Author Topic: Neville charged over goal salute  (Read 123 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Neville charged over goal salute
« on: January 26, 2006, 09:12:31 AM »

Neville charged over goal salute  

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct.

The charge relates to his celebrations following Rio Ferdinand's last-gasp winner in the 1-0 win against Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The FA's action, based on referee Mike Riley's report, comes after Greater Manchester Police expressed concerns over Neville's behaviour.

England international Neville, 30, has until 10 February to respond.

Referee Riley failed to see the incident but offered his verdict on Neville's actions after reviewing video footage.

Neville was seen to grab his shirt and gesticulate wildly towards Liverpool fans after Ferdinand's late winner.

The England defender was initially unapologetic about his behaviour.

He said: "I would have been apologetic if I had run up to one of their players and tried to belittle them, but this was a celebration.

"You are caught up in the moment and for a few seconds you go bananas.

"I laughed when I heard someone say it was not the behaviour of a 30-year-old because they are probably the same people who have accused us of lacking passion in recent games."

As the case is not on the FA's new fast-track disciplinary process, Neville may escape with just a heavy fine.
NO MORE WAR

KURUPTION-81

Re: Neville charged over goal salute
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 10:36:02 AM »
I dont see how they can give him more than a fine, if he had been spotted doing it he would have got a yellow card.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson