Author Topic: Afeni..... Just out for the paper?  (Read 269 times)

Don Seer

Afeni..... Just out for the paper?
« on: March 18, 2002, 09:25:30 PM »
Ok... people are beginning to realise this now... esp after she just tried to get $10 million out of naughty by nature for one verse.

What other shady shit has she tried in the past?

(I pick on the 2 that affected mr b.a.d.)

1) Made Bad Azz pull 2pac from Ghetto Star on his first album (he had to do a version with pac removed).

2) Refused to pay Bad Azz for his appearance on Krazy (off of the Makavelli album).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

DJ_Jay_Deee

Re: Afeni..... Just out for the paper?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 09:29:33 PM »
It's pretty sad how her son dies, then she does this kind of stuff eg. trying to scam money from his former friends and rappers over tupac verses. I think she might just be out for the money. Does anyone know does she own all his music or whats the deal???

Here's one:

The tupac and daz cd that was going to be released.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 09:41:09 PM »
the deal with makavelli & dillinger at the moment is that daz tried to release it... now maybe rightly he got stopped due to pac's estate not being notified or whatever.. we dont know.

now they've blocked the release

facts are...

1) daz put it up for $500 pre-order - only 1 person paid this.. dpgrecordz say he is being 'looked after well'.
2) daz later put it up for $50 pre-order for xmas 2001.
3) pac's estate stops release.
4) court case is this month
5) pac's estate now claim that pac paid for the studio time, now they say the tracks belong to them.
6) fans @ dpg recordz forum are planning a 'class action' suit against dpg recordz over refund complaints.

so daz might lose all rights!

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 10:22:30 PM »
thats fucked up man.  she should wanna put out his music so that his fans can appreciate his talents.  shes only worried bout how much paper she gon get.  shes livin large now and fucking people around.  thats really dissapointing to see.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2002, 10:53:21 PM »
the deal with makavelli & dillinger at the moment is that daz tried to release it... now maybe rightly he got stopped due to pac's estate not being notified or whatever.. we dont know.

facts are...

1) daz put it up for $500 pre-order - only 1 person paid this.. dpgrecordz say he is being 'looked after well'.
5) pac's estate now claim that pac paid for the studio time, now they say the tracks belong to them.
6) fans @ dpg recordz forum are planning a 'class action' suit against dpg recordz over refund complaints.

Thanks 4 that info and i was thinking about buying the album for $50 lucky i didn't. I remember when it was $500, who would pay this much 4 the album, it's just gonna be all over the net once it is released.

The_Kush

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2002, 11:25:54 PM »
Afeni..... Just out for the paper?
Of course.She was a black panther,and now a millionare.
She was bastard with bad azz,and with naughty by nature too!
She got all the "rights" of tupac's songs,except one:
Street life (featuring Prince Ital Joe and Snoop doggy dogg),
from what we know,snoop got the rights of the song,and afeny prolly will be on snoop's dick for this song.
Its sad,but maybe this song will be never released. :(

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2002, 01:02:13 AM »

facts are...

That's hella fucked up.  I was 2 inchs from payin 500 bucks.  I was down.. man.. until my girlfriend stopped me, I had the credit card in hand!!!!  Glad I didnt put myself in that kinda debt over nothing.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2002, 01:33:00 AM »
and here lies the reason why i will never buy a post-humous tupac record again. bootleg, yes, buy, no.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2002, 01:58:54 AM »
shouldnt the guy that paid 500 be refunded 450?

forgot to say, apparently DPG recs have this shit already printed up!