's just business. Fuck them and fuck anyone that agrees with that. Michael Jackson is as much a dick and Tommy Mottola, but at least Tommy Mottola doesn't go on stage in a Jesus robe and have kids swarm to him like he's some sort of holy man.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 09:22:15 AM »
michael Jackson is too busy handling hostage situation with the kid.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2006, 01:42:16 PM »
how long can a man take to make 1 song?! ???

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 03:07:57 PM »

Exactly. I really doubt Paul is sufferring financially anyways. He probably has a better financial standing than Michael at this point.

And Shallow, the whole analogy between MJ/McCartney and the Ford plants are a bit far fetched. A bunch of blue collar workers getting fucked over by a company doesn't even compare to two wealthy artists bidding large amounts of money over songs that will add on to their wealth.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »

Exactly. I really doubt Paul is sufferring financially anyways. He probably has a better financial standing than Michael at this point.

And Shallow, the whole analogy between MJ/McCartney and the Ford plants are a bit far fetched. A bunch of blue collar workers getting fucked over by a company doesn't even compare to two wealthy artists bidding large amounts of money over songs that will add on to their wealth.

I was just using an example of "just business".

Let's say you and me were good friends and we were both recording artists and I got a good deal with my songs where I owned them all but you got a shit deal and signed a contract that gave the rights to the songs you wrote to someone else. Now that someone else goes out of business and outs your songs up for sale and you plan on buying them, and I secretly outbid you since I have more money and you cannot match what I can pay. Then not only do I go behind your back and take your songs but when you go on tour and sing your songs you have to pay me to play them. Would you consider me a good person or good friend? Would you still come over and hang out?

I don't feel bad for Paul McCartney at all. He has more money than MJ does now. What bothers me is the praise a guy like Jackson gets as far as his "good heart" goes. People with "pure" hearts don't pull shit like that. If Michael Jackson presented himself as a ruthless businessman like Motolla or Don King then I wouldn't give a shit. When Don King screws over his boxers it's the boxer's fault for ignoring the blatant facts because Don King is a straight up business man who makes no excuses. Michael Jackson does not present himself as such. He shows off his good nature every chance he gets like he's above you as a human being. If you are going to act like you're above someone then you better be the Dalai Lama as far as how you treat all people goes.

If MJ came out tomorrow and said "I'm a dick who screws over people and gives to charity for publicity" then I would be his biggest fan, because I would respect his honesty while his goofball fans would feel betrayed. Look at the topic of thois thread; it's about a song MJ was so quick to announce but had no idea when he would finish it. He didn't even write the song yet and he was already bragging about it.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 01:20:11 PM »
how long can a man take to make 1 song?! ???
well dr.dre is makin 1 album for around 8 years...!

it's not like he is working on tha song all day everry day..he has other things to do in his life...he recorded his vocals a few months ago in london for it...so i don't know...the beat was done months ago,vocals were recorded also...he had to wait for all the artists to record their parts...maybe that was the problem...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:55:53 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »