Author Topic: wu tang concert summary  (Read 138 times)

krazyk

• 'G'
  • East, West, every state, c'mon, bury the hate! -MASE
wu tang concert summary
« on: March 20, 2002, 06:15:05 AM »
first off, the concert was off the heezy.  It had a lot of the usual rap concert things ( pushing, a lot of waiting around,fairly bad opening acts, and more waiting).  There were two opening acts and i wasn't really feeling them, and i don't think that many others were either. we came to see the Wu, not them.  The concert was packed, and it was at a nightclub in downtown minneapolis, and it has two floors which created an interesting atmosphere. The concert was supposed to start at 8, but as usual, it didn't, the two opening acts prolly ended around 10 or so, and the Wu didn't take the stage until around 11.  i was about 10 rows from the stage in the center, and right around me i saw about 3-4 fights during the concert,including a chick fight, and another one on the way out, where one kid got his ass beat kinda bad. Then the Black Knights came on for a song or two. Finally, it was time for the Wu.  They came out individually, and they each did a couple verses from their solo albums. I only have 2 of their solo albums, and as usual at concerts, it was tough to distinguish which song it was unless you knew them well, because of the massive bass and the crowd cheering. I was surprised how many people in the crowd knew all of the verses off their solo albums.  The last to come out was the one and only Method Man, and he got the biggest cheer, followed by Ghostface Killer.  Method man absolutely torn it up, the crowd went wild, he is definitely an entertainer.  he did a verse of how high, da rockwilder, all i need, and a couple others throughout the night.  Meth really got the crowd going.  He did M.E.T.H.O.D. Man, and the crowd was loving it, singing line for line with him. Then the whole Wu came out, and they did old hits like C.R.E.A.M., Ain't nothing to fuck with, clan in the front, bring da ruckus, and a few others i believe,they also did Reunited, a couple others from Wu-tang forever, and In the hood, Uzi, Rules, y'all been warned from The iron flag.  During the concert, method man said :" i heard Minnesota got some bomb-ass weed!", and some people knew bags of weed on the stage for them.  Thoughout the concert, they had the crowd throwing up the W for Wu, and they got the crowd involved a good deal, which is always fun.  For a while during the concert, the pushing got kinda bad, and if it had gone on a little longer, someone might have gotten seriously hurt, espeicaly if they fell down during the pushing.  At one point, a fight broke out close to the stage, and Meth said" c'mon y'all, get that out of here" and then he laughed and said "just let'em fight". Meth was doing some funny dancing on stage and shit, it was great. ghostface was also great, and prolly the crowd's second favorite behind Meth.  he had this huge medallion thing on, and a jean jacket, with supreme clientale on the back, and little diamond things all over, it was tight as hell.   They brought some girls on stage to dance too.  The crowd was really into it the whole time, creating a great atmosphere, although very rowdy.  I wish they would have done the whole version of Triumph, and maybe a couple other of their hits as a group, they ended with a ghostface song, i can't think of the name of it, it would have been sweet to end it as a groupl, but it was still great.  I just wish the whole Wu was there, ODB obviously wasn't there, and to my knowledge Raekwon wasn't either.  I didn't hear any of his verses or recognize him on stage, but there were a lot of people on stage, and it was tough to see cause of all the jumping and shit.  Overall, it was a great concert, and Meth and Ghostface were phenominal.  Well worth the money....peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"Get my drink on, and my smoke on, then go home with somethin to poke on"- Dr. Dre

Sub-Z

Re: wu tang concert summary
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 09:15:14 AM »
i wish i was there  :(

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 12:41:58 PM »
damn i cant w8 till tha 28th :o

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 12:50:50 PM »
Damn, if i was there i'd of been singin line for line of EVERY one of those damn songs, n how can u say that u ain't sure whether Rae was there, u not know what he looks like? u actually a wu fan??

krazyk

• 'G'
  • East, West, every state, c'mon, bury the hate! -MASE
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 02:26:18 PM »
yes i am a wu fan, why do you think i went to their concert? i've been listening to them for over 6 years. i was big into music then, and then i kinda didn't listen to a whole lot of music for a while, i was very busy then, so i don't have a lot of their solo albums yet, but this past year at college i've gotten back into listening to music a lot. I have a decent idea of what he looks like, ( we didn't have cable when i was a kid, so i never got to see music videos), but i was a little fucked up at the concert, and everyone was jumpin around and shit, with their hands in the air, it was tough to see man,and its tough to hear their verses with the bass and crowding going wild and shit, and there was a lot of people on stage,  give me a break man, i know it prolly sounds stupid that i am not for sure, but i'm almost positive he wasn't there (99%).  
"Get my drink on, and my smoke on, then go home with somethin to poke on"- Dr. Dre

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 03:25:21 PM »
Soz man, my bad, i thought u were about 13, lol, dunno why

it must be the jealously too, i wish Wu Tang would come to England sometime, and perhaps not jus perform in London, try somewhere further north so i can actually go see 'em. The North get's nothing compared to jus london, it sucks dick, oh well...

anyway like  i said, sorry for the ignorance, Peace

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 09:16:22 PM »
You lucky American motherfuckers .................. j/k
Them Wu soldiers will never come to Siberia, they must be afraid of freezing, lol.....
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U