Author Topic: Kurupt new interview  (Read 264 times)

The_Kush

Kurupt new interview
« on: March 19, 2002, 12:00:49 AM »
i've found this on tha row forum.

-*=kurupt

In the last issue of the Mic Patrol, I wrote about Kurupt re-signing to Tha Row. The story mentioned how his alleged departure from ANTRA Records to sign with Tha Row Records (formerly Death Row) surprised a lot of folks including his Dogg Pound homies. Well, I caught up with Young Gotti himself on the set of a video shoot and he gave us the scoop on his new deal with Tha Row and the reaction from some of his closest friends.

I gotta get to the point that’s been stirring up all this controversy…

*Controversy?

Yeah…about you signing back to Death Row…Did you expect people to react the way that they’re reacting?

*To tell you the truth. I haven’t seen a reaction. I ain’t even been in the streets. I’ve been working. It’s not just about signing to Death Row. Simon appointed me the senior vice president of Death Row to oversee projects and bring heat to the table. So we can make the best records possible. We not out to put out no records talking ‘bout nobody and none of that type of negative thing. We out to push real acts like Crooked I, Nina…Lisa Left Eye Lopez and push something real cool and positive, not just for the streets but for the industry. Simon is behind it 100 percent as well as my record Young Gotti Against The Grain. It’s a lot of things we got coming to the table. It’s not just a record deal that’s why I’m here with Simon. It’s a record deal and a job, which is what I wanted. I wanted to run my own company. He’s giving me a company as well. One of the first subsidiary labels of Death Row. So it’s a big thing.

So how did it all come about? Did you go to Suge? Did he come to you?

*I went to him. We was talking already ahead of time. I told him I had a couple of traps to hit up and a couple of things to do on the road, but when I come back its either we gonna do this big or, you know, I’m just gonna be in my own zone, and he respected me for that. He said whatever you want to do Kurupt, fuck with me. And that choice that he gave me right there, was what really sealed everything. I’m fuckin’ with him for that same reason. So I went to him I was like what’s happenin’ Simon? He was like what you wanna do? I broke it down and he said let’s go. Then he gave me a job. He gave me something to enhance my career. All kind of shit the big homie has done for me.

You were recently in a lawsuit with Death Row….

*What lawsuit was I in? They said I was in a lawsuit?

I read somewhere that you sued Death Row to get off the label.

*Oh no…I went bankrupt.

So there was never any bad blood between you and Death Row?

*Oh no. Even when I was bankrupt I talked to Simon when he was in the pen. I was bankrupt. The IRS does not play games. OK?

What do you think will be different now that you’re back?

*I think our style of music is gonna stay the same. We gonna put out some real records that’s not so negative about other people. We really into droppin’ these hit gangsta records. We gonna keep it way gangsta. That’s another reason why I came back cause mothafuckas ain’t trying to push that gangsta shit. Don’t know how to push that gangsta shit. Now we in a situation where one of the best gangsta rappers there is is with one of the best companies for gangsta rap. It’s gonna be a big thing. But definitely you gonna hear the same gangsta type records Death Row originated.

What’s gonna happen with the Dogg Pound project and that camp? Are you still down with them?

*I’m a Dogg Pound Gangsta forever. And this here is a move for my future and my children. I couldn’t do nothing for my kids this Christmas that just passed and I promised my children as well as my mama that’s the last Christmas I will go through without being able to do something for my children and for my family. Everything is great. Its gravy. I gotta little feedback from the homies. The homies love me. They gonna support me which is the most important thing. Daz…I talked to him earlier today. That’s my nigga. The homies is more along the lines of….we gang bang basically. Its like to some of the homies it’s like going to a whole different side. But this is for my career and for my life and for my children. It’s beyond gangbanging to me. The homies is supporting me upon that and realizing that whatever it is, handle your business. You know what you facin’. You know what you up against. Handle your business and keep it right. Keep it true. Don’t change your pace. I’m never gonna change my pace and the good thing about that is Simon ain’t trying to make me change my pace. He’s like you stay doing whatever you do. Just keep it right. I’m giving you a job. Run your job right and just grow and be a man. Our conversations is more on growth than anything and that’s why I’m fuckin’ with him. I see a different change in him a lot from that pen. He’s not as negative as everybody would paint him to be. He’s a good nigga…that’s my nigga.

What do you feel has been the biggest lesson learned throughout your career?

*Listenin’…Learning cause that was the biggest lesson I had to learn was to be able to listen instead of move so fast and be able to learn through the experience, as well as loyalty, which is the number one thing at Death Row right now. The 3 L’s….listening, learning, and loyalty. And the most important thing above all is respect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

The_Kush

Re: Kurupt new interview
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 12:06:12 AM »
-The 3 L’s….listening, learning, and loyalty. And the most important thing above all is respect.-
At death row????
The 3 C's...Cocksuckers,criminals,convicted felons

KVB

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 12:23:51 AM »
-The 3 L’s….listening, learning, and loyalty. And the most important thing above all is respect.-
At death row????

LOL !!!  ;D ;D ;D
True...  :D

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 12:58:49 AM »
At death row????

hahaha.. WORD!

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

The_Kush

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 06:15:42 AM »
-The 3 C's...Cocksuckers,criminals,convicted felons.And the most important things above all are ours drugs smugglers-
Sincerly,
Tharow.com  ;D