Author Topic: KRS-One disses Nelly!  (Read 739 times)

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: KRS-One disses Nelly!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2002, 05:39:53 PM »
Why do y'all got againts Nelly? I mean... it's his style and at least he's not another fake gangsta in the game, he's making his own shit and people hate him cuz he's not "Hard" enough... Anywayz, I respect KRS 1 but I think his new shit is boring cuz its too damn old skool.. not evoluating so Im the only one with Nelly here
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2002, 05:40:03 PM »

Nelly dissed KRS on his song "#1". Nelly said "I'm tired of people saying what's real hip hop, that usually be the ones whose fuckin albums flopped".

How does nelly know what real hip hop is? please. His gotta realise that a great hip hop album doesn't always depend on the sales. I mean nelly may sell a lot but its by teeny boppers!
His got no respect on the streets. Fuck nelly the  stupid little bitch! I hate him even more for dissin one of hip hops great legends!  >:(
That song is pretty tight tho, i like it. I agree with what tha7th said it has more educated disses in the song.

The Watcher

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2002, 05:53:41 PM »
im very proud of krs, that he answered back about nelly dissing hip-hop.......but on the real that song is kinda tight,.....i dont know if its just me but its mad tight......and yo does anyone know what the deal bout krs's "spiritually minded" album that just came out........i didnt hear much bout it......dont worry ya'll nelly cant do nuthin to hip-hop.....your forgettin ra's gonna bring it it back wit oh my god.......and nas did a hell of a start
peace

krs has found god now, doing gospel rap.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

KVB

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2002, 05:54:05 PM »

How does nelly know what real hip hop is? please. His gotta realise that a great hip hop album doesn't always depend on the sales. I mean nelly may sell a lot but its by teeny boppers!
His got no respect on the streets. Fuck nelly the  stupid little bitch! I hate him even more for dissin one of hip hops great legends!  >:(
That song is pretty tight tho, i like it. I agree with what tha7th said it has more educated disses in the song.

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2002, 06:29:59 PM »
He didn't just diss Nelly.  He did diss Nelly, and it was funny.  But Tonedef names a few more, and KRS in the third verse speaks out against anyone using nigga, bitch, hoe, etc.  He's done that for awhile, but maybe this will be noticed more since it is a Nelly insult.  

ROCCY

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2002, 07:21:15 PM »
Nellys such a fag, he actually was dumb enough to diss a all time great whos a vet in this game, wheres the fuckin respect, i even hate nelly more for this, seriously how can he even call his own shit hip hop,god damn

WORD!!!!!!!!!!

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2002, 09:17:33 PM »
hahaha tight, i wonder if nelly responds....dope ass track too

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

eNgIeS

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2002, 09:23:45 PM »
KRS rules
Nelly sucks
bout time someone told Nelly what time it is. I bet if Pac was alive he would be puttin niggaz like Ja Rule & Nelly in they place
Hang on is KRS disses people for saying nigga & bitch, why did he do a song with Kurupt!?!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2002, 09:23:50 AM »
well if you want an example of a HIPHOP alike pop boy...that relyes on catchy hookz and overlly melodic shit to sell...take NELLY,JA FOOL, SISQO etc as examples...lol...i dunno why the fuck iz he dissen" KRS...he prolly needz somehow to xplain hiz own lack(absence in fact) of hiphop head credebility.

there iz nothin in NELLY that could somehow put him in tha same category wit KRS the veteran...tha most visable limit iz tha generic....NELLY belongz to a diffrend type of music....so there iz no way this can be considered as even a near-battle.

p.s btw...."Spiritually Minded" iz a great album.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2002, 09:39:13 AM »
nelly probably didnt even mean it as a diss to KRS calm the fuck down..

im tired of people coming on here saying "_____ is fuckin up hiphop lets kill them"

lack of open minded people is FUCKin up hiphop... yall only like the shit u like and nothing else gimme a break

i can see why people hate on ja rule, cuz he came one day saying "murda its murda" then the next album sining love songs..

but nelly just came with his style, and stuck with his style.. he aint claiming to be a thug, or talkin murder, just doint some sing song fun party songs and thats it!

nelly wasnt commercial hiphop on his first album cuz his first album wasnt made to be a major hit and shit... he didnt make it off of HYPE he made it off of hard work and hot music that PEOPLE liked... i dont even own the damn album

but i remember when nelly came out, he wasnt gettin hyped for months as the next big thing. he even said in an interview, when he made country grammar that shit got popular cuz he went and performed it so many times in his home town before the album dropped. and then that song didnt really get huge til months after the album dropped.

he aint on some fabolous tip, who gets all this hype for no reason.... he earned his hype through hard work in whatever form...     and he doesnt diss HIP HOP or fuck with it... he said he's tired of people like YOU all that can't accept nothing new... music is meant to be enjoyed obviously people enjoy nelly or he wouldnt have mad it big

Jamal420

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2002, 05:25:36 PM »
^ in a way....i agree

hip hop can be broken down into many categories (gangsta, west coast, funk,and there's also "mainstream")

nelly aint bitin' anyone's style.....he just makin music that people can have a good time listenin to like at parties and shit

u wouldn't wanna be at a party listenin to krs singin about his life on the streets

on the contrary nelly aint "real rap" , but when did he ever say
that he was gonna try to be the next rakim, krs, pac, or nas.....he aint tryin to be....he jus doin his thing....which some of us like and some dont

jay-z makes a lot of shit thas just as mainstream as nelly:
i just wanna love you
H to the IZZO
big pimpin

but most of u got nothin against that

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2002, 05:05:22 AM »

jay-z makes a lot of shit thas just as mainstream as nelly:
i just wanna love you
H to the IZZO
big pimpin

but most of u got nothin against that

i can see you"re new over here dawg....and here iz somethin about most peepz" feelingz towardz JIGGA on this board....most peepz here can"t stand him...peepz can"t stand IZZO,I just wanna love you,big pimpin......lol...
i"m personally a JIGGA fan....and in my opinion you caN"T put NELLY or JA fool even near tha same category you put JIGGA in....it ain"t about exposure...neither about seilz...it"z about tha quallity....JIGGA iz a first class MC.....sharp minded...sharp verbally...and got mad charisma.....and can make even comersially motivated trackz like those three sound fresh and originall...in fact "BIG pimpin" (and alikes) by Jigga, ain"t less of a track than tha letz say westcoastz "houswife" by dre\kurupt...or any other pimpological track that getz respect...tha diff iz dat JIGGAz  lyricz in these club-banger trackz don"t sound gangsta-cliche"d or dumb....like when JA or NELLY...spitt their bull.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?