Author Topic: Any 1 Agree That Young Black Brotha Records Were Runnin Bay Area Rap In 95/96  (Read 304 times)

Paul

been listenin to the three main albums that came out in this era
ray luv - forever hustlin
young lay - black n dangerous
mac mall - untouchable

these are classic albums with songs like still smokin endo, struggle to survive, all bout my $fetti, these are perfect hip hop traccs that should be praised

give sum your views on these albums 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I've never heard of any of them so if these guys were "runnin" Bay Area rap in the mid '90s then that's pretty sad.

We Fly High

yes. young black brotha was definitly running shit. with khayree they were unfuckwithable. All about my fetti, is absolutely ridiculous, one of the all time best bay tracks ever. Forever hustlin is classic as well. They also had Dubee, with "My Thang", another one that was fucking crazy. and mac dre as well.

We Fly High

I've never heard of any of them so if these guys were "runnin" Bay Area rap in the mid '90s then that's pretty sad.

they were who 2pac ran with when he was based in the bay area, asides from D.U. but 2pac used to be in a group with  Ray Luv outta vallejo, and he helped to direct a few music videos for Mac Mall including like "Ghetto Theme". theyre very talented i suggest you check out a few of these songs, i guarantee you wont be disappointed.

Mac Mall - Ghetto Theme
Ray Luv - Last Night
Young Lay - Playahs Mode
Young Lay f/ Ray Luv, Mac Mall - All About My Fetti
Dubee - My Thang
Mac Dre - California Livin

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
hmm i would have said it was sicwidit records in those days with e 40 and b legit cely cell all in thier prime at that time...if not id say it was black market records with brothe lynch and mr dr doing it...as far as that other shit all those dudes besides mac mall (even him) are no names...there is no way they were running shit if noone heard of them...rappin 4 tay was prolly out selling they whole records label..

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
young black brotha was definitly running shit. with khayree they were unfuckwithable. 

whatever happened to khayree?
he came out with some tight-ass, bass heavy beats

if not id say it was black market records with brothe lynch and mr dr doing it

just as a side note, i once read that dr dre had wanted to name his new label 'Black Market Records' and he even offered to pay Brotha Lynch a fair amount of money for the rights to that name, but brotha lynch kept asking for more money so eventually dre just went with the name Aftermath.

can anyone else confirm??
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
young black brotha was definitly running shit. with khayree they were unfuckwithable. 

just as a side note, i once read that dr dre had wanted to name his new label 'Black Market Records' and he even offered to pay Brotha Lynch a fair amount of money for the rights to that name, but brotha lynch kept asking for more money so eventually dre just went with the name Aftermath.

yeah I can because brotha lynch had nothing to do with it...brotha lynch didnt own black market records...Homocide and another cat owned black market records..I used to hang with homocide in those days..Dre was offering them money for the name and they kept upping the ante till Dre finally said fuck it and started aftermath...so that part is true..but it really had nothing to do with brotha lynch..

Paul

hmm i would have said it was sicwidit records in those days with e 40 and b legit cely cell all in thier prime at that time...if not id say it was black market records with brothe lynch and mr dr doing it...as far as that other shit all those dudes besides mac mall (even him) are no names...there is no way they were running shit if noone heard of them...rappin 4 tay was prolly out selling they whole records label..

to me i thought sicwidit was between 92 - 95, thats wen celly was on fire, 2 classic albums from him e40 was releasin his earlier material with b legit, then mac mall, ray luv, young lay, mac dre etc came along with a new fresh sound tht came so hard
funkyfreshintheflesh

S.J

Young Black Brotha Records released the best bay albums in the early to mid 90s, i'd put Khayree up with Dr Dre and DJ Quik as one of the best producers on the west. If you haven't heard these albums then you are missing out.

Mac Mall - Illegal Business?
Mac Dre - Young Black Brotha The Album
Ray Luv - Forever Hustlin
Dubee AKA Sugawolf
Dubee - For That $crilla
Khayree - The Blackalation
Young Lay - Black N Dangerous
Constant Drama
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Paul

Young Black Brotha Records released the best bay albums in the early to mid 90s, i'd put Khayree up with Dr Dre and DJ Quik as one of the best producers on the west. If you haven't heard these albums then you are missing out.

ill agree, some of the beats on those albums were unbelieveble

Still smokin indo comes to mind as a classic 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

yeah I can because brotha lynch had nothing to do with it...brotha lynch didnt own black market records...Homocide and another cat owned black market records..I used to hang with homocide in those days..Dre was offering them money for the name and they kept upping the ante till Dre finally said fuck it and started aftermath...so that part is true..but it really had nothing to do with brotha lynch..

thanks
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'